ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May require urgent travel to India during OCI Application...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR_Queries

May require urgent travel to India during OCI Application...

Post by ILR_Queries » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi,

I have just attended the Interview at the local Passport and Identity office and fingers crossed, should be able to get my British Passport.

My Plan is to apply for the Surrender of Indian Passports, which i think would take 5 weeks, if i were to apply in person in one of the visa processing offices. Subsequently, the plan is to apply for an OCI Card in a Birmingham HCI office. As per the Birmingham HCI office, it is going to take another 17 weeks to get the OCI card.

Please refer, http://www.cgibirmingham.org/index.php? ... es&id=10#9

So effectively, it is going to take 22 to 24 weeks...

My doubt is,

If i were to encounter an emergency situation to travel to India during this 24 week period, what options are available to me.

I would only hold the Original British Passport with me during this 24 week period and probably all cancelled Indian Passports with me.

Could some one please enlighten me, if they had such circumstances to travel in an emergency during the OCI application/ Indian Passport surrender process.

This would help me in avoiding panic during such emergency situations.

Kind Regards

manoj123
United Kingdom

Post by manoj123 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:17 pm

First and foremost thing...this is not the right section to post about Indian immigration. Use this section

If you had to travel urgently, I would suggest getting a visa instead of OCI waiting time.

According to this thread, surrendering an Indian passport would take 3-10 working days.

Going by this thread, OCI would take 3-4 weeks.