ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssingh123
Newly Registered

Re: Petition Update

Post by ssingh123 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:57 pm

Mokawa wrote:Does anybody knows whats happening with the petition we have signed?
The facebook page group cannot be joined anymore. I want to suggest that we foward the petition to bbc and let them know whats happening
I agree with you. That petition should be sent to media as well so that the world should know how UK is treating the international students. Also I feel we all should write to our respective embassies and ask for help. If one person writes nothing will be done but if collectively we write hopefully something will be done.

Mokawa
Newly Registered

Petition Update

Post by Mokawa » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:05 pm

I think that a few people should write to the bbc... If one alone does, the problem would never be considered...

Prockford
Newly Registered

3 Months, No Word

Post by Prockford » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Hi all -

My timeline is pretty non-existent:

Application submitted by post on 4 April 2012
(Royal Mail tracking marks received on 6 April 2012)
Acknowledgement letter received on 4 May 2012

... nothing since.

I'm in the UK now but meant to be going home for a month on 02 August. I already have a biometric card - does anyone know if I'll need to make another appointment? Anyone else who already had a biometric card have to get it re-done (or not get it re-done?) Just so I have a sense of whether it's possible to get my documents back within the next two weeks or not. Would appreciate any info!

poststudy
Newly Registered

Re: 3 Months, No Word

Post by poststudy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:06 am

Prockford wrote:Hi all -

... nothing since.

I'm in the UK now but meant to be going home for a month on 02 August. I already have a biometric card - does anyone know if I'll need to make another appointment? Anyone else who already had a biometric card have to get it re-done (or not get it re-done?) Just so I have a sense of whether it's possible to get my documents back within the next two weeks or not. Would appreciate any info!

which i understand u gave your biometric in your last visa its student visa but its doesnt matter which visa but every time when u submit application for new visa u will receive biometric letter for book a appointment but now booke a appointment rule is finished u will go in selected post office and give biometric with apporpiate fees this service is walk in

poststudy
Newly Registered

Post by poststudy » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:09 am

poststudy wrote:

... nothing since.

which i understand u gave your biometric in your last visa its student visa but its doesnt matter which visa but every time when u submit application for new visa u will receive biometric letter for book a appointment but now booke a appointment rule is finished u will go in selected post office and give biometric with apporpiate fees this service is walk in

when u receive ure biometric lettter then u go post office with that letter

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:49 am

... nothing since.
Join people waiting for Bio invitation mostly applied in April:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/431266603563584/
N/A

toprealman
Newly Registered

Post by toprealman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:52 am

Postman just delivered my biometric invitation today.
Does it mean I cant go to their public inquiry office to give my bio according to the letter? What da.....!!!!!!
Timeline:
April 3: Application sent in
May 3: Acknowledgement received
July 18(10:30 am....lol): Biometrics invitation received

Aloogosht
Newly Registered

Post by Aloogosht » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:40 pm

For those waiting for biometric invitation letter, finally some good news.

Just got off the phone to UKBA. After asking about the biometric invitation letter and giving my reference number the reply was "oh Gosh, you wont believe it. It just went out yesterday. Sorry about the long delay. It should be with you tomorrow or the day after" I see the previous post from toprealman who received his invitation letter today means the last batch will finally start receiving their biometric invitations.

App sent: 2nd April
App received: 3rd April
Ack received: 8th May (dated 3rd May)
Bio letter : hopefully 19th/20th July

Still a long way to go but at least some good news for now. :)

JohnJeba
Newly Registered

@@Aloogosht

Post by JohnJeba » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Can u pls tellme the contact number you used??

TORRESVI
Newly Registered

The press is interested... finally

Post by TORRESVI » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:15 pm

The National Union of Students is making a public appeal for information about people affected by the UKBA delays in processing their PSW visas.
This is in response to enquires from the UK press for information on the matter, specifically to find out how big this problem is.

You can check this request on the following link:

If want to share your case directly with the people at NUS, write to the following email address with your contact details and situation

Will.Hoyles@nus.org.uk

I hope that as many people as possible contact them, if the press feels this is a problem affecting lots of people, it is more likely they will write about it soon.

Wish you all the best of lucks (I'm already on my 19th week waiting).

TORRESVI
Newly Registered

On the news

Post by TORRESVI » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Now it is on BBC news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18888210

I suggest to keep sending emails to NUS, this way it may be possible to press forward even more on this matter.

Aloogosht
Newly Registered

Re: @@Aloogosht

Post by Aloogosht » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:40 pm

JohnJeba wrote:Can u pls tellme the contact number you used??
The number is 08706067766

Option 4 then 1 for biometrics

Use landline to call. Mobile would cost a lot more. Let us know your status once you find out.

mir_ali110
Newly Registered

psw processing time

Post by mir_ali110 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:57 pm

hello everyone.
any inofrmation about current proceesing time...?

applied: 15th march 2012

biometric submited: 10th april 2012

when shall i expect decision...

iahsan

Post by iahsan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:37 pm

Just to share with you people in case it is of help to anybody. I was waiting for biometric invitation for 3 months and then saw an advise on this forum to write a letter to UKBA on the following address,

UK Boarder Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

I did that on Friday and got invitation letter today.

Hope it helps somebody.

