ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aloogosht
Newly Registered

Re: Getting application info

Post by Aloogosht » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:09 am

Prockford wrote:
Aloogosht wrote:For those waiting for biometric invitation letter, finally some good news.

Just got off the phone to UKBA. After asking about the biometric invitation letter and giving my reference number the reply was "oh Gosh, you wont believe it. It just went out yesterday. Sorry about the long delay. It should be with you tomorrow or the day after"
Can I just ask how you got them to comment on your application in particular? I called today and they were very rude, and said that they couldn't give me any information as my application was made less than six months ago and that I should just keep waiting, that it could be up to six months from the application date. How you tricked them into looking up your application would be handy info to have!
Assuming you are in the same situation and have not received the biometric invitation letter here is what to do. Firstly you need to call that number 08706067766 select option 4 and then 1 for biometric information. Tell them you applied on (date) and have not received the invitation letter yet. They will/should now ask for your reference number which you should have received in the acknowledgement letter. Once you provide them this they will ask for personal details for security. After that they can tell you if you are in the "system" or not and whether they have sent out the Biometric invitation letter. They will not be able to disclose any more information. I doubt if they even have any other information apart from that.

I have so far called them three times in the course of two months. First time I called I was not in the system. Second time I WAS in the system but was told the letter has not been generated/sent yet. And finally this time I was told it has been sent.

Oh and when you call, don't bother using the word "progress" as they seem to get fits when they hear it. Just say you are concerned about not receiving the bio letter.
Good luck.
Last edited by Aloogosht on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prockford
Newly Registered

Re: Getting application info

Post by Prockford » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:17 am

Aloogosht wrote:
Prockford wrote:
Aloogosht wrote:For those waiting for biometric invitation letter, finally some good news.

Just got off the phone to UKBA. After asking about the biometric invitation letter and giving my reference number the reply was "oh Gosh, you wont believe it. It just went out yesterday. Sorry about the long delay. It should be with you tomorrow or the day after"
Can I just ask how you got them to comment on your application in particular? I called today and they were very rude, and said that they couldn't give me any information as my application was made less than six months ago and that I should just keep waiting, that it could be up to six months from the application date. How you tricked them into looking up your application would be handy info to have!
Assuming you are in the same situation and have not received the biometric invitation letter here is what to do. Firstly you need to call that number 08706067766 select option 4 and then 1 for biometric information. Tell them you applied on (date) and have not received the invitation letter yet. They will/should now ask for your reference number which you should have received in the acknowledgement letter. Once you provide them this they will ask for personal details for security. After that they can tell you if you are in the "system" or not and whether they have sent out the Biometric invitation letter. They will not be able to disclose any more information. I doubt if they even have any other information apart from that.

I have so far called them three times in the course of two months. First time I called I was not in the system. Second time I WAS in the system but was told the letter has not been generated/sent yet. And finally this time I was told it has been sent.

Good luck.
Thanks Aloogosht, that helps - so just keep it to questions about the biometric information letter, no questions about the application itself. Thanks so much!

Aloogosht
Newly Registered

Post by Aloogosht » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:21 am

No problem I hope it helps.
Oh and when you call, don't bother using the word "progress" as they seem to get a fit when they hear it. Just say you are concerned about not receiving the bio letter.
let us know what happens
Good luck
Last edited by Aloogosht on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aloogosht
Newly Registered

Re: hi there

Post by Aloogosht » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:50 am

pranisha1 wrote:hi there other victim of UKBA is me dear friends. it's been 6 months and haven't heard anything. is it possible to contact our case worker , hope it won't create any trouble. Can u guys please show me way how to contact a case worker or how to call UKBA and know regarding visa update. I have been offered job but cannot work since i don't have visa or passport, and my husband's work is in danger situation too. Please help friends . :(
Please see the above posts and contact the ukba on that number. When exactly did you apply? Did you receive the acknowledgment letter? Did you get the biometric invitation letter? Has the fee been deducted?

meetme06
Newly Registered

News

Post by meetme06 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:25 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18888210

News on the BBC regarding the delays in post-study work visa

Be+
Newly Registered

Hating the wait!

Post by Be+ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:09 am

Hello everyone, My timeline is as follows:

Application submitted: 1st March 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 7th March 2012
Biometrics taken: 4th April 2012
Documents: waiting
BRP: waiting

Everyone else with similar timelines, could you all please
update?

iahsan

Post by iahsan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:23 am

Application Submitted : 31 March
Acknowledgement Letter: 24 April
Inquiry Letter sent to UKBA: 13 July
Biometric Invitation: 18 July (Dated 14 July)
Biometric Submitted: WAITING
BRP: WAITING
Documents and passport: WAITING

kul_06
Newly Registered

my timeline..

