ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nickpatel2012

Post by nickpatel2012 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:47 am

hello

we applied after one another with treedays gap

can you please help and avise if you applied your self or through lawyer ?
did you received passport with accpetance letter with bio card to follow ?

please help matey

thanks

jbm wrote:
gsg-9 wrote:Hi guys,

I also received my ILR, my solicitor called on friday to tell me the great news. Date of issued was 10th of July.

Thanks for your support throughout this anxious waiting times, we have a great community here. Goodluck to everyone still waiting!
Congratulation to all of you on receiving the long awaited ILR. hope fully everybody waiting will get back soon, gsg-9 ILR is real hope for march application. gsg-9 please update some details about ur case . have u recived just document and passport? with letter of approvel for ilr ? as normally BIO card arrive after some days of docment.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:30 am

@Loveislovely and @antonyos - have you both received your ILRs? The excel sheet states your applications as being complete, If so, please advise on timelines so that they can be updated.

Others, please add your timelines to keep the sheet updated as there appears to have been some movement in relation to Feb end/early March applications. Thanks.

http://sdrv.ms/LfAsGC

Fingers, toes crossed.
All day, Everyday.

gsg-9
Newly Registered

Post by gsg-9 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:49 am

Guys,

Sorry havent had much access to internet in last few days.

I applied through solicitor. They sent to my solicitor address so I dont know if they arrive at the same time or not, but i think the card arrive a day before the passport and other documents.

My timeline is updated on skydrive spreadsheet.

Best of luck everyone!

nickpatel2012 wrote:hello

please help matey

thanks

jbm wrote:

I also received my ILR, my solicitor called on friday to tell me the great news. Date of issued was 10th of July.

Thanks for your support throughout this anxious waiting times, we have a great community here. Goodluck to everyone still waiting!
Congratulation to all of you on receiving the long awaited ILR. hope fully everybody waiting will get back soon, gsg-9 ILR is real hope for march application. gsg-9 please update some details about ur case . have u recived just document and passport? with letter of approvel for ilr ? as normally BIO card arrive after some days of docment.

antonyos
Newly Registered

Post by antonyos » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:48 pm

NOG wrote:@Loveislovely and @antonyos - have you both received your ILRs? The excel sheet states your applications as being complete, If so, please advise on timelines so that they can be updated.

Others, please add your timelines to keep the sheet updated as there appears to have been some movement in relation to Feb end/early March applications. Thanks.

Fingers, toes crossed.
All day, Everyday.
I have NOT received my passport yet! Not sure what is going on! I guess me, lovelyisLovely and jon are the only feb applicants yet to receive their passports?

Kick-off
Newly Registered

ILR Stamped

Post by Kick-off » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi all, I am a silent observer now received back pp.

My time line:

Type of application: SET (O), 5yrs (HSMP+1 Tier), three depended
Application submission date: 18.02.2012
Acknowledgement letter and Fees: 22.02.2012
Document received back: 14.07.2012
Stamped date: 10.07.2012 from Liverpool
Exact 21 weeks
It’s really painful to wait for such a long period.

Please can somebody advice about next step:

1. Biometric Card (before 29th Feb application)
2. Type of benefits to claim have two kids
3. ????

Good luck to all.

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:47 pm

NOG wrote:@Loveislovely and @antonyos - have you both received your ILRs? The excel sheet states your applications as being complete, If so, please advise on timelines so that they can be updated.

Fingers, toes crossed.
All day, Everyday.
Hi!

I haven't receive any news as yet, someone obviously mistakenly did it, I am not able to correct it, can someone sort it out please?
All for one, one for all..... Peace

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:12 pm

OK folks

Here is the updated waiting times sheet, many thanks to the original author and persons who have updated since. Any mistakes please shout.

http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

The MS excel sheet is called "10 Years ILR Timeline 2012 17-07"

Fingers, toes crossed.
All day, Everyday.

camelot
Newly Registered

Post by camelot » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:51 pm

gsg-9 wrote:Guys,

Sorry havent had much access to internet in last few days.

I applied through solicitor. They sent to my solicitor address so I dont know if they arrive at the same time or not, but i think the card arrive a day before the passport and other documents.

My timeline is updated on skydrive spreadsheet.

Best of luck everyone!

nickpatel2012 wrote:hello

please help matey

thanks

jbm wrote:

Congratulation "gsg-9" for your ILR. I wish you to achieving all the dream you possess. I would like to say something and I will request not to take as offensive. In addition, I might be wrong.

According to SKY drive excel spread sheet you status gsg-9 12/03/2012 17/03/2012 21/04/2012 13/07/2012 Complete 18 5 years diplomat exempt, 3 years student, 1 year PSW, 1 year student, solicitor represented. Look carefully, you are 5 year diplomat exempt. If you are exempt for any specific reason out of 10 year, do you think you have been considered under 10 year long resident? From my tiny understanding, your case is absolutely different and totally irreverent under this thread. I hope you understand as you are a diplomat.

gsg-9
Newly Registered

Post by gsg-9 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:53 am

The diplomat exempt is a bit like PSW visa, it does not count as time spent in the UK towards settlement except for 10 years long residency. Im not sure what do you mean by relevant, but since i applied through the 10 years route, hence my post here. Hope it's clear

km25

Post by km25 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:25 pm

thanks NOG for updating the spreadsheet..

thanks @loveislovely and others for your wishes..

@loveislovely & @ antonyos and @jon and all the others hope you get ur pp soon..

im sure urs is on its way as it looks like those who sent sd envelopes got it soon and urs will be done by this week...remember lots of applications being sent across arnd the 20th of the month...look at the trend you'll know..

so urs is on its way and im praying for u all..

