ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit then Tier 1 General ILR Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

failsafe
Newly Registered

Work permit then Tier 1 General ILR Help

Post by failsafe » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi All,
This is my first post so go easy please...

I want apply for ILR based on 5 year continued employment.

Out of those 5 years my first year was on work permit and the others are on Tier 1 general.

What should I tick on SET(O) form? I dont see a category for my scenario?

Also, I think I would need to complete section 9 as I am currently on Tier 1 PBS...how do I tell the case worker that my first year was on work permit hence I am applying now rather than applying next year via Tier 1 route.

Please help.

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:44 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Work permit then Tier 1 General ILR Help

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:52 pm

failsafe wrote:What should I tick on SET(O) form?
It's your current immigration status, in your case this would be Tier 1 General.
failsafe wrote: how do I tell the case worker that my first year was on work permit.
Providing the evidence requested below in the SET(O) application form, will address your second question above...

Page 42: For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

failsafe
Newly Registered

Re: Work permit then Tier 1 General ILR Help

Post by failsafe » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:35 am

Page 42: For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.[/quote]

Thank you for such a prompt reply.

Would an HMRC letter confirming my 5 year employment be a sufficient proof? or do I need to provide something else as well.

Not sure If I have all the payslips from last five years, also I am missing a P60.

Thank you again.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:29 am

Hi

To be honest with you, you dont really need 5 years worth of Payslips and bank statements that'll just become hell of a loads of papers 60 payslips and then God Knows if your bank statements are like mine every month 4 to 5 pages then you better do that maths. If you've got an odd one P60 missing it shouldn't be a problem in my eyes I would recommend you to apply for HMRC 5 years employment history that would be suffice.

One biggest advice just try to get over your state of panic and fear and try to be confident on your self, if I was you I would have said to the CW sorry I just have got this P60 missing that's all it is and I've got the HMRC 5 years employment history to cover that and to show that I was economically active during the last 5 years of my stay as a combination of Tier 1 G and WP. The CW is not going to procecute for that.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

send2archan

Post by send2archan » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi Smam,

That was avery nice reply, really helped me a lot.

I am on a similar situation (combination of Tier 1 and Work Permit). I will also apply for my wife but since we are very newly married (Feb 2012) she cannot be under ILR. For her I need to apply with the FLR (M). She is currently in the UK under Tier 1 General Dependant (since I am on a Tier 1 General). What documents do I need to provide for my wife?

Regards, Archan

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:41 pm

Read the FLR(M) form. It explains the documentary evidences required. Please post any further FLR(M) queries in this forum.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

failsafe
Newly Registered

Post by failsafe » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:27 pm

Thank you Smam, great reply, I like your part about confidence. In my previous experiences this is really all you need.

Anyway, I think I am going to be applying by post and explain my circumstances via cover letter.

Will bother you again if I come across any other issues whilst filling the form.

Could not thank you enough.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi Failsafe,

You're more than welcome my pleasure always happy to help. But a biggest piece of advice please please dont post your application mate honestly this is some thing a person like me Thank God who has got bags and bags of confidence can't really bare at all just that waiting time kills you from inside I would highgly recommend you that just spend a few more bits and bobs and try to get it out of the way in the PEO appointment as I can't really bare the stress of my documents being in the hands of kids in my eyes I think UKBA dept is worst than a kid probably kids are a bit more responsible in handling documents and 99% of my friends who havee ever posted their application have got one or 2 bad experiences from the UKBA which is pretty much understandable by all means. Please treat my words as a well wishers advice nothing concrete an advice is like a food in the plate eat as much you like and just leave the bits when you feel you're full.

Good luck for your ILR.

failsafe
Newly Registered

Post by failsafe » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi,

Sorry to trouble you again. May be I should create a separate thread for this?

I am a little worried about the cohabitation requirement.

We don't have a common account and my wife only have home electricity on her name, would the following three docs be suffice?
1- Home office letter in her name that came with the Biometric residence permit

2- Electricity bill in her name

3- Driving license

We do have council tax in common but for that she has used her married name rather than the name on the passport...

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Regards,
Failsafe

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:38 am

failsafe wrote:Hi,

Sorry to trouble you again. May be I should create a separate thread for this?

I am a little worried about the cohabitation requirement.

We don't have a common account and my wife only have home electricity on her name, would the following three docs be suffice?
1- Home office letter in her name that came with the Biometric residence permit

2- Electricity bill in her name

3- Driving license

We do have council tax in common but for that she has used her married name rather than the name on the passport...

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Regards,
Failsafe
Hi

Well to the best of my knowledge your Co-hab docs checklist looks fine to me and I think you'll definitely be fine with that Co-hab docs checklist for your wife.

One thing I would like to tell you that there's no set requirements from the UKBA for Co-hab docs for any dependants so I think you shouldn't be getting worried for Joint bank account for your and for your wife.

Yes, the CW might ask you for random months like for eg Electricity bill for the year 2010 or 2011 any month as you've said that the Electricity bill is under your wife name. I am just sharing my knowledge with you what I've come accross on this forum after reading other peoples experience reg co-hab docs for dependants applications. To the best of my knowledge the whole purposes of this Co-hab docs is to reassure the UKBA that you and your wife shares the same property that's all it is so taking this point in my mind I think you should be fine mate.

Just once again try to fight your corner always and you can only do that once you're extremely confident on your self. Just tell the CW politely if the CW ask about it that well these are the best Co-hab docs we've selected for the application process and I think they're well n truely enough to prove that I and my wife are sharing the same property.

