ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

makingastart
Newly Registered

Post by makingastart » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:10 pm

Last edited by makingastart on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:18 pm

You do not need academic progression or infact any kind of progression to get ILR under 10 years rules.

You need academic progress to get your student visa extended if it needs extending ie if it is expiring before your 10 years are up. :idea:

makingastart
Newly Registered

Post by makingastart » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:33 pm

Last edited by makingastart on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:53 pm

Yes, you got it.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Re: What Degree is Considered Academic Progression After A P

Post by quantum1 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:19 am

makingastart wrote:I have been trying to Google but have no luck since its not a question that is often asked.

I have been in the UK for 9 years since when I was doing my bachelor degree and have now completed my PhD (In total: I have BSc, MSc, and PhD degrees). I understand that if I stay one more year in the UK, I would be eligible for ILR. I don't have a job offer and I think an MBA degree may be useful for me. But I read that in order to get ILR, I would have to make academic progression each course that I take while in the UK. I already have a PhD so its a bit tricky for me...would an MBA be consider academic progression?
Academic progression is not your major problem. There is an 8 year limit on people who have completed a PhD. If you have completed 8 yrs they will not be able to give you a visa. There is also a limit of 5 years on degree level study.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:02 pm

According to your situation, you cannot apply anymore visa/LTR on Tier-4.

s.uk
BANNED

Post by s.uk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:51 pm

Dude u have PHD (Pretty Huge Dick) :) for what u can get a job and girl both in your country So its time to serve your own country

makingastart
Newly Registered

Post by makingastart » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Thanks for the info.

praveeng
Newly Registered

Post by praveeng » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:21 pm

makingastart wrote:I have been trying to Google but have no luck since its not a question that is often asked.

I have been in the UK for 9 years since when I was doing my bachelor degree and have now completed my PhD (In total: I have BSc, MSc, and PhD degrees). I understand that if I stay one more year in the UK, I would be eligible for ILR. I don't have a job offer and I think an MBA degree may be useful for me. But I read that in order to get ILR, I would have to make academic progression each course that I take while in the UK. I already have a PhD so its a bit tricky for me...would an MBA be consider academic progression?
Hello Friend,

After PHD you can able to study Post Doctoral Fellowship. In This PDF you can able to get university monthly salary, if you are selected. Check google for PDF positions. If you need any further information please send me message.

Tanking you,
Praveen.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:59 pm

praveeng wrote:

Hello Friend,

After PHD you can able to study Post Doctoral Fellowship. In This PDF you can able to get university monthly salary, if you are selected. Check google for PDF positions. If you need any further information please send me message.

Tanking you,
Praveen.
Post doctoral fellowship is not study. You cannot study Post Doctoral Fellowship.

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Post Doctoral Fellowship is actually an academic job, not study. So you cannot apply for Tier-4 visa extension for PDF.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:44 pm

An other PHD???