ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:21 am

there was almost 3 week time .

hope2013
Newly Registered

Post by hope2013 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi everyone, I recently applied for naturalisation. Got acknowledgement that my application is now under process and will be completed within 6 months.Did anyone get the same letter.

coolest
Newly Registered

Post by coolest » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:12 pm

@hope2013: Your acknowledgement letter sounds very encouraging..Good luck !

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:28 pm

IQU wrote:you guys will hear good news soon .
Quote= IQU

will this news have some news for EU spouses also who been waiting 2-3 years

Abu Banat
Newly Registered

Post by Abu Banat » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:18 am

hope2013 wrote:Hi everyone, I recently applied for naturalisation. Got acknowledgement that my application is now under process and will be completed within 6 months.Did anyone get the same letter.
Yes,Me

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:14 am

Abu Banat wrote:
hope2013 wrote:Hi everyone, I recently applied for naturalisation. Got acknowledgement that my application is now under process and will be completed within 6 months.Did anyone get the same letter.
Yes,Me
Hi Guys How much time it took to get your acknowledgement??? Kindly share please

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:31 am

samchoopra wrote:
Quote= IQU

I don't think so, I called helpline yesterday for my wife 10/2010 application and I was told there are still waiting Garda report and it was the same status since I started calling them from 10/2011 every month
Once I was told they received all the 2010 Garda reports another time my wife was told congratulation but your number is high to be invited to April 2012 ceremony few weeks later she was told that there was no progress in her application and she will be lucky if she receive her citizenship in one year

eskaybee
Newly Registered

Applied in Dec 2011

Post by eskaybee » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi friends,
Thanks a mill to all the contributors and its wonderful!
I have applied (5 yrs completion, stamp4) on 22nd December 2011, so its as good as January 2012. So, is there any hope that the decision may be received before end of this year?
Please advise...

seraph

Post by seraph » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:55 pm

If your application is a 'standard case' I think you will be called for October 2012 ceremony. So you'll get invitation during September.

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:27 pm

[quote="seraph"]If your application is a 'standard case' I think you will be called for October 2012 ceremony. So you'll get invitation during September.[/quote]

Hi All, you are a great bunch of people and I appreciate your information sharing.

I am in Ireland since 2002 and on work visa since 2004. I was married to an Irish citizen in 2010 and my visa was transferred to spouse visa.

I applied for my citizenship in December 2011 on behalf of 5 years work visa but I did send them information of my marriage as well.

Do you think my application would be treated as working visa or as spouse of Irish citizen? Also do you think I would get my invitation this year.

I appreciate your help. I would be sharing information with you all as a lot of my friends got their passports.
Last edited by blessed_sinner on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eskaybee
Newly Registered

Post by eskaybee » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:28 pm

@seraph: thanks, nice to hear that!

eskaybee
Newly Registered

Post by eskaybee » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:40 pm

Folks
FYI...
Here is Minister's recent statement. Please review and advise whats your openion on this. My application is Jan12 and hope will be cleared before Dec12. Pls advise..

http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... -19.1805.0

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:36 pm

eskaybee wrote:Folks
FYI...
Here is Minister's recent statement. Please review and advise whats your openion on this. My application is Jan12 and hope will be cleared before Dec12. Pls advise..

WOW :shock: looking at this they must be having only 3400 cases left with them + new cases every day any way.

56000-42400=13600;;; 13600+7800=21400 ;;;;
21400-18000(currently at decison state.)= 3400 left cases
correct me guys if i am wrong???? :?: :?: :?:

eskaybee
Newly Registered

Post by eskaybee » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:02 pm

sun_in_rome wrote:
eskaybee wrote:Folks
FYI...

WOW :shock: looking at this they must be having only 3400 cases left with them + new cases every day any way.

56000-42400=13600;;; 13600+7800=21400 ;;;;
21400-18000(currently at decison state.)= 3400 left cases
correct me guys if i am wrong???? :?: :?: :?:
My understandong is 18000 ' in the process TO DECISION' stage means, not reached the decision level but in the process. This could include all Valid and qualified applications in different stages of the process. But its only my openion - not sure though!

seraph

Post by seraph » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Today one of my friend got confirmation for citizenship application from INIS. In that letter it is clearly mentioned his decision will be taken within 6 months. That means all standard cases applications of 2011 & 2012 (up to June) will be cleared during Oct & Dec citizenship ceremonies. (4000 + 3000 = 7000) will get citizenship during Oct & Dec ceremonies.

Best of luck everybody who are anxiously waiting for and God bless you all.

