ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Patience4
Newly Registered

Post by Patience4 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this forum for a while and it is very helpful and supportive! Do you know whether new family imigration rules applies to EU nationals, or only to British nationals?

I am EU national and my husband is non EEA national. We got married and applied for RC on 1 February 2012. Still waiting for RC. Don't expect to get it before 6 months pass. Just he overstayed his visa and wondering how much it will have impact on our application.

Many thanks

Goody1613
Newly Registered

Post by Goody1613 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Patience4 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have been following this forum for a while and it is very helpful and supportive! Do you know whether new family imigration rules applies to EU nationals, or only to British nationals?

I am EU national and my husband is non EEA national. We got married and applied for RC on 1 February 2012. Still waiting for RC. Don't expect to get it before 6 months pass. Just he overstayed his visa and wondering how much it will have impact on our application.

Many thanks
Hi there!

The new family immigration rules should NOT apply to the EEA routes.
As you've got your COA, you shouldn't worry about your overstayed visa, it's because the COA is valid until a decision is made by the HO. Just need to wait and see!

Chris

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:49 pm

[quote="benu"][quote="zubby007"][quote="benu"]Hello friends,
Applied for EEA2 on 9th March
Received COA after 2 months!! (As per rules if several weeks have passed, and still waiting for COA we can call HO to check,, so had to call HO before that)
Since then still waiting for RC!!
4 1/2 months so far no luck yet! :cry:
Anyone else in same situation?
Members, what do you suggest? Shall I call them as I did for my COA? or shall I wait? Because they say that we cannot call them to inquire about the progress as it MIGHT delay the process,, not sure what to do :?

Any suggestions or any experience from similar situations please?

Thanks and regards! :)[/quote]

Your case is not the worst I suggest you wait until 2weeks before the 6months.[/quote]

Thanks zubby007 for your suggestion,, my case is not that simple as it seems,, this is the second time i applied after they requested for additional documents,, sorry should have mentioned before,, my actual case:

[b]1st attempt:[/b]
EEA2 [b]application sent in mid-December 2011[/b]
After 2 months received all documents back asking for additional documents to support my EEA partner is exercising treaty rights (she is unemployed so I sent some job application letters and some rejection letters to show she is job seeker)
Apparently these were not enough and UKBA asked me to send documents which shows that she has registered as an unemployed with Jobcentre plus. So my [b]application was declined and I received all the documents back around first week of Feb 2012[/b]

So we went to Job centre plus and applied for Job seeks allowance, as there is nothing like 'registering as unemployed'. The only thing you can do there if you are unemployed is to register for Jobseekers allowance. Job centre plus gave us several appointments which we have to attend on regular basis. We did this for the full month of february till then we collected some documents which atleast showed that we were in touch with Job centre plus regarding my partners unemployment and were actively looking for some jobs.

[b]2nd attempt:[/b]
[b]9th march 2012 [/b]with the additional supporting documents - Letters from job centre plus as much I can collect , Job application letters and employment refusal letters.
[b]Received COA after 2 months [/b]- last week of April 2012 (have to ring HO as several weeks were gone after my application date, the operator said that the documents were yet to be validated hence they have not yet released the COA, but thanks to God Almighty, received it just one week after calling them),, was bit relaxed as this time my documents were atleast accepted and they sent me COA confirming that I can continue working till my case is decided.
Now today its mid- July 2012 but still waiting for any reply.
[b]4 1/2 months[/b] so far in my second attempt.

The [b]total time[/b] since my first attempt is [b]almost over 7 months[/b] and still fighting.

I have no worries in waiting for another 1 1/2 month to complete 6 months since my second attempt but the only thing that worries me is [b]why is it taking so long if they have accepted and verified my documents? [/b]
Also I want to ask you out of your experience, [b]what are the chances of application getting through once the COA is issued?[/b] I mean, are there any cases in which applications were been turned down even after COA confirming right to work is issued?

