ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marriage in january 2007

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rogerq

marriage in january 2007

Post by rogerq » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:27 pm

hi everyone..

i am planning to marry my Indonesian girlfriend next month. I am also currently in the process of buying my first apartment, therefore i have no evidence of any utility bills or mortgage payments in my name as of yet.

Bearing this in mind, its probably wise for me to wait until i am settled into my apartment before we apply for my wife to join me here in the uk. I have only 1 concern about this.....Would it strengthen our settlement visa application if i was to be there in person in Jakarta when it was submitted? If i wait until i have as much relevent evidence as possible, would it harm our case in anyway if i was not present when the application was presented?

thanks in advance

BG101

Post by BG101 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:26 pm

The more time you spend with your partner the better **evidence of contact**

Being present when the application is submitted probably won't make much difference to be honest as it's not the ECO who receives it :) but being there when she is interviewed it would be nice to be present as it will give her some moral support (though please bear in mind you won't be allowed in at the interview) your wife being able to say that you are outside should they want to ask any questions can only be of benefit :)

Having a copy of your mortgage agreement and evidence of deposit and first payment will be a definite bonus **proof of accomodation** maybe you can state in a covering letter that this is your first apartment therefore don't have previous bills etc..

Good luck :)

BG

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:55 pm

I tend to agree - I hope it's not common, but I can remember a case on another board where they delayed the foreign spouse's application for a few months for similar reasons to your own, and got refused because (among other things) they weren't living together as husband and wife....
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

rogerq

Post by rogerq » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:55 pm

thanks for your replies.....i wonder if i can arrange an appointment with the british embassy while i"m in jakarta next month, to provide them with all the evidence that i currently have, and then they can hopefully record all this before we make our formal visa settlement application a few months later (once i have utility bills, proof of mortgage payments etc)....