Vickyglitz
Newly Registered

Post by Vickyglitz » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Ok guys so UKBA have been trying to deliver my docs to me... I submitted biometrics on the 11th of July... Sent application on 3rd April. This is rather miraculous. They tried to deliver it but I was not home so I have to go collect docs now. I hope I got my visa. I can't believe it's been just a week since I submitted biometrics! Hope it's not rejected!!!! What do you guys think? Would they send it back as fast if it was rejected??

Vickyglitz
Newly Registered

Re: Any updates

Post by Vickyglitz » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:30 pm

jlithnio wrote:Hi guys,

For all those who sent postal PSW applications at the start of April, this is my timeline.

Application sent: 04/04/2012
Acknowledgement: 26/04/2012
Complained about delay, asked for withdrawal: 10/06/2012
UKBA called to apologise, suggested keeping application in: 24/06/2012
UKBA called to say biometric invitation to be sent: 28/06/2012
Biometric letter received: 04/07/2012
Submitted biometrics: 04/07/2012
Received BRP: 11/07/2012
Received Passport: 11/07/2012

Finally the ordeal is complete! :D
I applied 3rd April, gave biometrics on the 11th and now UKBA have been trying to deliver docs but I am doing an internship! I hope mine hasn't been rejected... I have to go pick it up now!!!

ashcarv
Newly Registered

Post by ashcarv » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:43 pm

hey guys,

the petition has been sent to the BBC, and finally our issue has made it to the online news! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18888210

does anyone have other suggestions as to where i should send the petition? pm me addresses, e-mails, etc and i'll get right on it! thanks!

this is big for us, guys - we're getting somewhere! congrats everyone, and let's keep it up!

mymomisgreat
Newly Registered

My time line

Post by mymomisgreat » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:11 pm

Application send- 15 march
Acknowledgement letter - 30 march (dated 27th)
Biometric letter received- 9th April (dated 5th April)
went to take biometric on 10th April,biometric letter bar code was not scanning ,then booked an appointment with home office .
Biometric submitted-25th April
BRP- waiting
Documents -waiting
:cry: [/b]

Irakli
United Kingdom

Post by Irakli » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
Irakli wrote:GUYS, when I check in the post office they tell me that my postal orders have not been cashed yet after 3 month! is this a case with anyone as well?
Have you received you Ackw letter?
Yes mate, I received it

pranisha1
Newly Registered

hi there

Post by pranisha1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:46 pm

hi there other victim of UKBA is me dear friends. it's been 6 months and haven't heard anything. is it possible to contact our case worker , hope it won't create any trouble. Can u guys please show me way how to contact a case worker or how to call UKBA and know regarding visa update. I have been offered job but cannot work since i don't have visa or passport, and my husband's work is in danger situation too. Please help friends . :(

pranisha1
Newly Registered

hi there

Post by pranisha1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:52 pm

hi there other victim of UKBA is me dear friends. it's been 6 months and haven't heard anything. is it possible to contact our case worker , hope it won't create any trouble. Can u guys please show me way how to contact a case worker or how to call UKBA and know regarding visa update. I have been offered job but cannot work since i don't have visa or passport, and my husband's work is in danger situation too. Please help friends . :(

Mokawa
Newly Registered

BBC News

Post by Mokawa » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:09 am

its good news but the reaction of UKBA isnt very nice... withdraw application if we cant wait... Seriously...[/url]

Prockford
Newly Registered

Getting application info

Post by Prockford » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:34 am

Aloogosht wrote:For those waiting for biometric invitation letter, finally some good news.

Just got off the phone to UKBA. After asking about the biometric invitation letter and giving my reference number the reply was "oh Gosh, you wont believe it. It just went out yesterday. Sorry about the long delay. It should be with you tomorrow or the day after"
Can I just ask how you got them to comment on your application in particular? I called today and they were very rude, and said that they couldn't give me any information as my application was made less than six months ago and that I should just keep waiting, that it could be up to six months from the application date. How you tricked them into looking up your application would be handy info to have!

Turkmenboy
Newly Registered

Re: Getting application info

Post by Turkmenboy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:47 am

Prockford wrote:
Aloogosht wrote:For those waiting for biometric invitation letter, finally some good news.

Just got off the phone to UKBA. After asking about the biometric invitation letter and giving my reference number the reply was "oh Gosh, you wont believe it. It just went out yesterday. Sorry about the long delay. It should be with you tomorrow or the day after"
Can I just ask how you got them to comment on your application in particular? I called today and they were very rude, and said that they couldn't give me any information as my application was made less than six months ago and that I should just keep waiting, that it could be up to six months from the application date. How you tricked them into looking up your application would be handy info to have!
I experienced the same, they even started me to shout when I was questioning them. I hate this country.

Prockford
Newly Registered

Re: Getting application info

Post by Prockford » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 am

Turkmenboy wrote:
Prockford wrote:

I experienced the same, they even started me to shout when I was questioning them. I hate this country.
I am struggling to remember why it was I wanted to make a life here. I mean, I know I have reasons because obviously you don't pay £600 and volunteer to be caged on this dreary island unless you have good reason for it, but looking at the way things are going and the way the UK government is treating people - not only immigrants but its own citizens - you start to wonder if this is the kind of society that you want to contribute to and be a part of. It takes more and more effort to remember, which makes me sad. When I first moved here five years ago, I wanted nothing more than to make my life here, and I was so excited to do it.