Can you please guide me in this regards?
Really appreciate your time and suggestions.
Thanks and kind regards,[/list][/quote]

Yea got that but your 1st attempt won't count since they HO returned all your documents, so your timeline start from the day HO received your 2nd Application which start some time in Feb.

benu
Newly Registered

March Applicant

Post by benu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:57 pm

EQ wrote:Hi guys, see my signature for my timeline. Im a March applicant :)
Hello EQ,
Mine is almost same case as yours.
EEA2 applied on 9th March 2012
COA received on 1st May dated 24th April
Requested my EEA partners ID back on 14th May
Received my EEA partners ID back on 18th May
Since then waiting for the outcome.
Will update you as soon as I get any response, kindly do the same, coz we might get a reply from them more or less the same time.
Hope for the best,, all the best! :wink:

benu
Newly Registered

Post by benu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:04 pm

zubby007 wrote:
benu wrote:
zubby007 wrote:
benu wrote:Hello friends,
Received COA after 2 months!! (As per rules if several weeks have passed, and still waiting for COA we can call HO to check,, so had to call HO before that)
Members, what do you suggest? Shall I call them as I did for my COA? or shall I wait? Because they say that we cannot call them to inquire about the progress as it MIGHT delay the process,, not sure what to do :?

Thanks and regards! :)

Your case is not the worst I suggest you wait until 2weeks before the 6months.
Thanks zubby007 for your suggestion,, my case is not that simple as it seems,, this is the second time i applied after they requested for additional documents,, sorry should have mentioned before,, my actual case:

1st attempt:
EEA2 application sent in mid-December 2011
After 2 months received all documents back asking for additional documents to support my EEA partner is exercising treaty rights (she is unemployed so I sent some job application letters and some rejection letters to show she is job seeker)
Apparently these were not enough and UKBA asked me to send documents which shows that she has registered as an unemployed with Jobcentre plus. So my application was declined and I received all the documents back around first week of Feb 2012

So we went to Job centre plus and applied for Job seeks allowance, as there is nothing like 'registering as unemployed'. The only thing you can do there if you are unemployed is to register for Jobseekers allowance. Job centre plus gave us several appointments which we have to attend on regular basis. We did this for the full month of february till then we collected some documents which atleast showed that we were in touch with Job centre plus regarding my partners unemployment and were actively looking for some jobs.

2nd attempt:
9th march 2012 with the additional supporting documents - Letters from job centre plus as much I can collect , Job application letters and employment refusal letters.
Received COA after 2 months - last week of April 2012 (have to ring HO as several weeks were gone after my application date, the operator said that the documents were yet to be validated hence they have not yet released the COA, but thanks to God Almighty, received it just one week after calling them),, was bit relaxed as this time my documents were atleast accepted and they sent me COA confirming that I can continue working till my case is decided.
4 1/2 months so far in my second attempt.

The total time since my first attempt is almost over 7 months and still fighting.

I have no worries in waiting for another 1 1/2 month to complete 6 months since my second attempt but the only thing that worries me is why is it taking so long if they have accepted and verified my documents?
Also I want to ask you out of your experience, what are the chances of application getting through once the COA is issued? I mean, are there any cases in which applications were been turned down even after COA confirming right to work is issued?

Thanks and kind regards,[/list]

Yea got that but your 1st attempt won't count since they HO returned all your documents, so your timeline start from the day HO received your 2nd Application which start some time in Feb.
Hello again zubby007,, thanks for your reply. Yes you are right, the 6 month rule will start from the date of my 2nd application.
Zubby007, what are the chances of applications getting through once you receive your COA with right to work? Is it a positive sign? what is your experience?

Thanks again! Cheers! :)

benu
Newly Registered

Post by benu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Goody1613 wrote:Good Morning All!!

I just received the RC today !!! * )

Timeline as follows:

First application of EEA2: End of Dec,2011 and then returned to us in January due to insufficient evidence.

Second application: 31-Jan,2012.

COA with work permit received in the end of Feb.

RC received today (13-July), dated 10-July.

They sent me back with my special delivery envelope (as a surprise).

I never called and checked the status as the deadline would only end in the end of this month, so didn't feel the need to.

I am a married applicant from Hong Kong, with my husband from Spain. Got married in Spain in 2010, and just returned to the UK in Nov, 2011.

