ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Approved with >90 days absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sapeyuk

ILR Application Approved with >90 days absence

Post by sapeyuk » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:13 pm

I would like to share my good news with you all and give everyone waiting a glimmer of hope, this forum has helped me enormously.

I applied for ILR on 06 June 2012 at Croydon PEO via premium service after 5 years ( 2 years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1 General ) as a director of a limited company. Everything was fine but my absences. I had around 280 days absence in total, 180 days of it for business and the rest for holiday/personal trips. One of these business absences was 5 days more than the 90 days limit because I became severely ill and could not fly back to the UK before the 90 days limit.

I provided all medical documents proving that I was unable to fly back, a cover letter explaining everything, company documents, payslips, p60 s , etc.

The case worker told me that my application and documents are complete and assured me there is no extra document needed but a senior case officer should review my application before making a excision purely because I had one absence of more than 90 days at a stretch. She said we will hear from them within 3 weeks.

This week, after waiting for 6 weeks and emailing UKBA 3 times for a progress update with no reply received, I decided to contact my local MP and ask him to contact the UKBA. I Sent him the email on Tuesday and today - Thursday - I received a letter from his office explaining that they have already contacted the UKBA and that my case is with e senior case officer now and we will hear from the UKBA soon.

This afternoon I finally received the call I was waiting for with the good news that my application for ILR is approved and I can collect my passport tomorrow and I will receive the BRP card within 7 days. I am still amazed at how quick and effective the MPs response was, I am really thankful to him.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone in this forum, you guys are amazing and a great source of help. Good luck to all of you who have applied and are still waiting, don't loose hope. I would recommend you contact your local MP, explain your situation and ask for help.

Best Regards,

urfrndnc
Newly Registered

Post by urfrndnc » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:38 pm

Congrats for getting ILR.

Even I do have a similar situation where I have a single absence of 94 days outside uk, but this was not for any business trip.

Do you think this will be considered as well ?

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:18 am

can you provide supporting documents like sapeyuk?

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:30 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Please do kindly keep us posted on the forum once you'll receive your BRP cards.

Good luck for the future.

Krishnalvr

Re: ILR Application Approved with >90 days absence

Post by Krishnalvr » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:47 am

sapeyuk wrote:I would like to share my good news with you all and give everyone waiting a glimmer of hope, this forum has helped me enormously.

I applied for ILR on 06 June 2012 at Croydon PEO via premium service after 5 years ( 2 years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1 General ) as a director of a limited company. Everything was fine but my absences. I had around 280 days absence in total, 180 days of it for business and the rest for holiday/personal trips. One of these business absences was 5 days more than the 90 days limit because I became severely ill and could not fly back to the UK before the 90 days limit.

I provided all medical documents proving that I was unable to fly back, a cover letter explaining everything, company documents, payslips, p60 s , etc.

The case worker told me that my application and documents are complete and assured me there is no extra document needed but a senior case officer should review my application before making a excision purely because I had one absence of more than 90 days at a stretch. She said we will hear from them within 3 weeks.

This week, after waiting for 6 weeks and emailing UKBA 3 times for a progress update with no reply received, I decided to contact my local MP and ask him to contact the UKBA. I Sent him the email on Tuesday and today - Thursday - I received a letter from his office explaining that they have already contacted the UKBA and that my case is with e senior case officer now and we will hear from the UKBA soon.

This afternoon I finally received the call I was waiting for with the good news that my application for ILR is approved and I can collect my passport tomorrow and I will receive the BRP card within 7 days. I am still amazed at how quick and effective the MPs response was, I am really thankful to him.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone in this forum, you guys are amazing and a great source of help. Good luck to all of you who have applied and are still waiting, don't loose hope. I would recommend you contact your local MP, explain your situation and ask for help.

Best Regards,
Congratulation for getting ILR.

Just wondering, did Case worker give any letter while submitting your documents regarding further enquiry?

If yes, does that letter contains any home office ref number?

While writing email to your MP, did you mentioned any reference number etc.. in the mail?

Because in my letter , there is no ref number , simply they mentioned Re: Name , country and DOB only.

I have sent a mail to MP regarding my case , they asked me home office ref number. I informed them that , there is no ref number given in the letter and forwarded the copy of the letter given by home office.

Our MP written letter to home office on 6th of this month, when I check regarding response on Monday. They replied that, they will get response only after three weeks and they will send the response as soon as they here.

This is bit worrying for me.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:46 am

Krishnalvr wrote:
sapeyuk wrote:I would like to share my good news with you all and give everyone waiting a glimmer of hope, this forum has helped me enormously.

Best Regards,

Just wondering, did Case worker give any letter while submitting your documents regarding further enquiry?

While writing email to your MP, did you mentioned any reference number etc.. in the mail?

Because in my letter , there is no ref number , simply they mentioned Re: Name , country and DOB only.

I have sent a mail to MP regarding my case , they asked me home office ref number. I informed them that , there is no ref number given in the letter and forwarded the copy of the letter given by home office.

Our MP written letter to home office on 6th of this month, when I check regarding response on Monday. They replied that, they will get response only after three weeks and they will send the response as soon as they here.

you mean HO replies to MP after 3 week ?

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:48 am

Best Regards,
Hi sapeyuk,

do HO call with private no or their no displayed.

please confirm.

thxx

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:55 am

ryan2020 wrote:
Krishnalvr wrote:

Best Regards,

you mean HO replies to MP after 3 week ?
Yes , MP PA replied me that they would not expect to have a response for three weeks.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:58 am

you mean HO replies to MP after 3 week ?[/quote]

Yes , MP PA replied me that they would not expect to have a response for three weeks.[/quote]

If we make it simple if MP contact UKBA then UKBA will take 3 weeks to reply to MP right ????

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:13 pm

ryan2020 wrote:you mean HO replies to MP after 3 week ?
Yes , MP PA replied me that they would not expect to have a response for three weeks.[/quote]

If we make it simple if MP contact UKBA then UKBA will take 3 weeks to reply to MP right ????[/quote]

Think so

urfrndnc
Newly Registered

Post by urfrndnc » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:03 pm

ITGraduate wrote:can you provide supporting documents like sapeyuk?
What type of documents are expected ????

sapeyuk

Post by sapeyuk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:34 pm

urfrndnc wrote:Congrats for getting ILR.

Even I do have a similar situation where I have a single absence of 94 days outside uk, but this was not for any business trip.

Do you think this will be considered as well ?
Thanks a lot.

Well, they say they may disregard the more than 90 days absence if it has been on compelling grounds or business matters, and if you can provide enough proof for that. It depends on the reason you had for staying out more than 90 days really.

sapeyuk

Post by sapeyuk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Smam wrote:Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Please do kindly keep us posted on the forum once you'll receive your BRP cards.

Good luck for the future.
Thanks a lot, I will do that.

sapeyuk

Post by sapeyuk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Krishnalvr wrote:

Best Regards,

Thanks a lot, yes the car worker gave me the further checks letter. It has no reference number but a " Case ID" on the top right hand side.

I included these details in my email to the MP:

Application date and time
Booking reference number
Case ID
My full name
My dependant's full name
My full address
My mobile number
My email address

Hope it helps, good luck on your case.

sapeyuk

Post by sapeyuk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi sapeyuk,

do HO call with private no or their no displayed.

please confirm.

thxx[/quote]

Hi, they have called me with the " Blocked " number.