ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document verification for contractors attending Glasgow PEO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fmaher
Newly Registered

Document verification for contractors attending Glasgow PEO

Post by fmaher » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:55 pm

Gents, I have already booked an appoint for 16.Aug to submit my documents in person at Glasgow PEO but I've got bad feedbacks from others already applied from this center. This center are refusing applicants who are contractors and use divdend and salary as proof of earning. Due to lack of senior staffs in this office these kinds of application simply refused. I called to immigration office today and spoke with one of staffs there and he confirmed thAT and his advice was to post my document or book another appointment somewhere esle!

I'm in trouble now, because I need to attend in person to get my workpermit ASAP and get back home soon and nobody is responsible there to help me in this regard. Can you guys please share your experience with me if you had similar problem before?

Sezzoh
Newly Registered

Post by Sezzoh » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:40 am

I had a similar issue a year and half ago when I applied for my initial application.
my appointment was at liverpool peo and had done sole trading contract, had all the paperwork ready and the officer understood how contracting works but due to the newly implemented changes she had to get her manager's approval. he didn't understand the ins and outs so he nearly rejected it. she had to convince him to send it to the head office.
it was not pleasant at all.
you considered going via a solicitor?

fmaher
Newly Registered

Post by fmaher » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:44 pm

Sezzoh wrote:I had a similar issue a year and half ago when I applied for my initial application.
my appointment was at liverpool peo and had done sole trading contract, had all the paperwork ready and the officer understood how contracting works but due to the newly implemented changes she had to get her manager's approval. he didn't understand the ins and outs so he nearly rejected it. she had to convince him to send it to the head office.
it was not pleasant at all.
you considered going via a solicitor?
I just called last day to make sure if Glasgow PEO handle applications for contractor and they confirmed that they don't have facilities to verify documents! I need to post my documents instead of going in-person.

ankitv

Post by ankitv » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:50 pm

[/quote]I just called last day to make sure if Glasgow PEO handle applications for contractor and they confirmed that they don't have facilities to verify documents! I need to post my documents instead of going in-person.

Better to post them if you cant make it in person. The turn around time for postal applications is also not much.