ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependant Queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

ILR Dependant Queries

Post by khurramalvi » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:31 am

Hi,

I would like to thank community members for their regular contribution and making life easier for everybody who is seeking to sort out their visa issues. I have few queries regarding ILR dependant application and appreciate responses. I have Tier 1 General.

Q1. Does dependant has restriction on staying out of country for certain period like Tier 1? For e.g.
Maximum allowable days out of UK are total 180 days over 5 years and not more than 90 days in a single trip.

My dependant does not qualify for ILR at the same time as me or is not applying at the same time as I for some reason. What application should my dependant make to extend stay in UK and apply for settlement later?

Q2. Does my dependant need to go out of country? I am a bit confused on the answer mentioned here.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

To complete 2 years as dependant my wife need 4 more months to be eligible for ILR.

Looking for advice.

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Looking forward for an advice

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:48 pm

Here is what I understand your situation:

- You are on Teir 1 - You are about to apply for ILR
- Your wife is on a dependent VISA

Okay, you need to do the following:

- Apply for your ILR
- At the same time apply for FLR for your wife
- Once your wife have done 2 years in total in the UK with you (Dependent VISA + FLR time), you can apply for her ILR

Hope this helps.

Although I do not have an answer for another question rising from this:

Does your wife come under the 5 year rule or 2 year. My understanding says 2 years but I leave it to more senior member of the forum to correct me.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am

You got it mate. Can we both apply at the same time? What I understand by reading ILR faqs, my wife have to apply after my visa is renewed.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:25 am

I am not sure about the specifics on how you are suppose to apply.

However your wife will need to apply for FLR first before applying for an ILR. It is one of the money making games the immigration has going since a long time...
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:21 pm

I know that my wife need to apply for FLR before ILR. Can she apply FLR with my ILR application? I believe, I should apply a day visa and then my wife can straight away apply for FLR.

BALAJI_UK

Post by BALAJI_UK » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Yes, I've been in the same scenario and the home office advice me to apply FLR(M) for my wife once I get the ILR. Followed the process and got my ILR and wife got her FLR(M) as well.
Applied: VFS Chennai - 22/08/12
Visa Refused - 14/11/2012
Refusal reason - Not provided P60 or copy of employment contract as evidence of your sponsor's gross income from their employment/income sources.

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:33 am

Great, thanks for the advice everybody.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:20 am

I would advice you to Please try and ensure not exceeding 90 days absence out of country in one go and not exceed the maximum days since this will be also accounted for your Citizenship