ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP(RC) applications

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JulieB
Newly Registered

Post by JulieB » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:32 am

Apple0 -
JulieB, how did they know you were nearing the three month deadline?
When I reported it lost/stolen, they gave me three months to reapply (they sent a letter dated 15 Feb and gave me until 15 May). They sent back a rejected application over a month after I sent it in April, so it arrived 11 May. Real nice of them. Then they sent me a letter dated 17 May that was very threatening about applying on time (I had already sent in another application at this point), so I sent them a VERY long letter about how I had applied, loads of evidence, and how this was ridiculous.

Kannit, I think going into hysterics is probably the nicest outcome of all this. It is absolutely ridiculous. It really upsets me that they'll let IT problems go by without updating us, then push us all aside for the Olympics. They should be ashamed.

veronf
Newly Registered

More than 6 months!

Post by veronf » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:17 pm

Unbelievably frustrating. I have been waiting now more than six months. I contacted my MP and she tried to help, but nothing. Now, I called to ask for the progress as more than 6 months have passed... and now, they tell me that in reality, the first months doesn't count, so when they say "more than six months" it really means one month after you reach the six-month limit...

Has anyone else been waiting this long?!!

I ran out of ideas and hope...

veronf wrote:I have also the same problem, I urgently need my passport by the 5th of June. It took ages to get the biometric letter and now, apparently is taking around 8 weeks to get your documents back after the biometrics...

My timelines:

Applied: 4th February 2012
First Letter: 10th February
Biometric Letter received: 24th April 2012
Biometrics done: 26th April 2012
Passport received: pending
Card received: pending

JulieB
Newly Registered

Post by JulieB » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:24 pm

WOW. That's INSANE. There is no excuse for them with your case. I don't know what to tell you because spending MORE money on calls to the UKBA doesn't feel helpful. You could try the Citizens Advice Bureau?

I really love that the UKBA tells you that you need to wait 6 months to contact them, and when you do, it's not really 6 months to them. Incredible.

apple0

Post by apple0 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:29 am

These experiences are all crazy. And even more crazy when you consider a new application can be done same day.

For anyone that included a non-English police report, did you include a translation and do you know what counts as a reliable translation?

JulieB
Newly Registered

Post by JulieB » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:23 pm

These experiences are all crazy. And even more crazy when you consider a new application can be done same day.
Seriously. To think that these are simply replacement cards, not even new visas, that need a simple reprint is so frustrating. It takes like 2 minutes to print a card.

simona78
Newly Registered

Post by simona78 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:51 pm

Yes. I had to include a transaltion of the French police report. I used a translation company and asked them to stamp and validate each page and also issued an additional letter which states the validity of their service and translation. I didn't want the risk of UKBA returning my documents if I just ask someone who speaks French to translate it and the call center staff also recommended this as well.

apple0

Post by apple0 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:09 pm

Did you find a reasonably priced service? The ones I saw were several hundred. Again, the process makes no sense when the embassy/UKBA already read my police report to approve my single-entry visa. You would think having the single-entry visa application approved (which also requires fingerprinting, passport verification and an application) could automatically start/approve the reprinting of the new card.

simona78
Newly Registered

Post by simona78 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:49 pm

The translation cost me £200 too. I didn't find any cheaper alternatives unfortunately.

simona78
Newly Registered

Post by simona78 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Has anyone received biometric letter yet? It's been two months since I had submitted my application and I still don't have the biometric letter. My patience is wearing very thin...

apple0

Post by apple0 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:02 pm

I haven't of course, but I did receive a letter replying to my complaint and all it really says is that the delay in processing was due to the large number of applicants applying when I did (end of May). Pretty useless.

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshbro » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:54 pm

simona78 wrote:Has anyone received biometric letter yet? It's been two months since I had submitted my application and I still don't have the biometric letter. My patience is wearing very thin...
I am still waiting for my passport and BRP which was lost within UK. However my timlines are:

Application date: Around 18th May 2012
Biometric letter received: 8th June 2012
Biometrics done: 12th June 2012
Passport and docs received: Waiting
BRP Received: Waiting

I will wait for 8 weeks from the Biometrics before I call them or send a letter.

All the best.

JulieB
Newly Registered

Post by JulieB » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Hey everyone, just an update to say there are no updates, really. It's been over 7 weeks since I did my biometrics... and nothing.

I want to apply to move my husband with me back home (to the USA), and I need the docs that the UKBA currently has. This is the most frustrating thing.

Can't work because employers need to see my BRP.
Can't leave the UK because I can't get back in without the BRP.
Can't move home because I need the docs they have at the UKBA to apply to get my husband a visa.

This is crazy.

JulieB
Newly Registered

Post by JulieB » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:42 am

Anyone else having more trouble than usual calling the UKBA? I tried calling them 4 times on their public line, and they automatically redirect my call to something that I did not ask for. Once they redirected me to the documents return service, and twice they redirected me to the applications request line (which says, "Our office is now closed," then reads office hours... which it when I am calling even though I didn't want their office). One of the calls just hung up on me!