P.S.: Been reading all the time in this forum and now finally can have my own post, it feels fantastic. Thanks for all the posts! I felt so good in this forum, together with all the other applicants, keeping me company! (very important!) Do let me know in case you got any problems and issues regarding this EEA2 application, I'll do my best to answer! Meanwhile, ALL the BEST to ALL applicants!! Have a lovely Friday! * )
Hello Goody1613, congratulations for your RC.
Even I have applied again when my documents were returned stating lack of evidence showing my EEA partner is exercising treaty rights. (She is unemployed). After that we went to jobcentre plus and applied for job seeker's allowance so that we can prove that she is actively looking for job and she is in touch with them to find some job. during this process we collected some correspondence letters of jobcentre plus and attached them with my 2nd application as an evidence to show that my EEA family member is a job seeker and is exercising treaty rights. this time they accepted the documents and sent me COA confirming right to work in UK till my application is decided.

my time line so far is as follows:
EEA2 applied on 9th March 2012
COA received on 1st May dated 24th April
Requested my EEA partners ID back on 14th May
Received my EEA partners ID back on 18th May
Since then waiting for the outcome.

were your documents sent back for the same reason as mine? what do you think of my chances of getting a positive response?

Will really appreciate your feedback. Cheers! :)

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:12 pm

[quote="benu"][quote="zubby007"][quote="benu"][quote="zubby007"][quote="benu"]Hello friends,

Thanks and regards! :)[/quote]

Your case is not the worst I suggest you wait until 2weeks before the 6months.[/quote]

[b]1st attempt:[/b]
EEA2 [b]application sent in mid-December 2011[/b]
Apparently these were not enough and UKBA asked me to send documents which shows that she has registered as an unemployed with Jobcentre plus. So my [b]application was declined and I received all the documents back around first week of Feb 2012[/b]

[b]2nd attempt:[/b]
[b]9th march 2012 [/b]with the additional supporting documents - Letters from job centre plus as much I can collect , Job application letters and employment refusal letters.
[b]Received COA after 2 months [/b]- last week of April 2012 (have to ring HO as several weeks were gone after my application date, the operator said that the documents were yet to be validated hence they have not yet released the COA, but thanks to God Almighty, received it just one week after calling them),, was bit relaxed as this time my documents were atleast accepted and they sent me COA confirming that I can continue working till my case is decided.
[b]4 1/2 months[/b] so far in my second attempt.

The [b]total time[/b] since my first attempt is [b]almost over 7 months[/b] and still fighting.

I have no worries in waiting for another 1 1/2 month to complete 6 months since my second attempt but the only thing that worries me is [b]why is it taking so long if they have accepted and verified my documents? [/b]
Also I want to ask you out of your experience, [b]what are the chances of application getting through once the COA is issued?[/b] I mean, are there any cases in which applications were been turned down even after COA confirming right to work is issued?

Thanks and kind regards,[/list][/quote]

Yea got that but your 1st attempt won't count since they HO returned all your documents, so your timeline start from the day HO received your 2nd Application which start some time in Feb.[/quote]

Hello again zubby007,, thanks for your reply. Yes you are right, the 6 month rule will start from the date of my 2nd application.
Zubby007, what are the chances of applications getting through once you receive your COA with right to work? Is it a positive sign? what is your experience?

Thanks again! Cheers! :)[/quote]

Once you received your COA that signify the HO acceptance of your Application, however HO still have to make their decision on or before the 6months rule.

benu
Newly Registered

Post by benu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:31 pm

zubby007 wrote:
benu wrote:
zubby007 wrote:
benu wrote:

1st attempt:
EEA2 application sent in mid-December 2011
Apparently these were not enough and UKBA asked me to send documents which shows that she has registered as an unemployed with Jobcentre plus. So my application was declined and I received all the documents back around first week of Feb 2012

2nd attempt:
9th march 2012 with the additional supporting documents - Letters from job centre plus as much I can collect , Job application letters and employment refusal letters.
Received COA after 2 months - last week of April 2012 (have to ring HO as several weeks were gone after my application date, the operator said that the documents were yet to be validated hence they have not yet released the COA, but thanks to God Almighty, received it just one week after calling them),, was bit relaxed as this time my documents were atleast accepted and they sent me COA confirming that I can continue working till my case is decided.
4 1/2 months so far in my second attempt.

