ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retired non EU parents of Irish citizen looking 4 residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSE

Retired non EU parents of Irish citizen looking 4 residency

Post by HSE » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:45 pm

Dear All,

I am looking for advice plus prospect that if I will be earning good amount of money and then would like to sponsor my non eu parents who are both above 65 years now for residency, what is the procedure for it .

Many thanks.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: Retired non EU parents of Irish citizen looking 4 reside

Post by walrusgumble » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:44 am

HSE wrote:Dear All,

I am looking for advice plus prospect that if I will be earning good amount of money and then would like to sponsor my non eu parents who are both above 65 years now for residency, what is the procedure for it .

Many thanks.
If you are an Irish Citizen (and Irish Citizen only) it is Irish law that you will rely upon, as oppose to EU law, the matter is discretionary. However, provide evidence that the parents are dependent, you can support them, you have a good basis for an application. It all depends on the facts of the case. A recent High Court case might make it difficult for the Minister to justify refusal of such an application

Procedure? A general letter / application to INIS would suffice, with supporting documents

I

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:34 am

walrusgumble wrote:
HSE wrote:Dear All,

Many thanks.
If you are an Irish Citizen (and Irish Citizen only) it is Irish law that you will rely upon, as oppose to EU law, the matter is discretionary. However, provide evidence that the parents are dependent, you can support them, you have a good basis for an application. It all depends on the facts of the case. A recent High Court case might make it difficult for the Minister to justify refusal of such an application

Procedure? A general letter / application to INIS would suffice, with supporting documents

I
Hi HSE did you applied for it??? any results??

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:22 pm

Hey HSE any updates????

HSE

Post by HSE » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:52 pm

hi, no I have not applied for them so far. I am still collecting information in order to how to proceed in this complex thing. There is no proper legislation in this matter here unfortunately.

I probably will go to some immigration lawyers before I will apply anything official.

HSE

Post by HSE » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:54 pm

[quote="walrusgumble"][quote="HSE"]Dear All,

Many thanks.[/quote]

What you mean by ONLY Irish citizen. I am Irish via naturalisation and have withdrawn my previous country and citizenship as I am not allowed to keep dual nationality plus you loose rights if you keep two nationalities. SO in that manner yes I am only Irish now on papers at least.

I[/quote]