ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Why UK Settlement Visa is getting delayed?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dharmitha
Newly Registered

Why UK Settlement Visa is getting delayed?

Post by Dharmitha » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:16 am

I lodged my spouse visa application in VFS Sri Lanka on the 17 th of April and I got the message on the 22nd of April as Application is under Process at BHC. After that absolutely nothing from any resources.

I am frustrated, how long they are going to take? No job from end of this month.

Did any body submitted settlement visa application around on 17th of April.

Please response to my que.

Thanks

Saima_ayub01
Newly Registered

Post by Saima_ayub01 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:46 pm

I submitted my visa application on 28th march n itx under process since 4th april 2012.. Not sure why its getting too much delayed.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Why UK Settlement Visa is getting delayed?

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:18 am

Dharmitha wrote:I lodged my spouse visa application in VFS Sri Lanka.
Did any body submitted settlement visa application around on 17th of April.
A spouse visa (which gives you EC for limited leave to remain in the UK) is different to settlement (i.e. ILR which is not a visa). For clarity, which did you apply for?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:15 pm

I think what the OP is saying is that they applied for a spouse visa from Sri Lanka to settle in the UK.

The average wait for a spouse visa from Indian subcontinent is roughly around 4 months at this time...... therefore you still have a round a month left to wait. :wink:

Dharmitha
Newly Registered

Post by Dharmitha » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:53 am

Thank you ,

I am going on a settlement visa, my Husband only sponsoring me.

Its more than 12 weeks, I have sent them an e-mail they have not mentioned anything specifically that why this is getting delayed.

My question is after all these time will they refuse my application, have you come across any cases as such.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:58 am

Like I have said the average wait is around 4 months (16 weeks)for them to make a decision. After this time you will hear whether your application is successful or it is refused.

Dharmitha
Newly Registered

Post by Dharmitha » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Thank you,

As you said today I have got an e-mail from BHC saying that Decision has been made on your visa application and contact VFS colombo after 4 working days.

I think it is going to be negative only, will see, better to get ready now itself for appeal.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:14 pm

Dharmitha wrote:I think it is going to be negative only, will see, better to get ready now itself for appeal.
What made you reach that conclusion? Was anything to suggest this mentioned in the email you received?

Dharmitha
Newly Registered

Post by Dharmitha » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:56 pm

Yes I got via e-mail,

I sent an e-mail saying that I my processing time is more than 12 weeks, so that they replied like this.

I dont know I feel it so. So frustrated life. What to do? Have to bear everything, as we are human being.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Dharmitha wrote:Yes I got via e-mail,

I sent an e-mail saying that I my processing time is more than 12 weeks, so that they replied like this.

I dont know I feel it so. So frustrated life. What to do? Have to bear everything, as we are human being.
If I'm not mistaken, then they don't inform you of the decision (i.e. whether approved/rejected) via email. They just say your application has been processed and that your documents are ready for collection. So it may very well be good news!

Dharmitha
Newly Registered

Post by Dharmitha » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:15 am

I got it, I am soooooooooooo happy, Thank you guys for sharing me with your advice. Stay in touch.

hamzi110
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hamzi110 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi I would like to know what the current wait time is for a spouse visa application answer for my wife in Pakistan I've applied in the UK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:45 pm

hamzi110 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:39 pm
Hi I would like to know what the current wait time is for a spouse visa application answer for my wife in Pakistan I've applied in the UK
Kindly refrain from digging up topics that are more than 5 years old from 2012.

immigration-for-family-members/still-wa ... 34104.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.