ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contracting_payslips_dividents_mismatch on bank statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ubabnannak
Newly Registered

Contracting_payslips_dividents_mismatch on bank statement

Post by ubabnannak » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Dear All,

I am due to renew my Tier1 General Visa by Feb 2013. I have changed my job from contrating to permenant last month.

So i am in the process fo winding up my limited company. And so i am getting all the financial documents required for the income proof. My wife was added as an employee of my company. My company used to get payed weekly and i used to transfer around 75% to my personal bank account.

I have got the payslips and divident slips from my accountant which matches with the company bank account statement, but i am not sure about the amount in my personal bank statement.

for eg: For Jan 2011 Amount trasfered to my personal account was 3400 which consists of £820 (my salary) + £500 (wifes's salary)+ £2080 (my divident).

Is this ok..? in other words, how do i prove the amount split..
Any advice + help appreciated.

Please ask if you need more info for prompt help.

Thanks

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Dear All,

I am due to renew my Tier1 General Visa by Feb 2013. I have changed my job from contrating to permenant last month.

So i am in the process fo winding up my limited company. And so i am getting all the financial documents required for the income proof. My wife was added as an employee of my company. My company used to get payed weekly and i used to transfer around 75% to my personal bank account.

I have got the payslips and divident slips from my accountant which matches with the company bank account statement, but i am not sure about the amount in my personal bank statement.

for eg: For Jan 2011 Amount trasfered to my personal account was 3400 which consists of £820 (my salary) + £500 (wifes's salary)+ £2080 (my divident).

Thanks
Dude - Did you have an accountant? if you had, I was surprised how they missed it.

First of all how can you transfer your wife's salary into your own personal account?? its your wife's salary !!!

And secondly as you have described, it seems that you were drawing a monthly dividend, though that's technically possible but not really advisable practically.

To answer your original question, no you CANNOT claim £3400.
Your accountant should be able to advise further.

paribus
United Kingdom

Post by paribus » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:48 am

ankitv wrote:
Dear All,

Thanks
Dude - Did you have an accountant? if you had, I was surprised how they missed it.

First of all how can you transfer your wife's salary into your own personal account?? its your wife's salary !!!

And secondly as you have described, it seems that you were drawing a monthly dividend, though that's technically possible but not really advisable practically.

To answer your original question, no you CANNOT claim £3400.
Your accountant should be able to advise further.
Why is a monthly dividend not advisable - if your company is making profit on a monthly basis after all expenses, shouldn't you be able to declare dividends without issues?
We burn the midnight oil seeking for PEO appointments and up again early to resume our all-important jobs to keep us in the country. We are Highly Skilled Immigrants - in every sense of the word!