The total time since my first attempt is almost over 7 months and still fighting.

I have no worries in waiting for another 1 1/2 month to complete 6 months since my second attempt but the only thing that worries me is why is it taking so long if they have accepted and verified my documents?
Also I want to ask you out of your experience, what are the chances of application getting through once the COA is issued? I mean, are there any cases in which applications were been turned down even after COA confirming right to work is issued?

Thanks and kind regards,[/list]

Thanks again! Cheers! :)

Once you received your COA that signify the HO acceptance of your Application, however HO still have to make their decision on or before the 6months rule.
Alright , thanks for yr reply :)

mirabalmaniglia
Newly Registered

Post by mirabalmaniglia » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:20 am

Hello Everybody finally I received my RC my time line was

EEA1 & EEA2 sent: 09-02-12
HO Received: 10-02-12
COA received: 28-03-12
Passport requested on april and received within 5 days
RC and EEA1 received 20-07-12 dated 11-07-12

Best regards.

kingade

Post by kingade » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:56 pm

mirabalmaniglia wrote:Hello Everybody finally I received my RC my time line was

Best regards.
Congratulations for your RC. Apart from your passport request did you call HO during the waiting time.
Thanks

kamransh
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kamransh » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:47 pm

mirabalmaniglia wrote:Hello Everybody finally I received my RC my time line was

Best regards.
I applied EEA1 and EEA2 on 29th June and then requested my partner's passport on 9th July by email. Haven't heard anything back.

She needs to travel for work end of this month and despite calling them twice and emailing them 4 times we haven't received anything yet.

Please advise the best way to request it back.

mirabalmaniglia
Newly Registered

Post by mirabalmaniglia » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:53 pm

[quote="kingade"][quote="mirabalmaniglia"]Hello Everybody finally I received my RC my time line was

Best regards.[/quote]
Congratulations for your RC. Apart from your passport request did you call HO during the waiting time.
Thanks[/quote]

yes like 100 times but they never told me nothing about my process so 2 weeks ago I decided just wait for my 6 months and stop calling and it came.

Regards.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:01 pm

[quote="mirabalmaniglia"]Hello Everybody finally I received my RC my time line was

Best regards.[/quote]

Good news of the week.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:15 pm

[quote="mirabalmaniglia"][quote="kingade"][quote="mirabalmaniglia"]Hello Everybody finally I received my RC my time line was

Best regards.[/quote]
Thanks[/quote]

yes like 100 times but they never told me nothing about my process so 2 weeks ago I decided just wait for my 6 months and stop calling and it came.

Regards.[/quote]

Best decision to go about HO in terms of EEA Applications is NOT to call, unless you're calling to request for your Passport return.However it is advisable to call HO if you haven't receive your COA for up to 8weeks.

onthemoon
Newly Registered

how can delay the process by calling

Post by onthemoon » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:36 pm

this is completely bullshit that Home Office said that donot call because it will delay the process.
how it possible ?

Alibg30
Newly Registered

Got my husband's RC!!!!

Post by Alibg30 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:17 pm

So finally we received the RC for my husband, valid for 5 years.
EEA2 Application send 13th Feb 2012
HO received 14th Feb 2012
COA received 14th March 2012
RC received 21st July 2012

They are finally moving!! Thank you for your comments and support.

Alicia

el_fer
Newly Registered

Post by el_fer » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:55 pm

I am without CoA still...I´m waiting... Application sent 11thMay. 10 weeks and I have lost some opportunities to work because this letter. Yes, I am a EEA Family member, I am under European law, I can work, off course, but I can´t prove it!!!!!

I have sent e-mails, calling and nothing...

I am feeling so bad...

There is anyone in the same case?

Thank you.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:18 pm

[quote="el_fer"]I am without CoA still...I´m waiting... Application sent 11thMay. 10 weeks and I have lost some opportunities to work because this letter. Yes, I am a EEA Family member, I am under European law, I can work, off course, but I can´t prove it!!!!!

