ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

vaccination in India and Uk

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aani

vaccination in India and Uk

Post by Aani » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:46 am

Dear all,

my son is 1 year and we moved from Uk to India. He had his 8 weeks,16 weeks etc vaccinations in uK. Now as he is due for his 12 and 13 months vaccinations, I enquired in the local hospital (in india)and they do all the vaccinations that is listed in his red book.

Has anyone gave vaccinations from India and UK? Is it going to have any side effects?

Please advice if anyone had faced similar situation.

Thanks in advance,
Aani

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Re: vaccination in India and Uk

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:05 am

Aani wrote:Dear all,

my son is 1 year and we moved from Uk to India. He had his 8 weeks,16 weeks etc vaccinations in uK. Now as he is due for his 12 and 13 months vaccinations, I enquired in the local hospital (in india)and they do all the vaccinations that is listed in his red book.

Has anyone gave vaccinations from India and UK? Is it going to have any side effects?

Please advice if anyone had faced similar situation.

Thanks in advance,
Aani
hi Aani one of my friend was telling me In Chandigarh it was same for there baby. just the abbreviation are different and in India Kids get extra vaccination as well for which if your getteing in UK you have to pay extra as govt. in UK don't pay for that.
hope that helps!!!

Aani

Post by Aani » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:01 am

Thanks sun_in_rome. So that means no harm if we give few vaccinations in UK and few in India? I am worried about the boosters we give in 12 and 13 months as the initial ones were given in UK.

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:39 am

Aani wrote:Thanks sun_in_rome. So that means no harm if we give few vaccinations in UK and few in India? I am worried about the boosters we give in 12 and 13 months as the initial ones were given in UK.
yes they are standard all over world now. just in few countries there are few xtra given due to geographical difference.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:45 pm

The immunisation schedule is a little different in India. Do ensure that you get any jabs done at a good hospital where it is clean. You may also want to think about other jabs not given in the UK routinely
pennyless