ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - Query About time outside UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaneforILR
Newly Registered

ILR Application - Query About time outside UK

Post by kaneforILR » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:42 am

Hi Guys,

Maybe this question has been answered previously, so grateful if you could provide me either the link or could answer me here.

My query is that, for my ILR application, I have spent 140 days outside UK on holidays/personal reasons and around additional 60 days for business reasons (a letter from my employer confirming business travel for these days is taken by me). How rigid is the requirement of "time spent outside uk". I see that on SET O form (as I am a Tier-1 applicant), they just ask couple of questions around 180 days in total and 90 days at a stretch.

What have been people's experience around this requirement?
Can people share their experience, or examples of situation when you did or did not get your ILR approved. I have checked the guidance, but nothing is clearly mentioned about this.

Grateful for your advice. Thanks in advance

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Application - Query About time outside UK

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:57 pm

kaneforILR wrote:Hi Guys,

Maybe this question has been answered previously, so grateful if you could provide me either the link or could answer me here.
Can people share their experience, or examples of situation when you did or did not get your ILR approved. I have checked the guidance, but nothing is clearly mentioned about this.

Isn't this forum already full of such experiences/information? Spending some time searching through the forum would help.

kaneforILR
Newly Registered

Post by kaneforILR » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:09 pm

[/quote]
Isn't this forum already full of such experiences/information? Spending some time searching through the forum would help.[/quote]
Thanks for your advice. Done that already. Hence needed comments from seniors seeking their view on the clause

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:11 pm

kaneforILR wrote:Hi Guys,

My query is that, for my ILR application, I have spent 140 days outside UK on holidays/personal reasons and around additional 60 days for business reasons (a letter from my employer confirming business travel for these days is taken by me). How rigid is the requirement of "time spent outside uk". I see that on SET O form (as I am a Tier-1 applicant), they just ask couple of questions around 180 days in total and 90 days at a stretch.

Have you read the information under the following sticky? Q16 is specifically related to absences & what's allowed.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

The rule is that you spend no more that a total of 180 days outside of the UK during your 5 year residency (economic migrants) and that no single absence is more than 90days. As with many other aspects there are exceptions for CW discretion depending on an individuals circumstances. One such exception where a employer letter can be used as evidence, is where absences have been work related where the employee is paid in the UK (i.e. economically active) during the period in question. If you want examples of different experiences, I'd recommend you search this forum as has aready been suggested. Note that every case will be different, so all information seen cannot necessarily be generalised and applied across the board.

kaneforILR
Newly Registered

Post by kaneforILR » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Thanks a lot cs95tdg. That does help. Appreciate your time and inputs