ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

Post by Dochtúir » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:50 pm

I applied on the basis of 5 yrs residency i am working as a doctor

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:58 pm

I think dat is a generic reply sent to people when the application is still being processed.

Many people i know have got that reply when asked status of their application from INIS.

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

Post by Dochtúir » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:32 pm

But after how long it they got proper response

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:55 pm

[quote="Dochtúir"]But after how long it they got proper response[/quote]
I get this response every time I try to contact them. And so does most of the people I know.

courny

Post by courny » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:22 pm

hi all.
sorry to distract people but was wondering if anyone could advise me on my case.
I came to ireland as a minor dependent on a join parent visa. was 16 at the time. Now both my parents are naturalized irish citizens and I am 26 years old now and working as self employed dentist.
Applied for citizenship based on irish association in nov 2011. got reference number end of Jan 2012. I had a stamp 2 when i submitted by application and end of november i got a stamp 4 based on my parents citizenship. Could anyone advised wether my application will be successful and as to when should expect to get my approval?
any help will be greatly appreciated.
:)

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

Post by Dochtúir » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:21 pm

blessed_sinner wrote:
Dochtúir wrote:But after how long it they got proper response
I get this response every time I try to contact them. And so does most of the people I know.
but you applied in January 2012 how many times you have contacted the dept

eskaybee
Newly Registered

Minister on pending app's

Post by eskaybee » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:56 am

Here is Minister's recent statement. Please review

http://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id= ... -19.1805.0

Soco

Dose that affect my application?

Post by Soco » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:59 am

I applied for Irish citizenship end of January based on 5 years working.
I got stamp 4 in January 2012.
I become redundant end of May and I got anther job permanent! Not my area and 20K
My wife is not working. Theo work will cover me and wife on VHI health insurance.

Dose salary affects my application! :roll:

Thanks

Soco

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:02 am

[quote="blessed_sinner"][quote="seraph"]If your application is a 'standard case' I think you will be called for October 2012 ceremony. So you'll get invitation during September.[/quote]

Hi All, you are a great bunch of people and I appreciate your information sharing.

I am in Ireland since 2002 and on work visa since 2004. I was married to an Irish citizen in 2010 and my visa was transferred to spouse visa.

I applied for my citizenship in December 2011 on behalf of 5 years work visa but I did send them information of my marriage as well.

Do you think my application would be treated as working visa or as spouse of Irish citizen? Also do you think I would get my invitation this year.

I appreciate your help. I would be sharing information with you all as a lot of my friends got their passports.[/quote]

Any advise on the following would be much appreciated.

Hi All, you are a great bunch of people and I appreciate your information sharing.

I am in Ireland since 2002 and on work visa since 2004. I was married to an Irish citizen in 2010 and my visa was transferred to spouse visa.

I applied for my citizenship in December 2011 on behalf of 5 years work visa but I did send them information of my marriage as well.

Do you think my application would be treated as working visa or as spouse of Irish citizen? Also do you think I would get my invitation this year.

I appreciate your help. I would be sharing information with you all as a lot of my friends got their passports.

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:34 am

blessed_sinner wrote:
blessed_sinner wrote:
seraph wrote:If your application is a 'standard case' I think you will be called for October 2012 ceremony. So you'll get invitation during September.

I appreciate your help. I would be sharing information with you all as a lot of my friends got their passports.
Any advise on the following would be much appreciated.

I think you have more chance with your application as 5 years working permit/visa than as Irish spouse, most of the 08,09,10 backlog is filled with Irish and EU spouse

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:04 pm

I think you have more chance with your application as 5 years working permit/visa than as Irish spouse, most of the 08,09,10 backlog is filled with Irish and EU spouse[/quote]
Hi KS, thanks. So you think they will treat my application as 5 years?

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:26 pm

blessed_sinner wrote:I think you have more chance with your application as 5 years working permit/visa than as Irish spouse, most of the 08,09,10 backlog is filled with Irish and EU spouse

I dont agree with you. The back log consists of various applications with not only irish spouse or EU applications but 5 years reckonable residency.

I am one of those that applied in mid 2010 and i am still waiting on a response from INIS. I know quite a few people still waiting as well.

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:34 pm

dont worry dear freinds, Allen Shatter is man of his Word he is very hard working person !!

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:56 pm

minniepoe wrote:
blessed_sinner wrote:I think you have more chance with your application as 5 years working permit/visa than as Irish spouse, most of the 08,09,10 backlog is filled with Irish and EU spouse

I dont agree with you. The back log consists of various applications with not only irish spouse or EU applications but 5 years reckonable residency.

