ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in ILR PEO Premium Service Application in Croydon Off

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newdimension
Newly Registered

Post by newdimension » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:15 am

Hi Everyone,

I will be grateful if I can get some advise regarding my following situations:

On 20/06/2012, I applied for spouse visa using the FLR (M), (my wife is a british citizen), made in person using the premium service at CROYDON PEO.

My previous visa category was Tier 1 (HSMP), which I got last year 2011.

After the biometrics, the case worker checked my documents and issued me a letter stating all the documents were valid but further checks needed.

It has been over two weeks now and still I haven't heard anything from them. So much so...for the premium service.

My lawyer was with me when the application was submitted. I keep checking with the lawyer everyday as to verify whether he has received any notification from the home office.

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thanks everyone for their time.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:24 am

hema177 wrote:
virgo2012 wrote:hi roxy
u r right .its realy a lot of stress and i have started this forum initially when i did not receive the premium services from ukba after paying premium fee.i am relax today and will start giving pain to ukba from 2maro for their sub standard services for all the applicants.
Hi Virgo 2012 , Its very relieving to hear that you got it. Congratulations! That means at least 2nd July applications are being looked at now as I was there with you. But if I remember correctly, your turn was after mine, so I am again tense where my file is gone :-(

I have one question, what if UKBA does not give me decision until my visa has already expired? And after my visa expires, if they say my extension is not approved , Will I get chance to re-apply in person again or will I just be asked to leave the country as my visa will have expired by then? Hope it makes sense...
hi hema,

you will not get chance to reply again if you visa have expired. however they will give you chance to appeal.
in only one condition you can re-apply if you have valid leave to remain.

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:48 am

Hi all
received my biometrics today as well by Dx courier.

Sorna
Newly Registered

Post by Sorna » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:20 pm

I got my biometeric card today. It just took 2 days from i applied. Not bad for Premium Service in my case. :lol:

So Guys, Don't lose hope. It will come.

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:17 pm

pls chk the following link
http://www.davidsonmorris.com/dmblog/

kkay_30
Newly Registered

Post by kkay_30 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:18 pm

virgo2012 wrote:Hi all
received my biometrics today as well by Dx courier.
Hi Virgo, congratulations!!! and wanted to thank you for setting up the forum - it did provide some peace and assurance for everyone I believe who are going through the same sitaution.

Although i received my approval letter dated 13th, unfortunately no BRP for me yet!!! so its nto all over yet - and the complaining is yet to begin!

But once again, congratulations to all that have received positive respones, and the others please dont lose hope, hopefully you'll hear back sooner rather than later.

orcas
Newly Registered

Post by orcas » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Guys, just to keep you posted, I received my approval letter today, so it seems they are going through the applications sent to liverpool from croydon.
Will update once i receive the card

swapnil.w
Newly Registered

Post by swapnil.w » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi Sorna,

I am glad that you received your approval and documents. I am still awaiting any information on my case, I also applied on the same day 17th July 2012. They had given me two option 1. To collect 2. Postal delivery. I guess I have made a mistake going for To collect option. :cry:

Could you please confirm what was you token number? It will atleast give me some confidence that I am next. Mine was 122.

swapnil.w
Newly Registered

Post by swapnil.w » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:04 pm

Does anyone opted for To Collect option? If yes, then did you receive the call from UKBA office or letter directly?

Please help guys to know that things are progressing for the premium applications made on 17th July 2012.

swapnil.w
Newly Registered

Post by swapnil.w » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:07 pm

Sorna wrote:I got my biometeric card today. It just took 2 days from i applied. Not bad for Premium Service in my case. :lol:

So Guys, Don't lose hope. It will come.
Hi Sorna,

I am glad that you received your approval and documents. I am still awaiting any information on my case, I also applied on the same day 17th July 2012. They had given me two option 1. To collect 2. Postal delivery. I guess I have made a mistake going for To collect option.

Could you please confirm what was you token number? It will atleast give me some confidence that I am next. Mine was 122.

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:01 pm

pls check this link for UKBA information
http://workpermit.com/news/2012-07-19/u ... e-year.htm

hema177
Newly Registered

Post by hema177 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:14 pm

ryan2020 wrote:
hema177 wrote:
u r right .its realy a lot of stress and i have started this forum initially when i did not receive the premium services from ukba after paying premium fee.i am relax today and will start giving pain to ukba from 2maro for their sub standard services for all the applicants.
Hi Virgo 2012 , Its very relieving to hear that you got it. Congratulations! That means at least 2nd July applications are being looked at now as I was there with you. But if I remember correctly, your turn was after mine, so I am again tense where my file is gone :-(

I have one question, what if UKBA does not give me decision until my visa has already expired? And after my visa expires, if they say my extension is not approved , Will I get chance to re-apply in person again or will I just be asked to leave the country as my visa will have expired by then? Hope it makes sense...
hi hema,

you will not get chance to reply again if you visa have expired. however they will give you chance to appeal.
in only one condition you can re-apply if you have valid leave to remain.
oh, thanks. Hoping and Praying now that it will be positive...