Post by kul_06 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:51 pm

Application Submitted : 24 feb.
Acknowledgement Letter: 28 April
Biometric Invitation: 18 march
Biometric Submitted: 5 april
[/b]

toprealman
Newly Registered

Post by toprealman » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:07 pm

iahsan wrote:Application Submitted : 31 March
What do you mean by Biometric Submitted: Waiting (Sic)?

ssingh123
Newly Registered

My timeline....

Post by ssingh123 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Application sent by post: 27th feb
No acknowledgement letter received
Biometrics invitation: 27th March (dated 24th March)
Biometrics submitted: 31st March (Stockport post office as the systems at Middleton post office were not working)
BRP: WAITING.....
Documents & Passport: WAITING.....

I'm facing a lot of problems due to this delay. Got no job but still paying council tax as I'm not a student anymore and missed out on a lot of job opportunities. Facing a huge financial crisis. I ve called so many times to explain my situation bt UKBA people are so rude n inhuman they just keep repeating one thing "if you want you may withdraw your application back" Even if I ask for my docs back now after waiting for almost 5 months I'm nt sure how much time they will take in sending my docs back and if they still take another month or so then it ll be even worse as after all the wait and expenses n huge application fees I will nt be getting any visa. So all we can do for now is wait n this indefinite wait is killing me.
And UKBA's reaction to the BBC news is all the more disappointing.

ashcarv
Newly Registered

FINALLY!

Post by ashcarv » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Hey everyone,

My passport FINALLY arrived back today! I'm so happy! :D

Here are my timelines:

28 January: Submitted application for Tier 1 PSW visa by special delivery
3 February: Received Acknowledgment letter
15 February: Received application back as invalidated/rejected - I paid by credit card, and payment was declined by my issuing bank due to anti-fraud overseas security measures.
22 February: Submitted Out-of-Time application for Tier 1 PSW visa (my Tier 4 student visa expired on 30 January), along with cover letter from my university explaining bank situation
27 February: Received acknowledgment letter (dated 24 February)
24 March: Received biometric invitation letter (generated 22 March)
2 April: Gave biometrics at London Bridge post office
19 July: Received passport + docs and visa acceptance letter. BRP should arrive within 7 working days

Things I did to help the process:
-contacted MP, who made inquiries/complaints on my behalf
-contacted the international student advisors at my university, who made inquiries/complaints/expedition requests on my behalf
-contacted my US senators and representatives, who MAY have made inquiries on my behalf (I'm not totally sure if they did, though)
-sent an expedition request because I am scheduled to travel soon, to this address:

Tier 1 PSW Visa
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Although I'm overjoyed to have received my documents back, I am so sad that so many of you are still going through UKBA hell. I'm going to send our petition to the targets today (almost 700 signatures - great job, guys!) and I'm going to keep doing everything I can to help - talking to reporters, journalists, etc. Please PM me if you have any suggestions as to who else you would like me to send the petition to.

Don't give up hope, guys! Everything will be okay in the end - if it's not okay, then it's not the end! Chins up :)

xx

ashcarv
Newly Registered

Post by ashcarv » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:48 pm

PS - could someone please post my previous message to the Facebook group? My name is Ashley Carvalho. Thanks!

iahsan

Post by iahsan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:44 pm

toprealman wrote:
iahsan wrote:Application Submitted : 31 March
What do you mean by Biometric Submitted: Waiting (Sic)?
Means I haven't submitted it yet :) just got the biometric invitation yesterday and need to sort out a day off from work for biometrics.

On a different note so they are now charging 19.20 per person for biometrics? Insane, they will probably start charging for breathing sometime soon. Something like 'Spam Consumption Tax' :D

13khalsa
Newly Registered

My timeline

Post by 13khalsa » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:52 pm

I would like to inform that I am also a victim of UKBA with the regards to the processing times of the PSW visa application. My timeline is as follows:

Application: 10 march 2012
Ack Letter: 27 March 2012
Bio invitation: 13 April 2012
Bio Submitted: 14April 2012
BRP/Documents: Waiting (3+ months)

It is very sad that PhD researchers like me have to go through such a pain. I cant go to the conference in China where I supposed to present my 3rd research paper just because of UKBA. I want to meet my family to share the happiness that I am a Doctorate now and to attend my sister's wedding next month back in India. But, I don't know whats happening in UKBA.

I don't know what to write more but I am just praying and hoping that I would get my documents back well in time so that I can go and meet my family soon. :(

kashyapgada

Post by kashyapgada » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Application: 24th February 2012
Bio-Metrics enrollment: 28th March 2012
Passport returned: 19TH JULY 2012
APPROVAL 16TH JULY 2012
brp scheduled for 20 th July 2012

megatelevizor
Newly Registered

Post by megatelevizor » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:01 pm

To anyone who's been waiting for more than 6 months: what you can do is seek help with private solicitors. Then you can post your a request to UKBA to process your application within two weeks' period. If they do not process your application within 2 weeks' time, you have the right to challenge them in High Court. Hope this helps

Prockford
Newly Registered

PSW victims in Edinburgh South West

Post by Prockford » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi all - I was wondering whether there were any fellow PSW applicants living in the Edinburgh South West constituency on this forum? I'd like to make an appointment with our MP, but our MP is Alistair Darling, and so I thought maybe if one or two other people in the same boat wanted to come with we might have more of a chance of being listened to? Also he terrifies me.

ssingh123
Newly Registered

Post by ssingh123 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Hey guys, I just read this news UKBA workers might go on a strike which means further delay in the processing.

http://www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/pm/ar ... ent=news_1

Be+
Newly Registered

Replacement psw

Post by Be+ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Hello,

My friend lost her PSW visa when she came on a holiday in May. She applied for a replacement on 26th May and enrolled biometrics on 18th June and still has no reply from the UKBA. If there is anyone else in the same situation, or has applied for replacement BRP in the past could you please update on how long the precess takes?

nickworks2000
Newly Registered

PSW DRAMA

Post by nickworks2000 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:25 am

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED : 15TH MARCH 2012
BIOMETRICS SUBMITTED : 10TH APRIL 2012
DOCUMENTS WAITING : 28th JULY 2012
BRP WAITING : ?

I have written to my area MP, shadow immigration minister MP Chris Bryant, BBC, SKY and other media channels complaining to them about our long awaiting documents, passports. I suggest complaining to your respective high commissions in the UK and also your respective countries news channels as this will trigger people and political pressure on the UKBA.

After all that writing, complaining finally documents arrive. I hope those who havn't got their will continue to keep the pressure on the UKBA. Best of Luck. God bless
Last edited by nickworks2000 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aloogosht
Newly Registered

Post by Aloogosht » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 am

Its finally here guys. And im heading straight for the post office.
The biometric invitation letter is dated 17th july.
Will get back once done. Hopefully no more horror stories.

toprealman
Newly Registered

Post by toprealman » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:34 am

megatelevizor wrote:To anyone who's been waiting for more than 6 months: what you can do is seek help with private solicitors. Then you can post your a request to UKBA to process your application within two weeks' period. If they do not process your application within 2 weeks' time, you have the right to challenge them in High Court. Hope this helps
How do you pay your lawyer to fight UKBA in court when you have been out of work for 6months?

toprealman
Newly Registered

Post by toprealman » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:36 am

ssingh123 wrote:Hey guys, I just read this news UKBA workers might go on a strike which means further delay in the processing.

http://www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/pm/ar ... ent=news_1
3 days strike but I am 100% sure they wont embark on the said strike.

Mokawa
Newly Registered

Press and Embassy

Post by Mokawa » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:37 am

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED : 15TH MARCH 2012
BIOMETRICS SUBMITTED : 10TH APRIL 2012
DOCUMENTS WAITING : ?
BRP WAITING : ?

I have written to my area MP, shadow immigration minister MP Chris Bryant, BBC, SKY and other media channels complaining to them about our long awaiting documents, passports. I suggest complaining to your respective high commissions in the UK and also your respective countries news channels as this will trigger people and political pressure on the UKBA.
Hey Mate.

I have done all of this already. I think more people should... One person will never be enough. we need support. What has further happened to that guy who wrote the petition? we cant hear from him anymore?

psw123498765
Newly Registered

psw

Post by psw123498765 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Received BRP today!

Applied: 5th March
Bio : 5th April
BRP : 20th July
Docs : Waiting

Actions taken:

Contacted MP, who tried to contact UKBA on my behalf
Sent a written letter to UKBA team explaining my urgent situation.

Good luck to all and keep hammering UKBA till they respond.