ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income threshold and DLA when applying for FLR(M)/PEO Appt!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

heydo101
Newly Registered

Income threshold and DLA when applying for FLR(M)/PEO Appt!!

Post by heydo101 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:56 pm

My partner and I are due to be married in a month and we were told that as I am on DLA, the income threshold would be lower. Is this actually true?
After tax, he earns around 800 a month and is guaranteed his job, assuming he gets further leave to remain. His boss said even if we had to go to Oz for a while to apply, his job will remain. But that's nowhere near the £18,600.

Also, if we want to get a premium appointment at the PEO and it has to be 28 days before his current visa is up, can we only start looking from 28 days before? I tried to make an appointment today, and the lady on the phone said there were no appointments and that new ones are added every day, but right now it would only be until August 29th. His visa expires on the 3rd October. She didn't make it clear when it was advisable to start looking for an appointment, either online or on the phone.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:24 pm

The threshold doesn't apply if you're on DLA:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

See section 6.

Premium appointments are a bit of a bitch to get to be honest.

heydo101
Newly Registered

Post by heydo101 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:19 am

Thank you for the confirmation! Been trying to find something to that effect but that website is an absolute mess. Blimey, the only time I'm thankful for having a disability though!

I did read something about appointments being grabbed internally to sell to solicitors for hiked up fees. I'll have to have a look into that because that's just not on.

heydo101
Newly Registered

Post by heydo101 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:50 am

Just logged in to look at appointments and it seems that this time of night is the best time to look, there were 3 available for August 29, so that's given me hope of getting a premium appointment if I keep searching in the next week for the right day. Bit more hope there!