ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Abdul Majid
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul Majid » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:34 pm

Just a quick question im heading down to where they give the visa's to travel to India..anybody got any experience on how long it takes until you get your passport back with the indian visa stamped in it?

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:50 pm

Abdul Majid wrote:Just a quick question im heading down to where they give the visa's to travel to India..anybody got any experience on how long it takes until you get your passport back with the indian visa stamped in it?
Hi Abdul,

My husband applied for his X visa (5 year visa for those who are married to Indian citizens). He applied on July 7th (by post) and got it back by July 14th with only 1 year stamped on it.

The recommended processing time is 10 days by post, but he got it within 5 working days.

They are very efficient and quick unlike the UKBA :P

Good luck with your visa.
27-04-2012: Submitted application @ VFS Hyderabad
02-05-2012: Application under process at BHC
30-07-2012: Processed application delivered to Blue Dart
31-07-2012: VISA Granted

maroonedsoul

Re: Settlement Visa..

Post by maroonedsoul » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:04 pm

nad wrote:Hi ,
My wife applied for settlement visa on 10th may, and on UKBA site it says 84% applications were processed in 60 days,
I wonder how long they will take it's over two months..
application submitted in Hyderabad, India.
Thanks.
Hi Nad,

Currently, the processing time is 72 days for BDHC, Chennai. However, I am hoping that it will be faster with Olympics starting in a week or so. That means the visitor visas should be reducing.

People from April still havent heard back. So, you will have to wait!

wAliMeer

Re: Settlement Visa..

Post by wAliMeer » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:08 pm

nad wrote:Hi ,
My wife applied for settlement visa on 10th may, and on UKBA site it says 84% applications were processed in 60 days,
I wonder how long they will take it's over two months..
application submitted in Hyderabad, India.
Thanks.
Hi Nad,

Welcome to the forum, Sorry to say but its been a long wait for everyone on this forum because of Olympics and increase in number of applications. The average waiting time stands at 72 working days at the moment. Those figures were for applications processed in April 2012 and the website haven't been updated since.
12/04/12 : Application submitted at VFS Hyderabad.
16/04/12 : Application under process at BHC.
18/07/12 : Processed Application couriered via Bluedart.
19/07/12 : Visa Granted.

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:12 pm

sKAUR wrote:
maroonedsoul wrote:Hi S_kaur,

I am so sorry to hear about your rejection.

The thing that annoys me about this decision is although there are certain guidelines on what a genuine relationship constitutes, when they are unable to decide, they should seek an interview to learn more about the applicants. Not all applicants know how to show these traits or rather culturally tend not to express so openly.

According to the UKBA:

"
Outward signs of affection
Companionship
Physical intimacy
Emotional support; and
Mutual concern for each other’s welfare.

These traits distinguish a genuine marriage from a sham marriage. It is our view that when a relationship is genuine, these traits are apparent regardless if the couple has been together in a relationship for a day, a month, a year, or even decades."

I wish you good luck with your appeal and I hope the above information is helpful in providing extra evidence to prove that your relationship is genuine.
i thought they would have interveiwed us.
Hi sKaur,

I am glad you have a good barrister as there seems to be a lot of prejudice and stereotypes by UKBA who are failing to see the evidence you have given.

I have watched innumerous UK Border Agency videos and I remember them interviewing a much older woman and younger man marrying. They were from Delhi, I think. Anyway after the interview, the Indian husband got the visa.

I think perhaps an explanation would be well suited to your case. For example, in my case, I provided a relationship timeline document where I have explained how our relationship started 6 years ago, and how often we met, emails from each year, followed by trip photos with descriptions on the back correlating with visa stamps from different countries.

I have also sent phone chat records, greeting cards, post cards and emails from other people asking how we are doing generally etc.

I have no idea how long you two have been together. I can send you my relationship timeline document if that helps. And perhaps you can address those points I mentioned in the previous post and give examples of behaviors that shows that your husband cares about you, provides support etc.

Feel free to pm me your email address and I will get back to you.

Good luck.

nad

Thanks..

Post by nad » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Thanks Guys, the waiting time is really hard. let's hope they speed up the applications..

sKAUR

Re: dis heartened soul

Post by sKAUR » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:53 pm

neerajverma wrote:
sKAUR wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
sKAUR wrote:i cant believe they turned our love marriage into n arranged one and still had the nerve to say WE stated in our application that it is an arranged marriage
:?
Arranged marriage or a love marriage is irrelevant as far as an ECO is concerned.What matters most is that its a GENEUINE marriage :wink:
@ batley khan

