ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying HSMP within UK under studentvisa as foreign Student

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

msu
Newly Registered

Applying HSMP within UK under studentvisa as foreign Student

Post by msu » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:15 pm

I got an offer for MSc from Middlesex University and my class is going to start on September. I also qualify in points under HSMP. I m not sure whether I should apply for HSMP from my country or get EC as a student and apply from within UK. If anyone can give me idea on the follwing it wil be great help -

1) How long it takes to get decision from home office if I apply during my study as a foreign sutudent?
2) Will i have to come back and apply for the EC from my home country if i get accepted by home office? Or I can change my status while living in UK under student visa.

If some have other suggestion for me pls advice.

Shahid

shuma_shayan

same question

Post by shuma_shayan » Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:30 am

Hie all I am new on this board , I also want to ask a similar question that if we have already filed the HSMP application (In my case the date was 29th may 2004) can we apply for Uk study Visa which we can easily get in a month and once our HSMP gets approved is there any way to transfer the study visa to Immigration visa . Please reply

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:16 pm

to be honest I was in a similar situation but i think it is better to apply outside since the in-country status change (student to hsmp) will be more difficult as HOme Office declared; check the ind website announcements

for example they will expect you to have graduated in the time of applying for FLIR... so I myself decided to apply from outside

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:17 pm

to have graduated from the program for which you got the student visa...