ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in ILR PEO Premium Service Application in Croydon Off

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cyqi
Newly Registered

Post by cyqi » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi, guys. I applied on 2nd July Set (O) under HSMP Judicial review. Until now, no phone call, no letter, no number to call, nothing. It's very frustrating. The officer collect my document has no clue about HSMP Judicial Review (ok, I probably be the last one left in this group.) and not sure what document to collect from me either.

Anyone applied on 2nd July received any response?

neel
Newly Registered

Post by neel » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi cyqi,

This is very worrying as I'm also going to apply for ILR under HSMP JR next month.

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:07 pm

I applied on 2nd july on set (o) , nothing heard from ukba untill today.it was in croydon off at 1245.few more applied on same day.can any one provide any update.

missgolightly

Post by missgolightly » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:17 pm

ramay wrote:
missgolightly wrote:hello everyone

. I am livid and freaking out some dodgy excuse on my continuous residence which they won't accept, which my lawyer can't believe.
Hi missgolightly!that is sad to hear about.Is any of your absence was more than 90 at a stretch?or 180 in total?
I got my refusal letter today, I had a 90 day absence. Not longer. This is supposed to be fine. My lawyer has said that she hasn't applied the guidance on absence days/annual leave entitlement properly and the decision is wrong. I seriously believe if the case would have been done in london with me present, it may have had a different outcome. In any case my leave doesn't expire until next week, so I am fine to renew Tier 1 and that should be okay. This has just been a total nightmare.

I have also found out that the same issues are persisting at the Croydon office this week. People crying, shouting, up in arms. I will take this up with the Parliamentary Ombudsman and I think everyone here should too.

Good luck to you all.

I have to pay ANOTHER 1500 pounds for tier 1 renewal and possibly miss holidays booked in September. JOY!!

missgolightly

Post by missgolightly » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:21 pm

And just to further clarify to you all: I had 245 days total, however I had 120 days of annual leave entitlement so my total days absent fall below the 180 days rule.

For some reason this wasn't considered. Over the phone, the lady said I had been given the wrong advice and that annual leave entitlement doesn't necessarily get excluded. This goes against their own guidance and cases in the past, which were quoted by my lawyer in her covering letter.

She said on the phone that because I left the country for 90 days after being in the UK for 10 days, that "didn't look good". I guess it doesn't look good (I decided to get some travelling and family visiting out of the way before getting a job) however that statement isn't part of any legal guidance and I think it some kind of discretion being used by some incompetent people in Liverpool.

Wish me luck on Tier 1 renewal!!

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:24 pm

dear missgo..... I am with u to bring the issue to parliamentary level as the people in ukba off are just doing what they like. they just not doing their jobs properly.I am with u .

cyqi
Newly Registered

Post by cyqi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:59 am

missgolightly, I'm sorry to hear your case but wish you best of luck in the renewal. Just heard from the news this morning on the radio that home office staff including immigration is planning a strike during Olympic. Would this make matter worse? How dare they go on strike if they can not even do a proper job!

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:19 am

missgolightly wrote:And just to further clarify to you all: I had 245 days total, however I had 120 days of annual leave entitlement so my total days absent fall below the 180 days rule.

For some reason this wasn't considered. Over the phone, the lady said I had been given the wrong advice and that annual leave entitlement doesn't necessarily get excluded. This goes against their own guidance and cases in the past, which were quoted by my lawyer in her covering letter.

She said on the phone that because I left the country for 90 days after being in the UK for 10 days, that "didn't look good". I guess it doesn't look good (I decided to get some travelling and family visiting out of the way before getting a job) however that statement isn't part of any legal guidance and I think it some kind of discretion being used by some incompetent people in Liverpool.

Hi Missgolightly

sorry to hear about your visa but still you should be happy that they didn't send you refusal after your leave have expired.
Did you apply on 28 days window ?

can you clear about your absences

'I had 245 days total, however I had 120 days of annual leave entitlement so my total days absent fall below the 180 days rule.'

does you absences were 245 or 120 ??? leave entitlement is 180 days in 5 years period including paid/unpaid/business trip Excluding more than 90 days in a stretch or totaling to more than 180 days.

if you have 245 days out of country i believe you have exceeded the entitlement.

have they refuse you on 245 days ? or 90 days.