I called the (+44) 08706067766 number, selected option 4 (general questions), then option 2 (outstanding applications). What is this?! Why would I be redirected like this?

simona78
Newly Registered

Post by simona78 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:08 pm

It could be their system was down. I called them yesterday and they said their system is down and could not look up anything and asked me to call back again.

JulieB
Newly Registered

Post by JulieB » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:15 pm

It could be their system was down. I called them yesterday and they said their system is down and could not look up anything and asked me to call back again.
Hmm, I didn't even get any sort of message like that (let alone hear from a human). This is pathetic. How can they even fail at keeping a phone system up??

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshbro » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:43 pm

JulieB wrote:
Hmm, I didn't even get any sort of message like that (let alone hear from a human). This is pathetic. How can they even fail at keeping a phone system up??
I heard UKBA are going on strike, dont know how long we have to wait for now.

kannit

Got replacement BRP today!

Post by kannit » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:14 am

Hi all,

Just want to update fellow sufferers that I received my replacement BRP card along with my dependent's cards as well. Fortunately all the information on cards is correct.

Timline:
Application sent by post: 18-Apr-12
Biometric given at post office: 12-May-12
Passport received back: 19-Jul-12
BRP cards received: 20-Jul-12

I wish that you all, who're waiting for this ID, shall receive it soon.

All the best!

Regards

JulieB
Newly Registered

Post by JulieB » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:51 am

Hi all,

Just want to update fellow sufferers that I received my replacement BRP card along with my dependent's cards as well. Fortunately all the information on cards is correct.

Timline:

All the best!

Regards
Congratulations!! Yay!

This also gives me hope as I did my biometrics 28 May *crosses fingers*

Edit I still can't get through to them on the phone. My calls are still redirected. Grumble grumble. And I have been following PCS news about a possible strike, too. It's crazy.

charliemew
Newly Registered

Post by charliemew » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:54 am

Hi,

I'm changing my surname to my married name on my BRP.

I've been following this forum since March and I just received my documents back today after a 4 months waiting.

I submitted my application on 20th March 2012. I received acknowledgement letter on 23rd March 2012.
I received invitation letter to do my biometrics on 27th March 2012. I did my biometrics at the post office on 31st March.
I didn't heard anything after that until today.

I tried to call twice. First on in May and was advised they could not do anything until 6 months, I complained the fact that on the BRP(RC) guidance revision 04/2012 it says you should receive your new BRP within 7 working days from biometric appointment.

After 4 months passed I submitted a letter of complaint on 11th July to UKBA, because I started to worry, I also sent an email to my local MP asking for help. I need my passport since I booked a trip for end of August (I thought I gave a good 5 months from the date of my application and it's reasonable), also I have missed quite few important business travel.

Yesterday I started to panic because I still haven't heard anything. I called UKBA again and off course received the same cold answer with no help (I wish they're more sympathetic). Then I called my local MP to chase up my email I sent to her, her assistant told me they would contact the UKBA.

This morning, a miracle, I received my documents and a letter saying I should receive my new BRP within 7 working days.

So if you're frustrated, send a complaint letter and ask your local MP for help. 4 months is a very long time to issue a new BRP card since it only took 10 working says to change my surname in my passport.

Good luck!

JulieB
Newly Registered

Post by JulieB » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:57 am

Congratulations on receiving your stuff back!!

All my MP could do is get me a letter saying that I have the right to work :( Sadly didn't really help. I've heard it has worked for others, though!

charliemew
Newly Registered

Post by charliemew » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:25 pm

Just an update. I received my new BRP today so happy days.

Do try send a complaint letter to UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

and send a follow up letter for your application to:

UK Border Agency
BRP(RC)
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

apple0

Post by apple0 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:08 am

Has anyone who applied at the end of May received a biometrics letter yet? I do not see how a two month wait for a letter can be considered reasonable. And then it sounds like, best case, it takes another two months to get everything back after that.

simona78
Newly Registered

Post by simona78 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:27 am

I am sorry to report back that there is no sight of a biometric letter for me yet. Yes, I do agree that waiting for 2 months to get a letter is ridiculous but can only continue to wait...

yogeshbro
Newly Registered

Post by yogeshbro » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:52 am

Wow guys... I have received my passport this morning and a letter confirming that I should receive my BRP card within 10 working days...I am truly ecstatic.. Olympic day has brought some luck to me.

Application date: Around 18th May 2012
Biometric letter received: 8th June 2012
Biometrics done: 12th June 2012
Passport and docs received: 27th July 2012
BRP Received: Should receive soon.

Jing
Newly Registered

Re: Got replacement BRP today!

Post by Jing » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:37 am

Congratulations!

I lost mine in April, did the biometric on 29th May, asked MP to write to them, sent complaint letter to UKBA, but still no good news yet.....

kannit wrote:Hi all,

Timline:

All the best!

Regards