ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

complicated case

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samira_uk
BANNED

complicated case

Post by samira_uk » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:38 pm

Dear All,

I have a question: consider some one is on Tier 4 general and has BRP. Her course is until Sep and her visa is valid until late october. Now she gets a new CAS for university course starting in Sep. She want so leave the college now and apply for extension with new CAS (as she then wants to have a trip abroad). It is still 2.5 months until start of the new course.

University adviser told her that you could not apply now in person as the date of your application should not be more than one month from the date of the new course because you are now have a valid visa!!! The adviser told her that if you are applying now, the current BRP would be invalid and the new BRP would be valid from one month before the course start date and therefore there will be a gap between now and the validity date of the new BRP.

I am doubtful about this story because if someone leaves the college early UKBA will give her 60 days leave and then she could apply with her new CAS. Am I right or the university adviser?

Thank you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:53 pm

The university is correct, they are not permitted to issue a CAS that is 2.5 months in advance of the course.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:05 am

Thank you for your reply. Actually they issued the CAS but they said that student cannot apply for the course inside the UK 2.5 months in advance.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:06 am

Yes, that is what I meant but worded it clumsily.This is because as soon as the application is approved, the student’s new Tier 4 sponsor becomes responsible for them.