ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Family Visit Visa in between contracts.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

O_Relly

Applying Family Visit Visa in between contracts.

Post by O_Relly » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:19 am

Hello,

Is it possible to apply for a family visit visa for both parents while being in between contracts for a contractor with Ltd company, who is currently on Tier 1 General Visa ? ie., even when one has sufficient funds and regular pay slips from own ltd company, will it be an issue that the person is not currently engaged in any contract ?

Also, I read that it is important to prove strong ties back home for the visitors such as property / bank balance to prove that the visitor will return back to home country after end of their visit? Is this mentioned anywhere ? I am not able to find this requirement in UKBA site ? Also what documents should be provided to prove this ?

Advice much appreciated.

Thanks,
OR

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Applying Family Visit Visa in between contracts.

Post by longshift » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:33 am

Wrong section... This question is more suited for visitor visa section.
O_Relly wrote:Hello,

Is it possible to apply for a family visit visa for both parents while being in between contracts for a contractor with Ltd company, who is currently on Tier 1 General Visa ? ie., even when one has sufficient funds and regular pay slips from own ltd company, will it be an issue that the person is not currently engaged in any contract ?

Your job has nothing to with your parents visitors visa, So long you have sufficient funds on you to sponser their trip and pay for their expenses whilst they visit you.

Also, I read that it is important to prove strong ties back home for the visitors such as property / bank balance to prove that the visitor will return back to home country after end of their visit? Is this mentioned anywhere ? I am not able to find this requirement in UKBA site ? Also what documents should be provided to prove this ?

Whenever my parents applied for their visitor visa, they have submitted the property & land papers which are in the name of my mother and my father's tax return from his business. Togather with this, they have also submitted bank statements to show hefty balance. This shows that they have plenty to go back for.

OR

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:12 am

Many thanks longshift for that quick response . I am unable to find a reference in the ukba / vfs site for property documentation / bank balance to prove that they have reasons to return.

Is there a reference that you can point me to ?

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:49 am

O_Relly wrote:Many thanks longshift for that quick response . I am unable to find a reference in the ukba / vfs site for property documentation / bank balance to prove that they have reasons to return.

Is there a reference that you can point me to ?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... documents/

Check supporting documents guidance on the right of this page......

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:36 pm

Thanks longshift for that :)