ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa application from India - 2011

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:11 pm

I typed out an essay but i'm not sure what happened and i now i have to start my message again patient and positive DUE TO MY HUSBAND lol He calms me down everyday and now its like i'm beyond the point of stressing out just relaxing.

Let me know how it goes- its hard for MPs as they can only enquire- those people sitting in the office can make up any excuse and they have to accept especially if its still within the 3-6 month period- i got such a lame excuse- i emailed back my mp and she hasn't replied to me-

Who is this famous Scotlander MP- maybe he can help me !

Sometimes pushing the UKBA means they get all annoyed and do may do funny things with your application, reject them purposely, remove a document like a bollywood villain- how do we trust them :(

maroonedsoul wrote:
zeezeezee wrote:Hi Maroonedsoul,

Did your mp get back to you at anything they may do to help ?

I'm thinking of seeing mine too- as no reply since i asked her to look into the situation further- but will wait until 72 days are over as that's the "average" time for Chennai- though we have someone who has been waiting 74 days - :S Poor guy.
Hey Zeezee,

Yeah, he went to the surgery last Friday, and we thought we will give her a couple of days. So, my husband said he will call her today to find out if she has done anything. If not, I am not going to leave it there.

I feel so frustrated that they think they can take as much time as they like while we wait for them to decide. If she is not any good, then I will have to write to Chris Bryant, and perhaps Pete Wishart (amazing pro-immigration guy from Scotland). It says any MP can help, even if you don't belong to their constituency as long as you asked your own MP first.

I think if we don't keep the pressure on UKBA, they are just going to keep extending the time. I called VFS today and they said, it is the same 71 days. I am on 54 days now.

Getting depressed here!!! How are you coping?

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean about the UKBA being evil if we cause too much pressure. It really puts us in a difficult position, doesn't it? That is why, I am going to mention that fact as well in my emails to other MP's.

The same here, my husband is generally a very calm person. Up until now, he was being very patient and helping me calm down. Lately, with so many rejections and delays, even he is feeling so annoyed. We are just waiting and praying that this terrible waiting will come to an end not just for us, but for all that are waiting.

I saw the Scottish MP (Perth) Pete Wishart in one of those cabinet meetings around immigration policies. He is the only one that made the most sense to me, and I absolutely love his passion. I will give my husband's MP one more chance, and in the mean time will be drafting an email to be sent out.

This forum is great to rant! haha.

All the best to us!
27-04-2012: Submitted application @ VFS Hyderabad
02-05-2012: Application under process at BHC
30-07-2012: Processed application delivered to Blue Dart
31-07-2012: VISA Granted

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:39 pm

One more chance before you ditch him and move on to people who care :D

Show me your draft so i can copy and paste LOL . I think meeting my mp at her surgery may help but feel its too early for this week, as she only enquired last week.

maroonedsoul wrote:Yeah, I know what you mean about the UKBA being evil if we cause too much pressure. It really puts us in a difficult position, doesn't it? That is why, I am going to mention that fact as well in my emails to other MP's.

The same here, my husband is generally a very calm person. Up until now, he was being very patient and helping me calm down. Lately, with so many rejections and delays, even he is feeling so annoyed. We are just waiting and praying that this terrible waiting will come to an end not just for us, but for all that are waiting.

I saw the Scottish MP (Perth) Pete Wishart in one of those cabinet meetings around immigration policies. He is the only one that made the most sense to me, and I absolutely love his passion. I will give my husband's MP one more chance, and in the mean time will be drafting an email to be sent out.

This forum is great to rant! haha.

All the best to us!
:D

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:52 pm

zeezeezee wrote:One more chance before you ditch him and move on to people who care :D

Show me your draft so i can copy and paste LOL . I think meeting my mp at her surgery may help but feel its too early for this week, as she only enquired last week.
Yes. Of course. Send me your email id as a PM. I will probably write it today and tomorrow. So, I can send it to you in a couple of days.

Personally, I would encourage you to see your MP in person as most MP's like to put a face to the name and are more encouraged by the visit to do something for you. Especially so, if you have emailed and havent got a response back. I think we just need to make sure that we target the UKBA as the problem and not the lack of communication from MP's office. :P

wAliMeer

Post by wAliMeer » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:27 pm

JS26 wrote:Thanks All, for your wishes.

@Walimeer- I am flying on 26th July.
Congratulations.!!
Very happy for you. Have a great life ahead. Pray for the rest of us waiting.
12/04/12 : Application submitted at VFS Hyderabad.
16/04/12 : Application under process at BHC.
18/07/12 : Processed Application couriered via Bluedart.
19/07/12 : Visa Granted.

sKAUR

Re: dis heartened soul

Post by sKAUR » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:08 pm

@ neeraj verma

i hope god grants you a visa as everybodys case is different. i hope the ecm reconsider my application and end this horrible nightmare im currently going through. i hope everybody who is awaiting there visa is granted it soon as i wish nobody else has togo through this disappointment and wait again
applied:vfs new dehli 01/05/12
application under process at bhc dehli 01/02/12
visa refused 13/07/2012
appeal lodged 17/07/2012
ecm to respond by the 09/01/2013
Visa refusal decision upheld by ecm
Appeal hearing 03/04/2013
Visa stamped on 20th may 2013

BALAJI_UK

Post by BALAJI_UK » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:11 pm

Congratulations, JS26..

Great news to hear that you got it well within 60 days time period...Have a great life and enjoy the rainy UK :)
Applied: VFS Chennai - 22/08/12
Visa Refused - 14/11/2012
Refusal reason - Not provided P60 or copy of employment contract as evidence of your sponsor's gross income from their employment/income sources.

nad

Letter from MP..

