ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR delayed at Sheffield PEO due to IT problem-SET (m) Form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eva82me

ILR delayed at Sheffield PEO due to IT problem-SET (m) Form

Post by eva82me » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I went to Sheffield PEO for my SET(M) visa application on 6th July. After 2 hours waiting, we were told that due to the system fault, they can't process my visa application on the day. I was advised to leave all my original documents including my passports and my husband's passport, life in the uk test cert and marriage cert etc..... And also we paid £1377 there.

Last week, I received a letter asking me to enrol my Biometric info at a post office, which I did successfully. So far, it has been 10 days, I still waiting for the outcome.

Does anybody have the same experience? I wonder whether they will treat my application as a postal application or will be slightly quicker?

Any advices will be appreciated, thanks a lot!

gavin_zeng
Newly Registered

Post by gavin_zeng » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:45 pm

I had exactly the same experience on the 16th/July in Sheffield PEO. My application is SET(O). Everything seems fine until 2pm. Applicants start from number 34 were told that due to IT problem, decision could not be made on the same date. We were given a letter and sent to post office nearby to enroll our Biometric, which we all did straightway that afternoon.

By now, I have not received anything from them yet. It is very frustrating, as my wife need to apply for FLR(M) after I get my result, and her appointment is by the end of this month. I am starting to really worry now.

How is your case? Have you received result and your original document yet?

eva82me

Post by eva82me » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:03 pm

[quote="gavin_zeng"]I had exactly the same experience on the 16th/July in Sheffield PEO. My application is SET(O). Everything seems fine until 2pm. Applicants start from number 34 were told that due to IT problem, decision could not be made on the same date. We were given a letter and sent to post office nearby to enroll our Biometric, which we all did straightway that afternoon.

By now, I have not received anything from them yet. It is very frustrating, as my wife need to apply for FLR(M) after I get my result, and her appointment is by the end of this month. I am starting to really worry now.

How is your case? Have you received result and your original document yet?[/quote]

Hello,

I have received my original documents today. Nothing else. Don't worry, I will keep you posted.

gavin_zeng
Newly Registered

Post by gavin_zeng » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:07 pm

That is good news! Has your application approved?

eva82me

Post by eva82me » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:26 am

[quote="gavin_zeng"]That is good news! Has your application approved?[/quote]

Just received my BRP today. So happy

gavin_zeng
Newly Registered

Post by gavin_zeng » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:17 am

Congratulations! Could you please let me know what date last week you enrolled your biometric? So I can know how long it may takes for them to finalize my case and post documents back.

eva82me

Post by eva82me » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:27 am

Hi, it was last Thursday.

eva82me

Post by eva82me » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:28 am

[quote="eva82me"]Hi, it was last Thursday.[/quote]

I am glad that at least they didn't treat our application as the normal postal one. It's quicker....

gavin_zeng
Newly Registered

Post by gavin_zeng » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Thanks for letting me know. It took exactly one week since you enrolled your biometric. I did my biometric this Monday afternoon, so hopefully I can receive my result early next week. I am slightly relieved. Thank you very much.

My wife is 7 months pregnant, and she will have to leave the country if I could not get my ILR approved before her dependant visa expired. But she may be refused to get on a plane by an airline company, and how can I miss my first baby's birth. That is why I am so worried.

Finger crossed. I will keep you updated.

eva82me

Post by eva82me » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:37 pm

[quote="gavin_zeng"]Thanks for letting me know. It took exactly one week since you enrolled your biometric. I did my biometric this Monday afternoon, so hopefully I can receive my result early next week. I am slightly relieved. Thank you very much.

My wife is 7 months pregnant, and she will have to leave the country if I could not get my ILR approved before her dependant visa expired. But she may be refused to get on a plane by an airline company, and how can I miss my first baby's birth. That is why I am so worried.

Finger crossed. I will keep you updated.[/quote]

Don't worry. I think you will receive the BRP will soon. Don't worry. Good luck to you!

gavin_zeng
Newly Registered

Post by gavin_zeng » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:17 pm

I received my documents and approval letter today. What a relief!