But its Greater than 90 days not 90 days... even you have to give brief / accepted reason for 90 days even.

'She said on the phone that because I left the country for 90 days after being in the UK for 10 days, that "didn't look good".'

you mean you arrived in the country and after 10 days you left UK for 90 days ? is this correct ?

so your lawyer writes in covering letter that this will go against your guidance notes in the past cases. Personally i don't like this you are writing to CW and telling that in previous cases it was against ukba etc... make CW no good.

I have seen your posts Please can you list every thing like whom you write , complains etc so if any one like to do that they have all the info.

thanks

Roxy1983

Roxy

Post by Roxy1983 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:33 pm

hi There,

I think i am also in the same boat. I applied for ILR on 29th June 2012 13:00pm. document collected at 5pm and then i was told that due to IT issue they cannot check my documents and i've been issued a letter for Further enquiry.

Since then no reply.... eagerly waiting for outcome..

does anyone applied on 29th June?? has anyone know the current time lapse....

Roxy

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:43 pm

dear roxy where u applied and in which catagory.
nobody knows the time scale yet.its matter of luck now

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Roxy

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Roxy1983 wrote:hi There,

I think i am also in the same boat. I applied for ILR on 29th June 2012 13:00pm. document collected at 5pm and then i was told that due to IT issue they cannot check my documents and i've been issued a letter for Further enquiry.

Since then no reply.... eagerly waiting for outcome..

does anyone applied on 29th June?? has anyone know the current time lapse....

Roxy
roxy

IT issue and further inquiry are 2 different things...

further inquiry is if they are not satisfied with the application/documents etc then they do further inquiry... if it was an IT issue they should give you letter that they will do further inquiry.

secondly it may be possible that even they have IT problem but were not satisfied with any part of application i.e earning etc...

or is it their normal practice in croydon that if there is IT issue they will give further inquiry letter ??? if this is the case then i don't know

Roxy1983

Post by Roxy1983 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Hiya Ryan/Virgo,

i applied at PEO Croyden.. upon submission of my documents the case worker actually issued a visa confirmation letter but as soon as i was about to leave the building she stopped me and informed that one the the LIVE E-border system is down where she cannot check my identity. so she retained my file with approval letter and issued a further enquiry letter.

Later i found from some solicitor that UKBA's e-border, CAD/CAM and warehouse systems are down due to sheer volume of checks at airport as for olympics and thats why its taking long to do checks on system.

My argument is, if thats the case of BIG IT ISSUE then why not accpeting limited premium service application??? why UKBA still accepting the application at the rate of 1 file per minute even though they know that the team at corydon cannot cope up with??

That ridiculous..

Roxy1983

Post by Roxy1983 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:16 pm

I think UKBA uses a standard letter for 'Enquiry Letter' even though its an IT issue.... or sometimes they don't issue any letter at all... I asked for a acknowledgement letter as i have to give it to my employer...

Roxy...

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:17 pm

Thats really ridiculous when one has given you letter and file back and suddenly stopped you.
never heard any thing like that.

y u didnt argue at that time.... u shouldn't given the letter back.....

after checking and deciding your case.....then they check Identity ...
its funny for me

Roxy1983

Post by Roxy1983 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:26 pm

I know but there nothing you can do really...when i ask how long it will take for me to recieve the file back and will it effect the decision, then she said NO the decision remains the same but they cant handover the file without system check.

I feel like cheated there and very very angry... she said it wont take more than 2 working days to get my file back but as of todays date no response. My solicitor just chased the croydon office and informed me that my application is with Sheffield office for further consideration.

I dont know why they sent to Sheffield.. :x

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Roxy1983 wrote:I know but there nothing you can do really...when i ask how long it will take for me to recieve the file back and will it effect the decision, then she said NO the decision remains the same but they cant handover the file without system check.

