ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success SET (O) - 18th July 2012 Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dharam
Newly Registered

ILR success SET (O) - 18th July 2012 Croydon PEO

Post by dharam » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:02 am

ILR success at Croydon PEO on 18th July 2012 (HSMP + Tier 1)
Hi guys,

Wanted to share the details of my wife's ILR approval yesterday at Croydon PEO. (We are on our own Independent Tier 1 visas and my ILR appointment is scheduled on 28th August. Hope that goes well.)

Her case is pretty straightforward except for the absences outside UK over 180 days.

Documents submitted.

1) Application Set (o) form.
2) 12 months payslips & 12 month bank statements.
3) letter from employer.
4) Letter from HMRC detailing 5 years tax history.
5) absences outside the UK - 234 days. (none more than 90 days at stretch)
6) completed absences template from the forum board and a covering letter detailing the absences.

Her appointment was at 10:30,but as we reached early she was allowed inside at 9:30 only.By 10:30am she finished her biometrics and waiting to see a case worker.As per usual, they had some IT problems and she had a looong harrowing wait and same with me waiting in the Whitgift mall outside the PEO. Atleast, she kept in touch with me by txt msgs with any updates. Finally, she was called to see CW at 3pm. She told me that the case worker was nice but she is not that experienced as she kept on referring to the CW next to her.It took her 1.5 hrs to complete the case and finally handed her the approval letter at 4.30pm.

Points to note:

1) The case worker is only interested in if we are out of country for more than 90 days in a single absence. She didnt even had a look at the covering letter submitted for absence reasons for 234 days and gave it back straight away.

2) My wife had a CCJ in 2008 for 40 pounds (talk talk landline) which we failed to cancel when we moved houses and the new tenant kept on using. The CCJ was paid off and judgement of satisfaction obtained from court in 2009. She mentioned it in the Civil judgements & criminal convictions section but the CW said she dont need to mention that.

any question, plz feel free to ask or PM me. Will come back on 29th august with my ILR success story.

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:37 pm

Many heartly Congrats for your wife ILR Success. THanks for sharing as I was waiting for someone to talk about Croydon these days!!

am in the same position and will be applying next month (16th August)at Croydon too under HSMP + Tier1.....

Things you wrote her worry me a bit! so do they still have the IT problems? can you giveus a bit more detail?

was there a visible lack of CWs in the office? did your wife have to wait becuse of that or the IT issues?

Letter from HMRC detailing 5 years tax history -- what is this and why did she require it? is it instead of P60?

thanks for your kind reply

dharam
Newly Registered

Post by dharam » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:08 pm

m in the same position and will be applying next month (16th August)at Croydon too under HSMP + Tier1.....

- Welcome on board...I have my ILR on 28th august and good luck with your application.

Things you wrote her worry me a bit! so do they still have the IT problems? can you giveus a bit more detail?

- First they told her that there was some problem of updating biometric details into UKBA systems.when this is resolved there was a problem with the IT system to do some internal checks and she need to wait.when the time was well past 2pm I was dreading to get a txt from my wife that they asked to submit the application as go home.However, with god grace they called her at 3pm and started to process her case.

was there a visible lack of CWs in the office? did your wife have to wait becuse of that or the IT issues?

- lack of case workers was not an issue, however she found that solicitor representation cases are being priorotised and called early which is sick. serial no. after her have been called before her and they are immigration reps.

Letter from HMRC detailing 5 years tax history -- what is this and why did she require it? is it instead of P60?

- yes. she had P60 for only 2 years. so requested this doc from HMRC.

cheers

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:49 pm

congrats on your success

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Thanks for elaborating :D

All the best for you and I will be sharing my story once it happens!