ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse entry appeal process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bassem
Newly Registered

Spouse entry appeal process

Post by bassem » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:06 pm

My wife submitted her application for a spouse visa just under 3 months ago. Reading this forum has got me worried (like a numpty!) that I may have made silly mistakes with the documents I submitted.

If the application gets rejected, how can we go about the appeal process? Can I do it from the UK? If so, will BHC send the paperwork to me or will my wife have to send it to me from Pakistan?

They give 28 days to lodge an appeal. I want to know what it is I need to do beforehand because I know I'll overlook something in the ensuing panic!

Any help gratefully received.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:25 pm

If you get refused,go see a competent solicitor who will be able to advise you accordingly and if you employ him, he will do everything for you. :wink:

bassem
Newly Registered

Post by bassem » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:34 am

Thanks batleykhan. I was hoping to get an answer from you. :wink:

How much should I be looking to fork out for a solicitor?

Who are the good ones around Birmingham?

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:45 am

When you get your Notice of Decision, come back to us and we'll advise you. You could if it's a simple refusal reason, appeal yourself. A lot of people do self appeals because solicitors charge extortionate amounts for little if any work at all.

Some people after hiring a solicitor has still done it themselves because of the complete lack of competency displayed by solicitors. There are good solicitors out there I'm sure. But unless I had money to give away for fun and unless I had no time, I wouldn't use them.

Wait until you get the Notice of Decision, you could get the VISA, I hope you do, if not then we'll guide you.

bassem
Newly Registered

Post by bassem » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:07 am

Thanks.

Will the Notice of Decision come to me in the UK or my wife in Pakistan?

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:22 am

bassem wrote:Thanks.

Will the Notice of Decision come to me in the UK or my wife in Pakistan?
To the applicant in Pakistan. You'll need her to either scan and email or photocopy to you, so you can for yourself what the exact wording is. The exact wording is critical.

bassem
Newly Registered

Post by bassem » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:27 pm

If I appeal from the UK do I have to do it within 10 days or 28 days?

Alif1

Post by Alif1 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:44 pm

bassem wrote:If I appeal from the UK do I have to do it within 10 days or 28 days?
You have 28 days from receiving the Notice letter to submit the appeal. Appeals are made in the UK to the AIT http://www.justice.gov.uk/tribunals/immigration-asylum

Lets hope none of us have to appeal :)
Application submitted: Lhe 19.04.12
Application Forwarded to Isld 19/04/12
Under Process at BHC: 07/05/12

Peace, love and best wishes to all.