I am one of those that applied in mid 2010 and i am still waiting on a response from INIS. I know quite a few people still waiting as well.
Sorry I wanted to highlight that working Permit and visa are in the fast track when I mentionned Irish and EU spouse

dania

Post by dania » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:19 am

BANDAR wrote:dont worry dear freinds, Allen Shatter is man of his Word he is very hard working person !!
I wish he would have been the minister in the last government ,so we would be in better position now but any way I do hope he will keep his words and the backlog from last years will be clear by the end of 2012 .
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

ardee

Post by ardee » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:27 am

[quote="courny"]hi all.
sorry to distract people but was wondering if anyone could advise me on my case.
I came to ireland as a minor dependent on a join parent visa. was 16 at the time. Now both my parents are naturalized irish citizens and I am 26 years old now and working as self employed dentist.
Applied for citizenship based on irish association in nov 2011. got reference number end of Jan 2012. I had a stamp 2 when i submitted by application and end of november i got a stamp 4 based on my parents citizenship. Could anyone advised wether my application will be successful and as to when should expect to get my approval?

I am not sure it will sail through as you must have one year reckownable residence prior to submitting your Application. You claimed to be on stamp 2 at the time of submitting your Application in Nov 2011.Stamp 2 is non reckownable and that is where the problem lies. Any how you could be lucky. Let's keep finger crossed and see what happens. Good Luck

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Re: Dose that affect my application?

Post by sun_in_rome » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:26 am

Soco wrote:I applied for Irish citizenship end of January based on 5 years working.
I got stamp 4 in January 2012.
I become redundant end of May and I got anther job permanent! Not my area and 20K
My wife is not working. Theo work will cover me and wife on VHI health insurance.

Dose salary affects my application! :roll:

Thanks

Soco
I don't think salary amount matters once you are not getting any social welfare!!!

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:30 am

ardee wrote:
courny wrote:hi all.

I am not sure it will sail through as you must have one year reckownable residence prior to submitting your Application. You claimed to be on stamp 2 at the time of submitting your Application in Nov 2011.Stamp 2 is non reckownable and that is where the problem lies. Any how you could be lucky. Let's keep finger crossed and see what happens. Good Luck

I do agree with Ardee here stamp 2 is not reckownable but any thing can happen they might take this as special case as you got your reference number...

eskaybee
Newly Registered

Post by eskaybee » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:29 am

kike
Newly Registered

Post by kike » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:56 pm

hi all! sorry for the distraction, but i need your opinion.. I applied for Irish citizenship in mid 2011 based on 5 years residency and still waiting for a reply. But something weird happened. My husband lives in Finland, and he is on work permit visa. He normally applies for visiting visa to come and visit me here in Ireland. It is always granted, he has collected up to 7 vising visa since 2010 and he always has to pay the visa fee since i only have a stamp 4. but recently, he applied and he wanted to pay but the immigration officer at the counter told him he doesn't have to pay as he is a family member of an EEA citizen. He explained to the man that i only have a stamp 4, the officer then collected his documents saying he will double check again. he came back again and still said he doesn't have to pay. The weirdest thing is that i am still waiting for a reply concerning my citizenship. I am abit confused because i still called the citizenship department last month and i was told t wait till December for a decision. I don't understand what is going on.

nissa

Post by nissa » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:11 pm

very wired until we will not take the oath of fertility we cant be a citizen and enjoy citizenship rights.2nd thing after getting citizenship certificate and travel document the onus is on us to inform the inis dept about our citizenship.

kike
Newly Registered

Post by kike » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:48 pm

That's why i'm confused. My husband mentioned it to the immigration officer at the counter that i don't have an Irish passport yet and he said the officer said i am waive the fee because you are the spouse of an Irish. Although my parents are naturalized already, i don't think think its because of them. Because he has always payed for all the visa he has collected. My parents have been naturalized since 2010.

ardee

Post by ardee » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:56 am

kike wrote:That's why i'm confused. My husband mentioned it to the immigration officer at the counter that i don't have an Irish passport yet and he said the officer said i am waive the fee because you are the spouse of an Irish. Although my parents are naturalized already, i don't think think its because of them. Because he has always payed for all the visa he has collected. My parents have been naturalized since 2010.
I really do not understand the problem here. If they asked your spouse not to pay, i think that is to your advantage. Just leave the issue as it is and move on. Some one may be mixing up names, it could be the person treating your spouse application is mixig up ur name with that of your parents that were naturalised in 2010, if i were you i will just keep quiet about it, afterall u have been promised to await approval of ur own application by December.

nissa

Post by nissa » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:13 pm

any new approvels. No news on forum about more approvels on this forum since last week looked like doj have done 4000 approvals already for august ceremony.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:38 pm

nissa wrote:any new approvels. No news on forum about more approvels on this forum since last week looked like doj have done 4000 approvals already for august ceremony.
Seems to be the case , I think the way they are working is quite effective 4000 approvals every 3 months is quite good !