Can you suggest any other docs i can provide got over 200 pics of us and prob 2000 emails to say the least.hat it has been explained why the exact question they have asked is why we have not explained why a a man exactly 2 yrs younger would marry someone who is divorced with three kids so im confused as to what tp provide. i am planning a trip in oct as cant get hol of work and school dates to match would that help my appeal.
@skaur,
Its really shocking to hear the exact reason of refusal. Haven't you provided the cover letter explaining how you people met, and why he wants to come to the UK. Although its silly, but still they want. Don't know which law says a divorced girl cannot marry a single and younger guy.. They are so advanced , still thinks so backward. Inspite of giving all proofs of communication what else they want..? They are imposing invalid reasons of refusal because they can interview if really want to know about genuinity.
:O
no i didnt because i had provided injunctions and court orders against my ex a full statement from my divorce lawyer stating my previous marriage ended due to domestic violence. i thoight they would have done the maths i even said that my husband is my massis husbands bro son. its shocking having been brought up in this country where anyone can marry anyone should there be so much predudice against divorcee? what are we not alloowed another chance ? stupid really
applied:vfs new dehli 01/05/12
application under process at bhc dehli 01/02/12
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012
ecm to respond by the 09/01/2013
Visa refusal decision upheld by ecm
Appeal hearing 03/04/2013
Visa stamped on 20th may 2013

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:56 pm

sKAUR wrote:
neerajverma wrote:
sKAUR wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
Arranged marriage or a love marriage is irrelevant as far as an ECO is concerned.What matters most is that its a GENEUINE marriage :wink:
@ batley khan

Can you suggest any other docs i can provide got over 200 pics of us and prob 2000 emails to say the least.hat it has been explained why the exact question they have asked is why we have not explained why a a man exactly 2 yrs younger would marry someone who is divorced with three kids so im confused as to what tp provide. i am planning a trip in oct as cant get hol of work and school dates to match would that help my appeal.
@skaur,
Its really shocking to hear the exact reason of refusal. Haven't you provided the cover letter explaining how you people met, and why he wants to come to the UK. Although its silly, but still they want. Don't know which law says a divorced girl cannot marry a single and younger guy.. They are so advanced , still thinks so backward. Inspite of giving all proofs of communication what else they want..? They are imposing invalid reasons of refusal because they can interview if really want to know about genuinity.
no i didnt because i had provided injunctions and court orders against my ex a full statement from my divorce lawyer stating my previous marriage ended due to domestic violence. i thoight they would have done the maths i even said that my husband is my massis husbands bro son. its shocking having been brought up in this country where anyone can marry anyone should there be so much predudice against divorcee? what are we not alloowed another chance ? stupid really

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:58 pm

maroonedsoul wrote:
sKAUR wrote:
maroonedsoul wrote:Hi S_kaur,

I am so sorry to hear about your rejection.

The thing that annoys me about this decision is although there are certain guidelines on what a genuine relationship constitutes, when they are unable to decide, they should seek an interview to learn more about the applicants. Not all applicants know how to show these traits or rather culturally tend not to express so openly.

According to the UKBA:

"
Outward signs of affection
Companionship
Physical intimacy
Emotional support; and
Mutual concern for each other’s welfare.

These traits distinguish a genuine marriage from a sham marriage. It is our view that when a relationship is genuine, these traits are apparent regardless if the couple has been together in a relationship for a day, a month, a year, or even decades."

I wish you good luck with your appeal and I hope the above information is helpful in providing extra evidence to prove that your relationship is genuine.
i thought they would have interveiwed us.
Hi sKaur,

I am glad you have a good barrister as there seems to be a lot of prejudice and stereotypes by UKBA who are failing to see the evidence you have given.

I have watched innumerous UK Border Agency videos and I remember them interviewing a much older woman and younger man marrying. They were from Delhi, I think. Anyway after the interview, the Indian husband got the visa.

I think perhaps an explanation would be well suited to your case. For example, in my case, I provided a relationship timeline document where I have explained how our relationship started 6 years ago, and how often we met, emails from each year, followed by trip photos with descriptions on the back correlating with visa stamps from different countries.

I have also sent phone chat records, greeting cards, post cards and emails from other people asking how we are doing generally etc.

I have no idea how long you two have been together. I can send you my relationship timeline document if that helps. And perhaps you can address those points I mentioned in the previous post and give examples of behaviors that shows that your husband cares about you, provides support etc.

Feel free to pm me your email address and I will get back to you.

Good luck.
been together for over a year now met via grandmother passing on number emails telephone pics cards even my kids drew drawings and wrote letters and there only 7 5 and 3 yrs. school even wrote letters its mad really not only am i deeply upset so are my kids who dont see their real dad and have adopted my new husband as their father. i dont think eco have any feelings or compassion
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:00 pm

sKAUR wrote:
neerajverma wrote:
sKAUR wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
@ batley khan

@skaur,

@skaur,

Can understand your feelings as I'm in the same boat. :(
I really wish and pray, they overturned decision and provide you visa at the earliest.
Fingers crossed.

Best wishes & regards,

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:13 pm

neerajverma wrote:
sKAUR wrote:
neerajverma wrote:
sKAUR wrote:
@ batley khan

@skaur,

@skaur,

I really wish and pray, they overturned decision and provide you visa at the earliest.
Fingers crossed.

Best wishes & regards,
i hope so im not affected as my kids have nopt spoke to their real dad in three years and he has abandoned them to tell u truth so they seeked solice in my husband whom understands the kids as his parents to spilt up when he was a child, he can relate to my kids one of theone reasons why i love him
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:15 pm

sKAUR wrote:
neerajverma wrote:
sKAUR wrote:
neerajverma wrote:

@skaur,

@skaur,

Fingers crossed.

