ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TURKISH POST STUDY WORK PERMIT HOLDER-DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

erenmuratemre86
Newly Registered

TURKISH POST STUDY WORK PERMIT HOLDER-DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

Post by erenmuratemre86 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:24 am

Hi

I am a post study work permit holder since 7 July 2011 and am a bit confused therefore I will be more than appreciated if anyone helps me out with this matter

As mentioned earlier, I have obtained my post study work permit visa last year on the 7th of July 2011, I am fully employed and have been working for a company for almost 6 months. My work permit is going to be expired on the 7th of July 2013. My question is that shall I switch into Tier 1 (general) before waiting for my visa to get expired ?? How long does tier (general) visa last ?
Another question is that since I am a Turkish national I can apply for a Turkish National ECAA1 however this visa does not lead to permanent settlement however it seems you are very secured as long as you are offered a job plus you do not pay any fees. The only problem is that you have to extend it every year and cannot apply for ILR

My girlfriend is on a student visa at the moment and we are thinking of getting married in September. I assume she can be my dependant however I cannot decide whether I apply for switching into Tier 1 General as soon as possible or what until july the first and apply for ECAA1

Please share with my your ideas and kind suggestions

Regards
Eren

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:32 am

Tier1 (general) route is closed now and only extension of existing Tier 1(general) is allowed. So you cannot switch to Tier 1(general) from PSW.

It will be a better idea to consider Turkish National ECAA1 or Tier 2(general), but both of these would not let you get ILR.

I think only visa that will allow you to get ILR and then citizenship is Tier 1(entrepreneur) or Tier 1(investor). I would suggest explore more information on these
Tier1 Aspirant

erenmuratemre86
Newly Registered

Post by erenmuratemre86 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:35 am

Well. I know that TIER 1 general route is closed for the ones who are not in the UK at the moment. As other people who switched into Tier 1 from PSW in the past , I have the same rights since I am PSW holder and living in the UK

erenmuratemre86
Newly Registered

Post by erenmuratemre86 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:53 am

If previous PSW switched into Tier 1 General in the last years, according to law, I should have the same rights. It should not be my problem if the tier 1 General is closed at the moment..how can given rights be taken?

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:04 pm

well i dont have the expertise to advise on how you can get your rights back...
ideally if you think PSW should be allowed to switch then Tier 2 holders will claim they should be allowed but anyways thats not something i hold expertise in

and just one correction to your post 'TIER 1 general route is closed for the ones who are not in the UK at the moment' its closed for everyone either in UK or out of UK except for extension applications
Tier1 Aspirant

erenmuratemre86
Newly Registered

Post by erenmuratemre86 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi mate

I understand what you are trying to say here however I reckon it is very unfair.Many people switched into TIER 1 general from PSW. Since I am a PSW holder i should be able to switch into that cateory otherwise this would be a double standard. I m going to see a barrister as soon as possible to get advised how to get back my rights. If it is neccesarry i will go to the European Human Rights Court because When I got my PSW visa, PSW holders were allowed to switch into Tier 1 General and nothing was mentioned about this. How can be given rights be taken?? Upss sorry, since we are in the UK, we should be looking for logic.

I have got one final question and will be very happy if someone has an answer

What is the duration of ECAA1 visa ? Do I need to extend it every year?

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:54 pm

yes i understand the issue and yes it is unfair for genuine students come here to study but cant help it try searching this forum you will find several discussions around this

about ECAA1 try this forum:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewforum.php?f=45
Tier1 Aspirant