ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cos Issue query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sha23

Cos Issue query

Post by sha23 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi All,

My em,ployer got tier-2 ict sponsorship approval on june14th. they are now applying for my cos. They say they got confirmation of a certificate number, but post that also got a mail from ukba saying sponsorship limit has been reached.

can someone explain what it is? my sponsor is also clueless on what it is.

Ideally they only want to take me on their rolls on an ICT, which i believe they asked for only 1 unrestrcited cos. So is the message because of this? since post applying for me, they have exhausted their quota.

please reply since its urgent.

pclk
Newly Registered

re

Post by pclk » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi,

Could please tell me when did your employer for sponsorship licence because my company has applied it on 8th of June and we havent heard anything from them yet. I was wondering how long did it take to get it? because my Tier 1 PSW expires in AUG 2012

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Cos Issue query

Post by manci » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:24 pm

sha23 wrote:My employer got tier-2 ict sponsorship approval on june14th. they are now applying for my cos. They say they got confirmation of a certificate number, but post that also got a mail from ukba saying sponsorship limit has been reached.

can someone explain what it is? my sponsor is also clueless on what it is.

Ideally they only want to take me on their rolls on an ICT, which i believe they asked for only 1 unrestrcited cos. So is the message because of this? since post applying for me, they have exhausted their quota..
When your employer applied for a T2 ICT sponsor licence they would have stated how many CoSs they wished to allocate in the current year. Assuming your sponsor was given an "A" rating UKBA may have given them the number requested or less but a minimum of 1. An increase in the allocation for the current year can be requested online through the sponsor management system.

sha23

Re: re

Post by sha23 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:19 am

pclk wrote:Hi,

Could please tell me when did your employer for sponsorship licence because my company has applied it on 8th of June and we havent heard anything from them yet. I was wondering how long did it take to get it? because my Tier 1 PSW expires in AUG 2012

Thanks
My employer had applied between Feb20-22nd and it took 15 weeks. Approval came on June14th. So thats the time i waited.

@manci:- Thanks a lot for your speedy revert. Appreciate it. Once again thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:26 am

sha23 wrote:My employer has issued me a Cos, but has wrongly punched in the Gross Salary.

I read the rules, but this is not stated as a major error for issues of a new cos. (Mine is an unrestricted Cos and sponsor had only one which is now assigned to me).

I assume hence its fine to punch in the Sponsor notes and issue a separate letter that this was a typo error. Hope the same is fine. Please confirm if this is the process. I spoke to an Immigration attorney in India and she to kind of agreed to this.
If the incorrect salary figure would change the consideration of your visa application, i.e. if it is lower than the minimum prescribed by the rules, then unfortunately the amendment cannot be made via a sponsor note. See the rule about sponsor notes here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

However, if the salary put in the CoS is higher than the minimum prescribed by the rules then amendment by a sponsor note would be possible.

sha23

Post by sha23 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:32 am

manci wrote:
sha23 wrote:My employer has issued me a Cos, but has wrongly punched in the Gross Salary.

I read the rules, but this is not stated as a major error for issues of a new cos. (Mine is an unrestricted Cos and sponsor had only one which is now assigned to me).

I assume hence its fine to punch in the Sponsor notes and issue a separate letter that this was a typo error. Hope the same is fine. Please confirm if this is the process. I spoke to an Immigration attorney in India and she to kind of agreed to this.
If the incorrect salary figure would change the consideration of your visa application, i.e. if it is lower than the minimum prescribed by the rules, then unfortunately the amendment cannot be made via a sponsor note. See the rule about sponsor notes here:

However, if the salary put in the CoS is higher than the minimum prescribed by the rules then amendment by a sponsor note would be possible.
thanks. But the site content has two view on it so please advice on the same. I am asking since gettting a new unrestricted cos can push back my process by minimum 12 weeks basis current situations... please look at the site content below, that i am mentioning:-

You must make sure that the migrant's details are right when you create a certificate of sponsorship.

You can use the 'sponsor note' field to amend minor errors identified after the certificate of sponsorship has been created. Examples of acceptable amendments are corrections to a mistyped name or date of birth.

If the main details are wrong, you must cancel the certificate and assign a new one, if needed, to ensure that the details are the same as the one in the migrant's application. You must do this if, for example:
the SOC code or tier/category is incorrect; or
more than one of the migrant's identifiable details need to be changed - such as a full change to the date of birth and nationality, or to the surname and date of birth.

If you assign a new certificate of sponsorship, you will need to pay the relevant fee for assigning a certificate of sponsorship.

Please note that the 'sponsor note' field can only be used to notify changes on a live certificate of sponsorship.

yanyixi0706
Newly Registered

Post by yanyixi0706 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:17 am

my company has applied it on 8th of June and we havent heard anything from them yet. I was wondering how long did it take to get it?Image

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:22 am

sha23 wrote:
manci wrote:

If the incorrect salary figure would change the consideration of your visa application, i.e. if it is lower than the minimum prescribed by the rules, then unfortunately the amendment cannot be made via a sponsor note. See the rule about sponsor notes herequote]

sha23

Post by sha23 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:34 am

yanyixi0706 wrote:my company has applied it on 8th of June and we havent heard anything from them yet. I was wondering how long did it take to get it?Image
my companys sponsor application took 15 weeks to be approved. this came with an unrestricted cos.

sha23

Post by sha23 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:37 am

manci wrote:
sha23 wrote:
manci wrote:

If the incorrect salary figure would change the consideration of your visa application, i.e. if it is lower than the minimum prescribed by the rules, then unfortunately the amendment cannot be made via a sponsor note. See the rule about sponsor notes herequote]
ok. should we still try using the sponsor notes and then both companies stating by separate letters on it. They actually have typed the allowances right but have keyed in the gross wrongly.. i have waited 15 weeks plus 4 weeks for this cos and not this has this problem. What would you advice, since any new cos takes 12 weeks minimum na again...an mine is an ICT case, and is not in the restrcited category hence. sorry in advance if i am stretching the question far for you, but hope u understand my situation.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:22 pm

sha23 wrote:
manci wrote:

You never said whether the incorrect salary stated in your CoS was higher or lower than the minimum prescribed.

sha23

Post by sha23 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:24 pm

manci wrote:
sha23 wrote:
manci wrote:

You never said whether the incorrect salary stated in your CoS was higher or lower than the minimum prescribed.
The allowances have not been included inside the Gross in my case and hence its lower than the threshold of 40,000 GBP for ict long term by 1500 pounds. So one row i wrongly typed. Please suggest. Can affidavits from both companies in ICT help for this apart from Sponsor notes? Human errors can happen. Rest all is fine..