I feel like cheated there and very very angry... she said it wont take more than 2 working days to get my file back but as of todays date no response. My solicitor just chased the croydon office and informed me that my application is with Sheffield office for further consideration.

I don't know why they sent to Sheffield.. :x
i don't understand why croydon is sending files to Sheffield or Liverpool

If its there you won't be getting in 1 month i believe....

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:55 pm

to let you guys my application of ILR has been approved, jusr rcvd the royal mail envelope which is confirming my ILR.
but as it been decided now my next step is to ask refund of difference between postal and premium application from UKBA.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:12 pm

missgolightly wrote:And just to further clarify to you all: I had 245 days total, however I had 120 days of annual leave entitlement so my total days absent fall below the 180 days rule.

hi.. i will be grateful if you answer my questions please....

Roxy1983

Post by Roxy1983 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Congrats!!! Well done. Thanks for posting your status. I would say write a letter to your MP regarding part refund and insist your MP to file a case on Parliamentary Ombudsment

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:14 pm

virgo2012 wrote:to let you guys my application of ILR has been approved, jusr rcvd the royal mail envelope which is confirming my ILR.
but as it been decided now my next step is to ask refund of difference between postal and premium application from UKBA.
that's what i ask misslight as well that let us know whats steps are you guys taking for refund/complain/parliament etc...

keep us updated...

thanks

Roxy1983

Post by Roxy1983 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Guys Please keep posting...Its nerve breaking pain just sitting and waiting for Home office decision..

Roxy1983

Post by Roxy1983 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 pm

after couple of search in the websites and Wiki i think these are the things which usually delays the application process under premium services:

*) The biometric system across the UK. If you've done your biometric for the first time then UKBA cannot give decision on the same day until your Biometric data uploads across all UK vigilance centre so that your record can me match nationally or internationally crimes including Interpol.

*) Your absent period which UKBA confirms with airport data. The electronic gates (that the term used, but it means electronic system that monitors and track the no. of times you left country) should be updated. It take more time if in recent years you travelled to different countries using connecting flights.

*) If your application cannot shows on Live system (Which is recently introduced) then your immigration history should be checked by the previous case worker branch like sheffield etc etc..

*) If your details are not E-Borders system accross the world which detects any immigration crimes or others system like CAD CAM and warehouse,harm matrix etc etc which contains your immigration details. it take a week time atleast to get your data uploaded and live.

So i don't blame UKBA if they keep your file for further enquiry. If any of the system is down then it can delay case worker to decide the outcome of the file.

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:28 pm

hi roxy
u r right .its realy a lot of stress and i have started this forum initially when i did not receive the premium services from ukba after paying premium fee.i am relax today and will start giving pain to ukba from 2maro for their sub standard services for all the applicants.

hema177
Newly Registered

Post by hema177 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:14 pm

virgo2012 wrote:hi roxy
u r right .its realy a lot of stress and i have started this forum initially when i did not receive the premium services from ukba after paying premium fee.i am relax today and will start giving pain to ukba from 2maro for their sub standard services for all the applicants.
Hi Virgo 2012 , Its very relieving to hear that you got it. Congratulations! That means at least 2nd July applications are being looked at now as I was there with you. But if I remember correctly, your turn was after mine, so I am again tense where my file is gone :-(

I have one question, what if UKBA does not give me decision until my visa has already expired? And after my visa expires, if they say my extension is not approved , Will I get chance to re-apply in person again or will I just be asked to leave the country as my visa will have expired by then? Hope it makes sense...

Sorna
Newly Registered

Post by Sorna » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:18 pm

virgo2012 wrote:to let you guys my application of ILR has been approved, jusr rcvd the royal mail envelope which is confirming my ILR.
I applied for ILR on 17th, couple of days ago. Same old story of system failures happened, i was sent back after submitting documents. Based on your experience, i may have to wait for another 2 full weeks. :x