Best wishes,
KM

Warrenpfo
Newly Registered

Post by Warrenpfo » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:22 pm

Best keep praying hard as there are strikes on the horizon which can only mean further delays.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18889900

km25

Post by km25 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:24 am

lets hope this wont impact too much on the waiting period for those who hv been waiting for a long time..

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/airport-immigr ... 44657.html

another disaster to deprive people of their freedom to travel!!

BW everyone..

Cheers,
KM

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:32 pm

Warrenpfo wrote:Best keep praying hard as there are strikes on the horizon which can only mean further delays.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18889900
Terrific. Just what we need.

Addicted zoo
Newly Registered

My Timeline

Post by Addicted zoo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:18 pm

Application type: 10 Year category Set O

6 months visitor + 7 years Student + 2 Years PSW + Student Again

Application Sent: 28/05/12
Acknowledgement Letter Date: 06/06/2012
Payment Taken: 07/06/12

Let me know if anyone else has received biometric letter. There was some postage problem at my place. (Just want to make sure it didn't get loss)

smzai80
Newly Registered

Re: My Timeline

Post by smzai80 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:15 pm

No its ok my friend applied for ilr in April and I applied in May and we both got Bio Metric in same week . I mean just last week. So u will get it by few weeks time ,may be 1 or 2.

Addicted zoo wrote:Application type: 10 Year category Set O

6 months visitor + 7 years Student + 2 Years PSW + Student Again

Application Sent: 28/05/12
Acknowledgement Letter Date: 06/06/2012
Payment Taken: 07/06/12

Let me know if anyone else has received biometric letter. There was some postage problem at my place. (Just want to make sure it didn't get loss)

teee2
Newly Registered

ILR Received

Post by teee2 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:00 am

This forum has provided me so much information over the last few months so I thought I’d share my experience. I received my passport and BRP yesterday.

Application sent: 29th February (on old application form)

Acknowledgement dated: 5th March

I then received a letter on the 20th of March (dated 16th March) informing that I had used the wrong form and that I had to complete the enclosed biometric application form. The letter also included a biometric enrolment letter. I did the biometric enrolment the following day.

Passport Received: 19th July (letter dated 17th July as the passport no longer contains a stamp. All I get is a BRP)

BRP Received: 19th July via courier.

My case was straight forward, 5 years as a student and 5 years on a work permit.

I hope this information is as valuable to you guys as yours has been to me over the last few months.

Jon336

Post by Jon336 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:13 pm

Just for you guys waiting, My passport is back But with bad news.

I have posted in a new thread about my circumstances so that I don't become a kill joy check it out.
Any advice regarding my situation will be highly appreciated.

My timeline is

Application submitted on 27th February
Acknowledgement 29TH February

Decision made on 12 July
Recieved 20th July.

Please look out for my thread and give as much advice as you can I really think there was an error on the side of UKBA
Always optimistic

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Jon336 wrote:Just for you guys waiting, My passport is back But with bad news.

I have posted in a new thread about my circumstances so that I don't become a kill joy check it out.
Any advice regarding my situation will be highly appreciated.

My timeline is

Application submitted on 27th February
Acknowledgement 29TH February

Decision made on 12 July
Recieved 20th July.

Please look out for my thread and give as much advice as you can I really think there was an error on the side of UKBA
Co-grat-u-la-tion, I am really pleased, God is good, I am praying that God will make a way for the rest of us waiting for ILR, Congrats again and enjoy..... goodluck.

Jon336

Post by Jon336 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:39 pm

Loveislovely, its not good news. Its a refusal. I've given my reasons for it and I need advice. Check down the threads you will find out.
Always optimistic

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Jon336 wrote:Loveislovely, its not good news. Its a refusal. I've given my reasons for it and I need advice. Check down the threads you will find out.
I have just read the post, I am terribly distraught at the moment, I wish I could help, but I really do not know much, I am sure that one of the experts will soon reply to your post, I hope you will get a postive reaction, and I wish you luck.

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:37 pm

Jon336 wrote:Loveislovely, its not good news. Its a refusal. I've given my reasons for it and I need advice. Check down the threads you will find out.
Sorry for the bad newz, hope everything turns out ok, go to a lawyer and argue ur case, there is no out of time applications when u have left the U.K ..God Bless x

Jon336

Post by Jon336 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Thanks Kim, this shouldn't worry you guys though, you will soon get your passports back with good news and I will update you with what's happening with my case.
Always optimistic

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Jon336 wrote:Thanks Kim, this shouldn't worry you guys though, you will soon get your passports back with good news and I will update you with what's happening with my case.
Mate fight till the end and shame them. Bring this joke of an organisation down. Soon turning out to be one of my objectives in life this. :evil:

babida2011
Newly Registered

Post by babida2011 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:05 pm

My wife applied on 10 year basis in Feb 2012 (no solicitor). Still no news. Following this thread, I have mixed feelings. We have already booked flights but had to change flight dates (paying about £1200 extra to change). HO do not seem to care about us as we are still non-British. Application by Post 25 02 2012 Acknowledgment letter dated 29 02 2012 Still awaiting inside the BIG PRISON. :cry:

Jon336

Post by Jon336 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:36 pm

[/quote]

Mate fight till the end and shame them. Bring this joke of an organisation down. Soon turning out to be one of my objectives in life this. :evil:[/quote]

Sometimes you wonder whethet its even worth it. The incompetency exhibited by UK PLC puts many failed states to shame. For all the money paid they don't even have the courtesy to return a failed application early enough so that the applicant can decide whta to do next.
Always optimistic