ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irfanb00

ILR success at Solihull

Post by irfanb00 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:46 am

Dear all,

The credit of my success goes to the people who have contributed such immense knowledge through this forum. Thanks.

We had our appointment yesterday at Solihull. We started early from London with our little one. Our appointment was at 10:45am. However we reached there fairly early as planned.

Tip: There is nothing better in the world than reaching early for any appointment - helps keep you calm and focused.

My application was based on 2 years on WP and 3 years on Tier 1 General. I had a total of 81 days out of country on holidays.

The experience was very pleasant right from security through to BRP checks. The personnel were kind, helpful and pleasant unlike the rigid Croydon. We went through a routine security check in the beginning, the person at the security asked which form I have brought with me and checked the front page and handed back to me. We were given a token number to see the CW. About half an hour later we were called in to see the CW.

The CW seemed like a pleasant lady as well. She asked me my documents in the following order:

1.My application form and our passports. She started checking them and as she would open our passports she would enter data in. She also flicked through my application form.

2.Then she asked me for my earnings documents. I gave her my pack which included my 12mths payslips, 12mths bank statements, a summary sheet which I prepared that confirmed my earnings, my P60 for the last 5 years. However she returned my P60s and said she didn’t want to see them.

She went through my payslip cross checking with the bank statement. When she finished, she said it was fine.

3.Then she asked for our LiUK certificates which I gave her. She checked those and she entered something on the computer.

4. Finally she asked for our co-habitation document. My pack included Joint Bank Account statements for 2 years, electoral registration for 3 years, 3 years of TV Licence in her name and a letter from my landlord confirming our living together. She flicked through all of that but only took our Joint bank statement. She returned all of the other documents and said that the statements were enough to prove our co-habitation. Specifically said that " Do not need any more documents". Surprised! Yes.

5. She then went away to photocopy my passport, came back and said that my application was successful and then to pay my fees at the other counter and wait for BRP check.

We paid our fees, went back outside in the waiting area and within 15 minutes were called in for BRP. The staff there were particularly helpful especially when there was our little son around.

In total we were out for our 2 hour break by 12pm since 10:45am appointment.

We were asked to wait for 2 hours or could go outside which we did and then came back to collect the letter explaining when and how we would get our BRP card and that we were ILR`d.

That’s it really! In my experience this has been my easiest encounter with the HO on my visa issues. It is amazing that the visa which gives you “Indefinite” permission to live in their country is the easiest. There was nothing substantial to prove – just bring in your normal daily documents like payslips, bank statements, etc and get your ilr.

I other TIP: Don’t get stressed out about your application. Be focused, stay calm (have a straight face), sit straight without any unnecessary movements because the CW’s are trained to notice that. Makes things easy for everyone.

TIP: Only give them the documents that they ask. Do not unnecessarily give them anything that they did not asked. This could raise irrelevant questions.

I am happy to take any questions that you may have.

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:16 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

My question is that did the CW asked from you any documents related to your WP time period eg your 5 years of P60's or your employment history from the HMRC ??

Please do kindly keep us posted on the forum once you'll receive your BRP cards.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

Good luck for the future.

irfanb00

Post by irfanb00 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:01 am

Smam wrote:Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

My question is that did the CW asked from you any documents related to your WP time period eg your 5 years of P60's or your employment history from the HMRC ??

Please do kindly keep us posted on the forum once you'll receive your BRP cards.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

Hi Smam,
She did not ask me any questions relating to my WP era. When I gave her my 5 years of p60s she returned it back saying that she doesn't need to see them.

What I also observed is that the CW almost knew what my application is going to be like. As if she expected those documents to come through. I presume that they first study our case before meeting.

Anyhow, one down. It makes things easier now for jobs, housing, etc.

A personal thanks to you for answering queries I had before my application.

Regards

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:43 am

Hi Mate

Thanks a lot for your kind and extremely prompt reply and you're more than welcome any time.

Please do kindly keep us posted on the forum once you recieve your BRP cards.

nottinghill

Post by nottinghill » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:22 am

Congrats . some case like mine. but mine last only 5 minutes . lol
well I agree with the Tips . certainly worth considering those. Be confident if there is nothing to hide ( of course) lol

I don't think CW study the case ( they dont have time for that nor being paid for that ) before we go. But when they enter our visa no they can get all the details. that's for sure and my CW told me she is going to check my visa on their system which took less than 2 minutes.

irfanb00

Post by irfanb00 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:46 am

nottinghill wrote:Congrats . some case like mine. but mine last only 5 minutes . lol
well I agree with the Tips . certainly worth considering those. Be confident if there is nothing to hide ( of course) lol

I don't think CW study the case ( they dont have time for that nor being paid for that ) before we go. But when they enter our visa no they can get all the details. that's for sure and my CW told me she is going to check my visa on their system which took less than 2 minutes.
Agree.