Best wishes & regards,
i hope so im not affected as my kids have nopt spoke to their real dad in three years and he has abandoned them to tell u truth so they seeked solice in my husband whom understands the kids as his parents to spilt up when he was a child, he can relate to my kids one of theone reasons why i love him
hope so or ill have to shift to india with the kids for a while
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:34 pm

sKAUR wrote:
sKAUR wrote:
neerajverma wrote:
sKAUR wrote:

@skaur,

Fingers crossed.

Best wishes & regards,
@neerajverma did your appl get refused too
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:16 am

sKAUR wrote:
sKAUR wrote:
sKAUR wrote:
neerajverma wrote:

@skaur,

Fingers crossed.

Best wishes & regards,
@skaur,

Nope, my application is still under process at delhi BHC. My case is same like you, being younger and divorced. So bit worried about the same. let's see what's gonna happened. I wish they could understand a divorced person can be in a genuine relationship with a single.
Fingers crossed..

JS26

Post by JS26 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:12 am

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know I got my Visa today, finally the wait is over and I am so Happy :).

I got it in 58 working days. I hope all those waiting for their visas get it soon.

sKAUR

Post by sKAUR » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:23 am

neerajverma wrote:
sKAUR wrote:
sKAUR wrote:
sKAUR wrote:
@skaur,

Nope, my application is still under process at delhi BHC. My case is same like you, being younger and divorced. So bit worried about the same. let's see what's gonna happened. I wish they could understand a divorced person can be in a genuine relationship with a single.
Fingers crossed..
wel hopefully it should be fine i ahve kids therefore in thier opinion nobody would want the so called 'baggage' of kids but there arev people out there who have a heart
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 am

sKAUR wrote:
neerajverma wrote:
sKAUR wrote:
sKAUR wrote:
@skaur,

Fingers crossed..
wel hopefully it should be fine i ahve kids therefore in thier opinion nobody would want the
so called 'baggage' of kids but there arev people out there who have a heart[/quote]

@skaur
Mmmm I'm agree with you. All are not alike, they should know this thing. they have myths in their mind or nothing else.
All I know is to fight till end and win.

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:41 am

JS26 wrote:Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know I got my Visa today, finally the wait is over and I am so Happy :).

I got it in 58 working days. I hope all those waiting for their visas get it soon.
@JS26

Many Many congratulations to you. Hope you have a great life ahead.
Really happy to get good news from the forum.

Wish others get the same, really long wait now.

Best wishes and regards,

------------------------------------

Liza
Newly Registered

Post by Liza » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:46 am

Congratulations ....
neerajverma wrote:

@JS26

Many Many congratulations to you. Hope you have a great life ahead.
Really happy to get good news from the forum.

Wish others get the same, really long wait now.

Best wishes and regards,

------------------------------------

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:58 am

Hey JS26,

Hearty Congratulations! So glad you got it within 60 days.

I regret my decision to apply in Hyderabad as I could have easily done it in Pune!! Cannot trust the stats ever!!!

Well, when do you fly out?

ranji82
United Kingdom

Congrats...

Post by ranji82 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:15 am

Congrats .. enjoy u r life ahead ...

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:27 am

Congratulations :)

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:30 am

Hi Maroonedsoul,

Did your mp get back to you at anything they may do to help ?

I'm thinking of seeing mine too- as no reply since i asked her to look into the situation further- but will wait until 72 days are over as that's the "average" time for Chennai- though we have someone who has been waiting 74 days - :S Poor guy.

maroonedsoul wrote:

Hey JS26,

Hearty Congratulations! So glad you got it within 60 days.

I regret my decision to apply in Hyderabad as I could have easily done it in Pune!! Cannot trust the stats ever!!!

Well, when do you fly out?

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:37 am

zeezeezee wrote:Hi Maroonedsoul,

Did your mp get back to you at anything they may do to help ?

I'm thinking of seeing mine too- as no reply since i asked her to look into the situation further- but will wait until 72 days are over as that's the "average" time for Chennai- though we have someone who has been waiting 74 days - :S Poor guy.
Hey Zeezee,

Yeah, he went to the surgery last Friday, and we thought we will give her a couple of days. So, my husband said he will call her today to find out if she has done anything. If not, I am not going to leave it there.

I feel so frustrated that they think they can take as much time as they like while we wait for them to decide. If she is not any good, then I will have to write to Chris Bryant, and perhaps Pete Wishart (amazing pro-immigration guy from Scotland). It says any MP can help, even if you don't belong to their constituency as long as you asked your own MP first.

I think if we don't keep the pressure on UKBA, they are just going to keep extending the time. I called VFS today and they said, it is the same 71 days. I am on 54 days now.

Getting depressed here!!! How are you coping?

JS26

Post by JS26 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:39 am

Thanks All, for your wishes.

@Walimeer- I am flying on 26th July.