ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric done for Tier 2 on 25th June - no response yet

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajib1111
Newly Registered

Biometric done for Tier 2 on 25th June - no response yet

Post by rajib1111 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi
I have applied on 1st June for my extension (Tier 2) Residence work permit. Got biometrics invitation letter and got it completed on 25th June 2012. However, I have not yet received any further response. Added to this, the date the UKBA shows for current processing times at

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-times/

shows the date as 25th May still. it states "We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 25 May 2012."

This seems to be the same date - 25th May 2012 for the last 3 weeks and doesn't change.

Anybody who has applied in the same time frame kindly share/update what's the current processing time is.

I tried to call them but they say they can't say anything specific to any application unless its more than 6 months!

Rajib

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:25 pm

We got our Tier 2 approved after a delay of 1 month and 10 days post the Biometric.

I think you needn't worry as yet, you should get a response sometime end of July.

rajib1111
Newly Registered

Post by rajib1111 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Thanks for the update. :)

rajib1111
Newly Registered

Post by rajib1111 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi Sheffield_Marketeer

please let me know the date you got this approved and the date when you actually receive the original documents.

Anybody else who has applied recently? Somehow the date UKBA shows is still 25th May. Its the same for the last 4 weeks almost. if anybody has applied in this timeframe kindly share information.

rajib

lala2312
Newly Registered

Timeline - PSW to Tier 2

Post by lala2312 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi Rajib,

Here's my timeline:

Switching from PSW to Tier 2: I posted my application on the 31st of May.
Application fee: deducted on the 7th of June
Received letter from Home Office for my Biometrics on the 21st of June (did my biometrics the next day)
Received letter from Home office confirming that my application has been approved on the 14th of July...letter was dated 11th of July.

I am still awaiting my Biometric card. The letter instructs that I should receive my Biometric card 7 days from the date on the letter however if I haven't received it by the 10th day I should contact them.

So the whole process took about 5 weeks...am not sure how many days I will have to wait to receive my Biometrics though.

I hope this has been helpful?

rajib1111
Newly Registered

Post by rajib1111 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi,
Yes that was indeed helpful. I have also received letter stating the application is successful. waiting for the biometric card and other originals which were submitted.

rajib1111
Newly Registered

Post by rajib1111 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Dear all,
I have received my approval letter from UKBA stating my tier-2 extension has been successful. I have not received my BRP but have received those for my dependents which shows its extended till 5th Sep 2015.

However, in the approval letter is says the subject as "APPLICATION UNDER TIER 2 (INTRA-COMPANY TRANSFER: LONG TERM STAFF) of the points based system."

Just to explain - I came here in Oct 2008 with a new job and was NOT transferred by my overseas employer. I came here in UK to join a new job with a new employer. Accordingly, I think I fall into the "GENERAL" category and NOT in "ICT-LONG TERM STAFF" category.

In this scenario, is this normal that I get this UKBA letter with the subject mentioned above? Its only in this letter this is mentioned. Has anybody else faced this situation before?

Does this have any implication on my ILR application due next year? Can I write to UKBA and get it changed - asking them that this should be treated as General and Not ICT?

Assuming this is a mistake, how can UKBA do this sort of mistake as we submitted the original work permit, which clearly stated its for a new job?

can i make out from my work permit which category it was issued for - general or ICT? is this mentioned somewhere?

Also my first work permit was valid from 22nd Aug 2008 to 22nd Aug 2012 and now its extended till 5th Sep 2015 (I am with same employer and same role).

I heard that they give it for 5 years max. But I have now got this for 7 years (2008 to 2015). Is this normal?