Roxy1983

Post by Roxy1983 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Congratulations those who got approval letter or visa...

missgolightly

Post by missgolightly » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:52 am

ryan2020 wrote:
missgolightly wrote:And just to further clarify to you all: I had 245 days total, however I had 120 days of annual leave entitlement so my total days absent fall below the 180 days rule.

For some reason this wasn't considered. Over the phone, the lady said I had been given the wrong advice and that annual leave entitlement doesn't necessarily get excluded. This goes against their own guidance and cases in the past, which were quoted by my lawyer in her covering letter.

She said on the phone that because I left the country for 90 days after being in the UK for 10 days, that "didn't look good". I guess it doesn't look good (I decided to get some travelling and family visiting out of the way before getting a job) however that statement isn't part of any legal guidance and I think it some kind of discretion being used by some incompetent people in Liverpool.

Wish me luck on Tier 1 renewal!!
Hi Missgolightly

sorry to hear about your visa but still you should be happy that they didn't send you refusal after your leave have expired.
Did you apply on 28 days window ?

can you clear about your absences

'I had 245 days total, however I had 120 days of annual leave entitlement so my total days absent fall below the 180 days rule.'

does you absences were 245 or 120 ??? leave entitlement is 180 days in 5 years period including paid/unpaid/business trip Excluding more than 90 days in a stretch or totaling to more than 180 days.

if you have 245 days out of country i believe you have exceeded the entitlement.

have they refuse you on 245 days ? or 90 days.

But its Greater than 90 days not 90 days... even you have to give brief / accepted reason for 90 days even.

'She said on the phone that because I left the country for 90 days after being in the UK for 10 days, that "didn't look good".'

you mean you arrived in the country and after 10 days you left UK for 90 days ? is this correct ?

so your lawyer writes in covering letter that this will go against your guidance notes in the past cases. Personally i don't like this you are writing to CW and telling that in previous cases it was against ukba etc... make CW no good.

I have seen your posts Please can you list every thing like whom you write , complains etc so if any one like to do that they have all the info.

thanks
Hi Ryan, you'll have to excuse my absence from this forum, I have been taking all my time to file my Tier 1 renewal which went into the post yesterday. This should be a guaranteed.

to update you on the further feedback I've had, and to make everyone aware of my case:
-My immigration consultants (who actually I have found out are not registered solicitors so I will stop calling them lawyers) have never had a case refused such as mine and are in total shock and will write to the home office to say they have made an error
-The Home Office actually doesn't have any written guidance specifically saying what is the practice which is: you can total you days of absence, and then disregard all annual leave entitlement, and if that is below 180 days, you are fine
-The reason for my refusal wasn't the 90 days, as I didn't have more and that would be fine, the reason quoted was too many days of absence, and the caseworker, according to my consultants has not applied the guidance correctly as she seems to forget that we are allowed 180 days AFTER disregarding annual leave entitlement
-I have had a barrister (someone who is a trained registered barrister who works for a court of justice-luckily a good friend of mine) explain to me that in fact there are no set rules around the 180 days, it sounds like it's just a common practice, therefore the Home Office although probably deciding out of line with thousands of other cases like mine, are not technically or legally wrong
-It seems I have been very unlucky, and I am investigating if I have been given bad advice from my immigration consultants, however I am very exhausted by all this and as luckily my refusal letter was over a week before my leave expires, I am 100% still okay
-I have complained to the UKBA directly about the Premium service, The Home Office directly (Got a bounceback), and alerted Watch Dog and channel 4 news. I plan on contacting the Parliamentary Ombudsman at some point (phone number 03450154033, email phso.equiries@ombudsman.org.uk). I will also write to my MP about my case as my consultants really insist the home office have made an error. I may also complain to the Immigration authority over my consultants if need be, not relevant to all of you.

Really the worst part for me is the travel I will likely be missing due to the postal applications taking weeks, and the impending strike likely not going to help.

Has anyone renewed a Tier 1 recently? How long did it take? My friend took 6 weeks in March.

Also I have to RETAKE my biometrics even though I already took them.

Virgo: I'm so happy for you!! best of luck to all, it will take time but you'll all get an answer. My case took weeks, and that was with additional work needed due to my absences.