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:19 pm

seraph wrote:Today one of my friend got confirmation for citizenship application from INIS. In that letter it is clearly mentioned his decision will be taken within 6 months. That means all standard cases applications of 2011 & 2012 (up to June) will be cleared during Oct & Dec citizenship ceremonies. (4000 + 3000 = 7000) will get citizenship during Oct & Dec ceremonies.

Best of luck everybody who are anxiously waiting for and God bless you all.
Hey that is great news :D , if you kindly share how long it took for your friend to get this acknowledgement?

Vinnyb
Newly Registered

Post by Vinnyb » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Hey all.
I too got my approval in the current batch with ceremony on 30th. But I am freaking out.

When I went to the post office to get the money order, the clerk filled it out and he wrote on the PAY section just 'Secretary General.' I told him that it should be 'Secretary General, Department of Justice and Equality,' but he said that it wouldn't fit and that they did loads of these all the time and that it would be no problem and that they hadn't had any returned or complaints so far.

I was uneasy about it it but there was a long queue behind me and I went along with it. Now I am panicking that the Citizenship department will not accept the money order and I won't get my certificate at the ceremony.

Has anyone any advice? Or similar experience in terms of what they wrote on the postal money order?

My relatives say it should be fine that lots of people probably do the same thing.

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:46 pm

ks2010 wrote:
samchoopra wrote:
Quote= IQU

I don't think so, I called helpline yesterday for my wife 10/2010 application and I was told there are still waiting Garda report and it was the same status since I started calling them from 10/2011 every month
Once I was told they received all the 2010 Garda reports another time my wife was told congratulation but your number is high to be invited to April 2012 ceremony few weeks later she was told that there was no progress in her application and she will be lucky if she receive her citizenship in one year
IT does means that it will take another 6-9 months when i rang i have felt that they even do not have any information about my file in their computer and the person i spoke to looked like unable to tell me any thing i guess that the file information is not updating in their system.i been told that file is processing through the normal procedures.i guess that this category files will take 24 months average time . :cry:

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:32 pm

[quote="Vinnyb"]Hey all.
I too got my approval in the current batch with ceremony on 30th. But I am freaking out.

When I went to the post office to get the money order, the clerk filled it out and he wrote on the PAY section just 'Secretary General.' I told him that it should be 'Secretary General, Department of Justice and Equality,' but he said that it wouldn't fit and that they did loads of these all the time and that it would be no problem and that they hadn't had any returned or complaints so far.

I was uneasy about it it but there was a long queue behind me and I went along with it. Now I am panicking that the Citizenship department will not accept the money order and I won't get my certificate at the ceremony.

Has anyone any advice? Or similar experience in terms of what they wrote on the postal money order?

My relatives say it should be fine that lots of people probably do the same thing.[/quote] why are panic about this,it is not big problem buddy,just chilled out.............you will get your certificate on 30 aug.good luck just chill out

seraph

Post by seraph » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:42 am

I don't know why people are going to Post office for payment. First thing is they cannot give one Order as their maximum limit is 650 Euros and their commission is too high. Instead of that go to any bank and take a Demand Draft. It will cost you only 1.90 Euros.

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:54 am

seraph wrote:I don't know why people are going to Post office for payment. First thing is they cannot give one Order as their maximum limit is 650 Euros and their commission is too high. Instead of that go to any bank and take a Demand Draft. It will cost you only 1.90 Euros.
You r right i think the same!!!

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:53 am

some of us that applied in 2010 are still waiting on our response from INIS. And these applications are not based on irish spouse but on 5 years reckonable residency..

It is just so unfair some people who applied a year and more after us have received approval letters and we are still waiting on gardai report..

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

hi

Post by Dochtúir » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:54 am

Dears i got this reply on email,i applied in February 2012.
Any idea how long it takes from this point to decision

Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be submitted to the Minster for decision as expeditiously as possible.

It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a decision on their application without delay. As well as being a significant event in the life of the recipient, the granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation as provided for in law is also a major step for the State which confers certain rights and entitlements not only within the State but also at European Union level and it is important that appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the integrity of the process.

Regards

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Re: hi

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Dochtúir wrote:Dears i got this reply on email,i applied in February 2012.

Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be submitted to the Minster for decision as expeditiously as possible.

It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a decision on their application without delay. As well as being a significant event in the life of the recipient, the granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation as provided for in law is also a major step for the State which confers certain rights and entitlements not only within the State but also at European Union level and it is important that appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the integrity of the process.

Regards
i think now they are taking only six months for process

nissa

Re: hi

Post by nissa » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:30 pm

[quote="Dochtúir"]Dears i got this reply on email,i applied in February 2012.

Regards[/quote]
What base you have applied :?: