ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain - Accountant's Affiliation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leo_sangha

Indefinite Leave to Remain - Accountant's Affiliation

Post by leo_sangha » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:12 pm

Hello Guys, I've got an ILR appointment in solihull. I came to UK on HSMP(2 years) and now on Tier1(3 years).

Left my job on 2009 ventured into a business. Now after all these years just realized as I was going through guidance notes that the accountant must be a chartered accountant or a certified accountant who is a member of a registered body. Apparently my account is registered with IFA(Institute of Financial Accountants) but not with ICAEW(Institue of chartered accountants in England & Wales).

I've been a tax payer i'll provide the caseworker at PEO with SA302 which is self assessment tax returns from HMRC for last 3 years since i've been in business.

Am i taking risk with my current accountant ? Do i need to find chartered accountant now ? Is there anybody who can help & has been in my shoes prior to me ?

MSingh
Last edited by leo_sangha on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:32 pm

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain - Accountant's Affiliation

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:15 am

leo_sangha wrote:Hello Guys, I've got an ILR appointment on 26th July in solihull. I came to UK on HSMP(2 years) and now on Tier1(3 years).

Left my job on 2009 ventured into a business. Now after all these years just realized as I was going through guidance notes that the accountant must be a chartered accountant or a certified accountant who is a member of a registered body. Apparently my account is registered with IFA(Institute of Financial Accountants) but not with ICAEW(Institue of chartered accountants in England & Wales).

I've been a tax payer i'll provide the caseworker at PEO with SA302 which is self assessment tax returns from HMRC for last 3 years since i've been in business.

Am i taking risk with my current accountant ? Do i need to find chartered accountant now ? Is there anybody who can help & has been in my shoes prior to me ?

MSingh
Please avoide multiple postings on the same issue. I have already replied to your post. However, it is linked here
The question is... to be or not to be....

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:34 am

Also look in to this Link
The question is... to be or not to be....