Also, btw it is standard to quote cases in covering letters, my good friend had a similar situation to mine, same case quoted, same consultant and she got her ILR no problem.

cyqi
Newly Registered

Post by cyqi » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi, just let you guys know that my ILR has been approved and received confirmation, documents and Boimetric yesterday. What a relief. Thanks for everyone sharing.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:01 am

Hi Miss,

still its unclear about your absences. did you arrive and after 10 days you went away from UK . is that true ?

what replies you got from watch dog and channel 4 pls ?

please update so we will be ready to complain whenever its required.

do you think UKBA will refund some money back etc.

is there any benefit for doing this ????

please members comment and discuss this.

thxxx

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:03 am

hi virgo,

any update on your complains etc

please let us know..

thxx

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:10 am

virgo2012 wrote:pls chk the following link
http://www.davidsonmorris.com/dmblog/
hi virgo... quite a good and usefull info.

you know what it mean that from 2003 all the rules placed by HO are invalid ?

kkay_30
Newly Registered

Post by kkay_30 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:22 am

missgolightly wrote:I just had a genius idea, I called customer services at DX to see if they had something in their system on it's way to me. they were able to do this without a tracking number.

they have said there is nothing on the way to me, so now I am more panicked but I guess slightly less guesswork.

if you want to call like I did, i recommend calling the second number and asking to be put through to a human being.

http://www.thedx.co.uk/contactus/

good luck friends.
i just wanted to thank the forum again and missgolightly - for all the brilliant ideas and information shared on this forum. even after getting my approval letter, today's the 7th working day and i still hadnt received my BRP by post so I took your advice and called DX to check - and they DO have it for me and due to deliver tomorrow - i was even able to change the delivery to my work address in order to avoid going to pick it up later.:)

So if anyone else is waiting - its definitely worth giving them a call, and even getting the delivery address changed to work (ONLY).

Hope things get sorted with you soon and somehow you manage to make it for your holiday!.

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

ILR Applied on 5 th July Croydon PEO delayed

Post by tamilmaran » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:12 pm

My wife and my KID have applied for ILR in Croydon office ( Premium service on 5th July appointment at 10:50).Biometrics done by 11:30.Informed System was slow, so documents checked by 4:30. Asked to submit additional documents which was promptly done. Now three weeks later, still not heard from UKBA. Anxious days and sleepless nights.

More problem, because, I am on Tier -1 dependent ( and as I have not completed 2 years,could not apply for ILR )

My current dependent visa runs out in two weeks. My burning questions are

1. What will happen if my wife's ILR does not come in two weeks time- do I have to leave the country and re apply from outside UK ? Has anyone done this?

2. If her ILR gets rejected ( one absence over 90 days for medical reasons- but who knows what UKBA finds acceptable?) Does she have to apply for Tier 1 extension?

3. Most importantly, if this decision comes after her current leave to remain expires, what is her immigration status? Will she still be able to apply for Tier 1 extension from here ?

Extremely anxious as getting closer to the date .... immediate advice on this is highly appreciated

Regards

swapnil.w
Newly Registered

Post by swapnil.w » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:06 pm

orcas wrote:Guys, just to keep you posted, I received my approval letter today, so it seems they are going through the applications sent to liverpool from croydon.
Will update once i receive the card
Hi,
Congratulations. Did you receive printed visa on your passport or Is it just the Biometric with Visa on it?

Regards,
Swapnil.

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

Post by Rohaya74 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi all,

Upon posting and replying to this thread a few weeks ago, I sent an email to our local MP and received a reply from them within the same day. My ILR has been approved and biometric card received.

Thanks again everyone and God Bless.

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:21 am

Dear Hema177
What is your upto date status for your ILR.

swapnil.w
Newly Registered

Post by swapnil.w » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:42 am

Hi All,

Just to let you know that I have received my documents yesterday and BRP today. My case was registered on 17th July when Croydon PEO had system crashdown and many of us told to submit the documents. I was also told to complete the bio metrics and submit the documents under premium service. After 5 days I received a call from UKBA.

I am just trying to convey that things are progressing but not as expected and priced. I am still going to file a compliant and request for refund of difference between postal and premium fees. I will keep you updated.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:20 am

swapnil.w wrote:Hi All,

Just to let you know that I have received my documents yesterday and BRP today. My case was registered on 17th July when Croydon PEO had system crashdown and many of us told to submit the documents. I was also told to complete the bio metrics and submit the documents under premium service. After 5 days I received a call from UKBA.

I am just trying to convey that things are progressing but not as expected and priced. I am still going to file a compliant and request for refund of difference between postal and premium fees. I will keep you updated.
Ya please let us know the complain procedure and outcome.