ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslip and NIC self employed advice before tomorrow

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adk

Payslip and NIC self employed advice before tomorrow

Post by adk » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:24 am

Hi all

My last 2 questions before I apply tomorrow.

I am paid fortnightly by my Ltd company, however my first payslip that was issued takes into account 5 payments, 5 payments into my bank from november to january and the payslip was issued in january and then the rest of the payslips correspond to fortnightly payments. Is this going to be an issue? How do I explain this to the CW?
It was just before Xmas and things were a bit crazy, so I was paying myself and not issuing a payslip but I have paid the right amount of tax etc..

Secondly, I am also self employed, and I havent been keeping up to date on my class 2 quarterly NIC contributions. I recently paid the past 2 years that I had missed and am now up to date, I have the bill and the payment which has gone out my bank. Anyone ever experienced any problems with this? The rest of my tax history is all pristine so..

Thanks to all for your help.

ADK

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:46 pm

Hiya,

1- I am not 100% sure with your first query. Please wait for seniors to respond

2- Not much can be done now. It should help given you have made the NI payment in full and have the receipt. Be sure to let the CW know you have now paid in full and they can call HMRC to check this ( also produce them the receipts )

Good Luck and please update the forum for others to benefit from your experience