I have sent e-mails, calling and nothing...

I am feeling so bad...

There is anyone in the same case?

Thank you.[/quote]

Ring HO and ask them, you want to Confirm if your Application have been log in.

achour34
Newly Registered

COA

Post by achour34 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:52 pm

i have made an EEA2 application on the 11th May and not received my COA yet ....what should i do to contact them their phone is always busy !!

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: COA

Post by zubby007 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:58 pm

[quote="achour34"]i have made an EEA2 application on the 11th May and not received my COA yet ....what should i do to contact them their phone is always busy !![/quote]

Most time you may wait up to 15-20mins or longer.

achour34
Newly Registered

Post by achour34 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:54 pm

zubby007 wrote:
achour34 wrote:i have made an EEA2 application on the 11th May and not received my COA yet ....what should i do to contact them their phone is always busy !!

Most time you may wait up to 15-20mins or longer.
I called today and was in the queue for over 30min I spoke to some one and he said they haven't send me my COA yet because they haven't process my application at all .......it more then two months ….he said I should wait or send them a letter .

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:25 pm

[quote="achour34"][quote="zubby007"][quote="achour34"]i have made an EEA2 application on the 11th May and not received my COA yet ....what should i do to contact them their phone is always busy !![/quote]

Most time you may wait up to 15-20mins or longer.[/quote]

I called today and was in the queue for over 30min I spoke to some one and he said they haven't send me my COA yet because they haven't process my application at all .......it more then two months ….he said I should wait or send them a letter .[/quote]

So I suggest you wait since they (HO) Confirm to have received your Application you will be fine mate.

Raymondel
Newly Registered

Post by Raymondel » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Hello!

I'm eastern european married to asian wife. It's over 5 months while we are waiting for RC, and I don't believe my wife will get it on time. It's very difficult for us because she is unable to find any full time job, only jobs she gets are temporary part time jobs on weekends, which may be good for students looking to earn some extra cash, but you can't pay for your living if you work just one or two days in a week. Now we both are living from my salary and as a result of this I have no savings... The only thing helping us to survive is bank account overdraft, thanks God I was eligible for it so I can spend some money in advance before I get my salary and I don't need to take loans with outrageous interests.

Recently it looked that it would change to better side because she got job in olympic, but employers didn't gave her olympic ID card because she didn't had a passport yet, so we requested her passport back but she still couldn't obtain olympic ID card because student visa in her passport is expired! They didn't cared that the COA clearly states that she is allowed to work within 6 months from application, and all this passport request was in vain!

Looking at all those misfortunes I have no hope anymore and I expect for the worst - that my wifes application will be delayed beyond 6 months or even refused...

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:59 pm

[quote="Raymondel"]Hello!

I'm eastern european married to asian wife. It's over 5 months while we are waiting for RC, and I don't believe my wife will get it on time. It's very difficult for us because she is unable to find any full time job, only jobs she gets are temporary part time jobs on weekends, which may be good for students looking to earn some extra cash, but you can't pay for your living if you work just one or two days in a week. Now we both are living from my salary and as a result of this I have no savings... The only thing helping us to survive is bank account overdraft, thanks God I was eligible for it so I can spend some money in advance before I get my salary and I don't need to take loans with outrageous interests.

Recently it looked that it would change to better side because she got job in olympic, but employers didn't gave her olympic ID card because she didn't had a passport yet, so we requested her passport back but she still couldn't obtain olympic ID card because student visa in her passport is expired! They didn't cared that the COA clearly states that she is allowed to work within 6 months from application, and all this passport request was in vain!

Looking at all those misfortunes I have no hope anymore and I expect for the worst - that my wifes application will be delayed beyond 6 months or even refused...[/quote]

You waited for over 5months, you can wait for the last 2-3weeks good luck .

kamransh
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by kamransh » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:27 pm

Here's my timeline so far

EEA1 & EEA2 Application send 29th June 2012
HO received 2nd July 2012
Requested passport (EU) 9th July 2012
Passport & COA received 23rd July 2012

I guess it's a long wait now for RC but I will email them again next month to check the status.