ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Approved but employee want to send me on WP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

narulade

HSMP Approved but employee want to send me on WP

Post by narulade » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:39 pm

Hi Guys

My HSMP is approved EC is not done yet. but don't want to take the risk of leaving the job. my employer want to send me on workpermit. is my HSMP will create any problem for WP and whats you thoughts on this.

BennyG
Newly Registered

Post by BennyG » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:42 pm

I am not terribly experienced, so bear that in mind. However, it seems to be a decision between the value of a little money/security and the value of opportunity. I assume your current employer would pay for your work permit, so that may be the better financial decision. But HSMP would give you a lot of freedom, and isn't that what the programme is really all about?

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:43 pm

narulade

Tell your employer that you do not need work permit. I think if you get EC for HSMP then the Work permit visa will automatically expire.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Approved but employee want to send me on WP

Post by pantaiema » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:44 pm

I fail to see the logic of this case.

Would you please inform the forum, "why you employer want you on work permit ?" so people could understand your case

With HSMP you apply yourself (not your employer), it will save their time/resources free from hassle.

Onthe other hand, To apply for work permit they need to pass "The UK Labor market test", they need to advertise the job in mass media, ans must prove that no other UK/EU citizens could do the job and/or more qualified than you.

Pantaiema
narulade wrote:Hi Guys

My HSMP is approved EC is not done yet. but don't want to take the risk of leaving the job. my employer want to send me on workpermit. is my HSMP will create any problem for WP and whats you thoughts on this.

narulade

Post by narulade » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:51 pm

Thanks Guys

actually it is againt their policy . they don't want to leave me and they know with HSMP i can leave the job when ever i want . and they also know that i am not a kind of person who take risks of leaving the job without another job.
Regards,

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:45 pm

In your case I believe that Your HSMP will not create the problem for your WP applicaiton as long as you make it clear to them that you Withdraw your HSMP application. But this is just my though. Iam not 100% sure about this, so please do not take it for granted, do it with your own risk. Hope you will get another opinion for comparison.

Reason:
HSMP is in higher tier than WP. So what you are actually doing is downgrading yourselves.

This is a favourable & less risky option for HO. In WP once you are without job, you need to find another job quickly or otherwise you need to leave the country. While on HSMP you have time until your LTR expire.

Anyway, in your case I still fail to see the logic,
Reason: once they apply WP for you you could always switch it to HSMP anytime you want to during your employment.

They know that you will defenitely success (given that the rule has not changed yet by tvhe time you apply) because this is already fact.

Pantaiema

narulade wrote:Thanks Guys

actually it is againt their policy . they don't want to leave me and they know with HSMP i can leave the job when ever i want . and they also know that i am not a kind of person who take risks of leaving the job without another job.
Regards,

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Approved but employee want to send me on WP

Post by olisun » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:23 pm

narulade wrote:Hi Guys

Won't the HSMP approval get nullified once the person gets the EC for the WP?

narulade

Post by narulade » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:59 am

Not sure about this too. any senior member can help me on this. laywer in Uk are saying it won't put any effect you can come to india in six month period and can apply for the EC of HSMP