ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility question due to business trips to Ireland

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sman123
Newly Registered

ILR eligibility question due to business trips to Ireland

Post by sman123 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Hi,

I am due to apply for ILR this august based on work permit issued in 2007. The tricky part is that I have been on several short business trips to Republic of Ireland, which will be supported by my employer confirming reason for trips and dates. I do not have return stamps on my passport for these trips as Ireland is part of Common Travel Area, which i guess shouldn't be an issue if i produce tickets, employer letter etc.

On one such trip to Ireland where I stayed for 79 days on a multi entry business visa, I had to make 3 trips (day return) to Belfast for client meetings which splits my stay in ireland to 27, 33 and 17 days. Because i travelled to Belfast by train there are no stamps on my passport. My employer being aware of these trips will be able to confirm the dates.

My question is, when i first landed in Ireland I was given permission to stay for 3 months for this trip where as i stayed for 27 days after which I travelled to Belfast. Did my leave to remain permission in Ireland (3 Months) automatically lapse when I went to Belfast? If so being on multi entry business visa what was my new leave to remain when I travelled back to Ireland, as there was no immigration control on the train that I have been?

Will this cause any problem with my ILR application.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:37 pm

I am sure it wont cause any concern. when you come back from Ireland to UK, there will be no entry stamp in UK borders. so dont worry

wait for seniors to comment just to double confirm

Thanks,

sman123
Newly Registered

Post by sman123 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Thanks for the reply. I shall hopefully be fine with no entry dates, as I read in other posts as well. Will I be ok with multiple trips to Belfast from Ireland where my passport is not stamped either way aswell?

Does it cause an issue like you have to see an immigration officer while returing to Ireland, inspite of there being no immigration control and you having a multi entry visa? Am I worrying too much about this? Just want to make sure there are no nasty surprises when I turn up for ILR.