ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Co-habitation documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irfanb00

Co-habitation documents

Post by irfanb00 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:44 pm

I have been going through the topics related to Co-habitation documents. They are all different.

Can someone please verify my list of documents and advice if they are OK/enough to prove our co-habitation:

1. 2 years of Joint Bank account statements
2. 3 years of TV license (i.e. 2010, 2011, 2012) on my wife name at the same address. Note that this was done online and therefore an online copy.
3. 3 years of electoral registration confirmation from the local council.

We do not have any other utility bills as they are all part of the rental agreement. Also, she does not appear on the rental contract as well.

I did had one other idea - that I could get a letter from my landlord to confirm that we have lived together for more than 2 year at his property. Should I do that?

Thanks
Irfan

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi

Your documents checklist looks absolutely fine to me. Remember that there's no set requirement of documents for the co-hab.

So any document that has got your name and your wife name or your wife name under the same address will server as co-hab docs.

Hope this will answer your question.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Co-habitation documents

Post by sufferhead » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:53 pm

irfanb00 wrote:I have been going through the topics related to Co-habitation documents. They are all different.

Can someone please verify my list of documents and advice if they are OK/enough to prove our co-habitation:

2. 3 years of TV license (i.e. 2010, 2011, 2012) on my wife name at the same address. Note that this was done online and therefore an online copy.

We do not have any other utility bills as they are all part of the rental agreement. Also, she does not appear on the rental contract as well.

I did had one other idea - that I could get a letter from my landlord to confirm that we have lived together for more than 2 year at his property. Should I do that?

Thanks
Irfan

First if that are what you only have for the whole of 2 years I will advise you to make a postal application rather than PEO.
Although there is no set rules on cohabitation document but the document most spread through the whole of 2 years . It most be from 3 different source . For example the joint bank statement stand for you (1) and your spouse (1) that is one source . Tv licence on your spouse name (2) for her and (0) for you . Voters register card (3) for your spouse (2) for you , which means you still fall short on one on your name . However letter from your landlord stating both of you (named on it) have lived at the address maybe adequate . But note CW may not accept TV licence and Voters to be adequate because they have specific date on them. To need to be able to provide different document or letters or junk letters for each months of the 24 months on you and spouse names or individual name because the onus is on you to convince CW that you and your spouse have lived together for the last 2 years . Examples of letters are
1. NHS letters, GP letters, DWP letters or other Government Department Letter.
2.Junk Letters e.g virgin media, tesco club card letters. Necter card letters, T-mobile ,O2, Prudential Loan letters . Even letters from employer and friends or relatives.
Am may not be fully right about these but it was based on experience I had.
Good Luck.
nothing united in United Nation.

irfanb00

Re: Co-habitation documents

Post by irfanb00 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:36 pm

sufferhead wrote:
irfanb00 wrote:I have been going through the topics related to Co-habitation documents. They are all different.

Thanks
Irfan

First if that are what you only have for the whole of 2 years I will advise you to make a postal application rather than PEO.
Although there is no set rules on cohabitation document but the document most spread through the whole of 2 years . It most be from 3 different source . For example the joint bank statement stand for you (1) and your spouse (1) that is one source . Tv licence on your spouse name (2) for her and (0) for you . Voters register card (3) for your spouse (2) for you , which means you still fall short on one on your name . However letter from your landlord stating both of you (named on it) have lived at the address maybe adequate . But note CW may not accept TV licence and Voters to be adequate because they have specific date on them. To need to be able to provide different document or letters or junk letters for each months of the 24 months on you and spouse names or individual name because the onus is on you to convince CW that you and your spouse have lived together for the last 2 years . Examples of letters are
1. NHS letters, GP letters, DWP letters or other Government Department Letter.
2.Junk Letters e.g virgin media, tesco club card letters. Necter card letters, T-mobile ,O2, Prudential Loan letters . Even letters from employer and friends or relatives.
Am may not be fully right about these but it was based on experience I had.
Good Luck.
Thanks for your experience. I have very few options here with regards to co-habitation proof except for the ones listed above. I could find some other sources of letters but it wont go as far as 2 years. We do have NHS letters but they only go back as far as 1 year maximum.

I will try and get the landlords letter to prove from his end that we have lived together.