Post by nad » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi Guys,

My wife submitted the settlement application on 10th May from Hyderabad, India, We haven't heard anything yet, it's over 2 months
Can we send an email to the counsulate and find out what's happening, has anyone got there email address,
If get a letter from my local MP in UK do you think what will speed up the process,
any comments much appreciated,
Thanks in advance.

neerajverma

Re: dis heartened soul

Post by neerajverma » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:08 am

sKAUR wrote:@ neeraj verma

i hope god grants you a visa as everybodys case is different. i hope the ecm reconsider my application and end this horrible nightmare im currently going through. i hope everybody who is awaiting there visa is granted it soon as i wish nobody else has togo through this disappointment and wait again
@skaur,

Thanks a lot. Wish you the same.

Fingers crossed :)

Warm Regards,

--------------------------------------------
Applied @VFS Jalandhar-8 May 2012
Forwarded to BHC - 9 May 2012
50 working days ...

wAliMeer

Application Couriered

Post by wAliMeer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:11 am

Hello everyone.!

My status changed to "Processed application couriered via Bluedart" this morning. Fingers Crossed!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

wAliMeer

Re: Letter from MP..

Post by wAliMeer » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:17 am

nad wrote:Hi Guys,

My wife submitted the settlement application on 10th May from Hyderabad, India, We haven't heard anything yet, it's over 2 months
Can we send an email to the counsulate and find out what's happening, has anyone got there email address,
If get a letter from my local MP in UK do you think what will speed up the process,
Thanks in advance.
Hi Nad,
As you might already know being on this forum that the wait is a bit longer at the moment. You can contact VFS south on this email address: Infouk.southin@vfshelpline.com. The first point of contact is VFS for any application query and then you can contact the BHC if needed on chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk.
The only answer you are going to get back from them is "95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks and 100 per cent within 24 weeks of the application date". All the best.

neerajverma

Re: Application Couriered

Post by neerajverma » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:21 am

wAliMeer wrote:Hello everyone.!

My status changed to "Processed application couriered via Bluedart" this morning. Fingers Crossed!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
@Walimeer,

Congrats mate.. ! Eager to hear good news from you. Finally after a long wait :D

Best wishes to you..

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:59 am

wAliMeer wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Oh Walimeer!!!!! I am so so happy to hear that the status changed!! :):) That means I can expect to get mine in about two weeks!!!

FIngers crossed!!! Update us as soon as you get it! :):)

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:31 am

Regards
Brilliant news.... Everything is crossed for you and no doubt it is good news..... Keep us posted...!
06/03/2012 - Submitted @ AHM (INDIA)
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
11/03/2012 - Under Process at BHC
13/06/2012 - VISA GRANTED!!!!!
2 Years on.....
02/09/2014 - Application SET (M) ILR sent (Postal)
09/09/2014 - Cheque presented to my bank

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:52 am

Congrats ;)

Regards

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:33 am

Maroonedsoul,

Hopefully I won't need that mp letter :D and neither wiil you.

maroonedsoul wrote:
wAliMeer wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Oh Walimeer!!!!! I am so so happy to hear that the status changed!! :):) That means I can expect to get mine in about two weeks!!!

FIngers crossed!!! Update us as soon as you get it! :):)

sk2912

Post by sk2912 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:46 am

Congrats Walimeer...

maroonedsoul

Post by maroonedsoul » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:11 am

zeezeezee wrote:Maroonedsoul,

maroonedsoul wrote:
Haha. I hope so. I hope they keep it up and not delay it any more. Cant wait until he can update us with the decision.

You must be anxious!!

zeezeezee

Post by zeezeezee » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:14 am

Nervous like waiting for an exam result :|
maroonedsoul wrote:
zeezeezee wrote:Maroonedsoul,

maroonedsoul wrote:
Haha. I hope so. I hope they keep it up and not delay it any more. Cant wait until he can update us with the decision.

You must be anxious!!

RMK143
Newly Registered

Post by RMK143 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:11 pm

Hello everyone !

My application status changed to "Processed application delivered to Blue Dart on 18/07/2012 AWB NO." as well. Fingers crossed !

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:38 pm

RMK143 wrote:Hello everyone !

My application status changed to "Processed application delivered to Blue Dart on 18/07/2012 AWB NO." as well. Fingers crossed !

@RMK143,

Many congrats.. We have applied app same time @ VFS Jalandhar. Fingers crossed for you. Hoping to get update soon.

We are waiting for good news from you.. :D

Best wishes and regards,

Applied @ VFS Jalandhar-8 May 2012
Fwd to BHC- 9 May 2012
50 working days today...... Waiting

d4rmsc
Newly Registered

mumbai south

Post by d4rmsc » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Anybody applied from Mumbai South got any updates recently??

I am my 53rd working day, 12th week but still showing as visa under process!! Getting sick and tired of the tension now, just want my wife to get her visa and be with me!!

Applied 1st May 2012 - Mumbai South

nitas
Newly Registered

Re: mumbai south

Post by nitas » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:24 pm

My husband has applied from Mumbai North on 14th May. And it is 46 working days till date.

d4rmsc wrote:Anybody applied from Mumbai South got any updates recently??

I am my 53rd working day, 12th week but still showing as visa under process!! Getting sick and tired of the tension now, just want my wife to get her visa and be with me!!

Applied 1st May 2012 - Mumbai South

goto_venkat
India

Post by goto_venkat » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi wAliMeer,

Very happy to hear a news from u :) . Wish u all the luck to hear good news, all this waiting will never fail.

Regards

neerajverma

Post by neerajverma » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Hello everyone,

My status is changed to ?

Your Application is being sent to the application center. Please wait until it is ready for collection...

Fingers crossed.. Please pray guys..

Regards,

Applied on 8 may @ VFS Jalandhar
Fwd to BHC 9 may
Status changed today 18 July 2012