Hope this will answer your question.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

failsafe
Newly Registered

Post by failsafe » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Smam wrote: Hi

Well to the best of my knowledge your Co-hab docs checklist looks fine to me and I think you'll definitely be fine with that Co-hab docs checklist for your wife.

One thing I would like to tell you that there's no set requirements from the UKBA for Co-hab docs for any dependants so I think you shouldn't be getting worried for Joint bank account for your and for your wife.

Yes, the CW might ask you for random months like for eg Electricity bill for the year 2010 or 2011 any month as you've said that the Electricity bill is under your wife name. I am just sharing my knowledge with you what I've come accross on this forum after reading other peoples experience reg co-hab docs for dependants applications. To the best of my knowledge the whole purposes of this Co-hab docs is to reassure the UKBA that you and your wife shares the same property that's all it is so taking this point in my mind I think you should be fine mate.

Just once again try to fight your corner always and you can only do that once you're extremely confident on your self. Just tell the CW politely if the CW ask about it that well these are the best Co-hab docs we've selected for the application process and I think they're well n truely enough to prove that I and my wife are sharing the same property.

Hope this will answer your question.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.
Thank you for a prompt reply once again...
Part about random concerns me a little. Does that mean I have to have every single bill since 2010 with me to satisfy 2year co-habitation requirement...
I was thinking of taking only three documents with me..not all 24 bills..May be I understood your reply wrong. You meant something else.

Thanks, as per your advise I am trying to book PEO appointment. Could not get any so far. New rules coming into effect from July should not affect me should they?

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:27 am

Hi Mate

I never ever said that in my reply that you've to carry 24 months bill as a proof of Co-hab docs along with you I totally agree with you with your 3 documents that's all it is I really agree with you with your choice of Co-hab docs.

Well I dont know much about the new rules come in to being in this July 2012 so I am sorry can't really say much about this.

I would like to advice you that try to get your PEO appointment booked for Solihull or any other PEO apart from Croydon its just an advice nothing concrete about it.

Good luck for your ILR.

failsafe
Newly Registered

Post by failsafe » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:42 am

Hi Mate,
Finally got an appointment, though it is for Croydon.

I will definitely share my experience here once I am through.

Anyway, one more thing I found out after reading this forum was that I don't have to apply ILR for my child born here in the UK.

Baby would get the nationality straight away once we have our ILR.

If this is correct it would save me some money on the visa fees.

Let me know if you know anything about it. I will also confirm it with a lawyer.

Cheers.

failsafe
Newly Registered

Post by failsafe » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:23 pm

Smam wrote:Hi Mate

I never ever said that in my reply that you've to carry 24 months bill as a proof of Co-hab docs along with you I totally agree with you with your 3 documents that's all it is I really agree with you with your choice of Co-hab docs.

Well I dont know much about the new rules come in to being in this July 2012 so I am sorry can't really say much about this.

I would like to advice you that try to get your PEO appointment booked for Solihull or any other PEO apart from Croydon its just an advice nothing concrete about it.

Good luck for your ILR.
Hi Smam,
By the grace of God, I got the ILR for my partner and my self.

My experience generally have been positive, I had a 9:50 appointment but I got there by 8, as a result I was free by 10:15.
I would advise anyone going to Croydon to get there early morning. Otherwise they are too busy.

The case worker I got was very poker faced, little smile from her would have eased my nerves but never mind all this because she understood my case and eventually approved my application.

Also please please get you co-hab documents in place, this was my weakest point and got questioned a lot. My company did not update the address and as a result my P60s address was different to that of my bank statements. We did not have a joint account aswell and that created problems of its own. So all in all please have a joint account, have a common tenancy agreement and have you p60s in one place.

It will help if you write the number of days absent from the UK on the form too. Current form only has space for the dates.

Do create a separate earnings sheet if you are showing income from multiple sources.

And finally...Good luck to you all.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:07 am

Hi Failsafe

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

I am Not being over confindent at all neither I was trying to undermine your judgement its all natural mate but its just that I always try to bring the facts to light no matter what's the price I've to pay for that,but on a factual side If I was you being very respectfully would have said to the CW that sorry but there's no set requirements of documents for co-hab purposes mentioned any where at all what so ever and what ever documents I've got they are all due to my personal efforts that first I've to figure it out that what documents are required and then start collecting them one by one and then finally when I made an effort Im being getting told off that my effort is pretty use less. So I should have said that then UKBA has to make life a bit easier but just providing a list of co-hab docs required.

I am not really surprised after reading your post regarding your PEO experience at Croydon mate that's exactly what was expected any ways in the first place.

Please do kindly keep us posted on the forum once you'll receive your BRP Cards.

Good luck for the future.

vik30

Post by vik30 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:12 am

Congratulations 'Failsafe'

My case is similar to yours and one thing i would like to know is whether you provided any SOC code letter for the time period that you had spent on Work Permit.

I came to UK on student visa and then got a work permit here in Nov 2007..then switched to Tier 1 general in May 2010 currenlty holding Tier 1 general (recently extended) . I am not sure if i need to provide any letter in regards to the SOC code from my first employer (the one who got me the work permit).

Please suggest if you did so? or Did the CW mention anything like it?

Thanks
Vik

failsafe
Newly Registered

Post by failsafe » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:43 pm

@Samam, thank you. And agree with you that I could have handled it differently however there wasnt a need and I didnt want to take a conflicting route with case worker. Fortunately for me she understood the documents without me using the rule book card.

@vik30, I don't think you need soc code letter, I certainly did not attach one.
They do ask for your P60s. I also had a letter from HM Revenue covering my 5 year period. You can get this by calling them up. Try calling them on Sat morning, its quicker. It normally takes two weeks for the letter to arrive.
Hope it helps. All the best mate.