ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:16 pm

ZyRon33 wrote:HI,

6 months and 1 day and still no decision (via premium application)
which PEO you applied ? what was your case/absences etc ?

Do any one knows If we want to complain that we have paid Premium Fees then why we have to wait for so long ??

yquestion26
Newly Registered

Post by yquestion26 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:45 am

Hi ZyRon33,

Sorry for the delay responding, I've dug out the guidance. UKBA seem to contradict themselves a bit with this so not sure it will help you push your application along but hopefully provide a certain level of comfort.

As mentioned - I think we are both in the same boat where our company was taken over by a parent company, with nothing else changing.

Link 1 is guidance for the caseworker which talks about "When an applicant's company has a parent company takeover, they will accept certain change of employment circumstances" which eludes to the fact that the caseworker should be looking for a TCE form completed.

This contradicts itself in the latest (And previous versions) guidance for applicants/sponsors in the second link below. I've outlined a section which talks about "In the event of a takeover where employment conditions/job hasn't changed".

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

190. A change of employment application is not required for other changes to your job. For
example if you are remaining with the same employer and change jobs to a different job
within the same SOC code, your pay increases, or you are moving under TUPE (or similar)
protection due to takeover, merger, or de-merger or any other circumstances in which
TUPE is triggered.

With regards to complaining, I emailed the parliamentary ombudsman last week and got a phone call from them yesterday stating that they can only accept complaints for the UKBA service from my MP. So given I've already had my MP chase up the UKBA, my MP needs to write and email/letter to the parliamentary ombudsman on my behalf (Which I'm not sure if they will do yet as it may not have reached the time threshold but will try.

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Does any body know the contact number or email of UK BA to contact please?

Is there any way to find the status of application please?

ZyRon33
Newly Registered

Post by ZyRon33 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:09 pm

@ Bash100, No option at all. Hope you get yours soon.

@ yquestion26, Thanks for all the info. I have rang UKBA yesterday and they said that no decision has been made at the moment. I will chase them again next week. Don't loose hope guys!

Regards,

ZyRon33

Roxy1983

Roxy

Post by Roxy1983 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi there.. i am a silent member in this forum and i am still waiting for my application decision:

Date Applied for ILR @ Croydon PEO: 29th June 2012
Time: Afternoon.

issued a letter for further enquiry but its 3rd week now, no response.

after couple of search in the websites and Wiki i think these are the things which usually delays the application process under premium services:

*) The biometric system across the UK. If you've done your biometric for the first time then UKBA cannot give decision on the same day until your Biometric data uploads across all UK vigilance centre so that your record can me match nationally or internationally crimes including Interpol.

*) Your absent period which UKBA confirms with airport data. The electronic gates (that the term used, but it means electronic system that monitors and track the no. of times you left country) should be updated. It take more time if in recent years you travelled to different countries using connecting flights.

*) If your application cannot shows on Live system (Which is recently introduced) then your immigration history should be checked by the previous case worker branch like sheffield etc etc..

*) If your details are not E-Borders system accross the world which detects any immigration crimes or others system like CAD CAM and warehouse,harm matrix etc etc which contains your immigration details. it take a week time atleast to get your data uploaded and live.

So i don't blame UKBA if they keep your file for further enquiry. If any of the system is down then it can delay case worker to decide the outcome of the file.

But i am still waiting for my visa approval...

:lol:

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Roxy

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:50 pm

hm quite good information.

i was reading some days before that when the applicant gives boi-metric in croydon it was matching with crime some thing so decision was not given on the same day. but you said it will upload the data and decision is not on same day.
usually they grant you ILR letter and advise that they will send bio-metrics in 7 days etc.
what if bio-metric matches any criminal activity ? then they will revoked his ilr or what ??

can you explain more what is live system ????

Roxy1983

Post by Roxy1983 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:10 pm

i am not sure how UKBA will deal,,i think it depends on the HARM Matrix.. there are 3 categories A,B C& D. A & B are serious offence however if an applicant falls under C or D then its more likely to get visa approval....

''‘Level of Harm’ categorisation
The agency is committed to a harm reduction agenda and all cases are now categorised
highest harm (A), high harm (B), medium harm (C) or low harm (D). The harm matrix allows
case owners to assess the level of harm on a case by case basis. The harm matrix must be
considered when establishing contact management arrangements and non-compliance
action.''
Last edited by Roxy1983 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Roxy1983 wrote:Yes its quite obvious to get refusal if any criminal record found on applicant.
it can't be.. because they check criminal record before decision. They can't check after decision. does n;t make sense to me

Roxy1983

Post by Roxy1983 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:17 pm

i am not sure to be honest but in may application everything is alright... my solicitor was sure that i will get ILR in a same day which apparently did happened but at last moment system issue was the barrier.... hopefully Sheffield office now solve the issue.

sapeyuk

Post by sapeyuk » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:06 pm

I would like to share my good news with you all and give everyone waiting a glimmer of hope, this forum has helped me enormously.

I applied for ILR on 06 June 2012 at Croydon PEO via premium service after 5 years ( 2 years HSMP + 3 years Tier General ) as a director of a limited company. Everything was fine but my absences. I had around 280 days absence in total, 180 days of it for business and the rest for holiday/personal trips. One of these business absences was 5 days more than the 90 days limit because I became severely ill and could not fly back to the UK before the 90 days limit.

I provided all medical documents proving that I was unable to fly back, a cover letter explaining everything, company documents, payslips, p60 s , etc.

The case worker told me that my application and documents are complete and assured me there is no extra document needed but a senior case officer should review my application before making a excision purely because I had one absence of more than 90 days at a stretch. She said we will here from them within 3 weeks.

This week, after waiting for 6 weeks and emailing UKBA 3 times for a progress update with no reply received, I decided to contact our local MP and ask him to contact the UKBA. I Sent him the email on Tuesday and today - Thursday - I received a letter from his office explaining that they have already contacted the UKBA and that our case is with e senior case officer now and we will here from the UKBA soon.

This afternoon I finally received the call I was waiting for with the good news that my application for ILR is approved and I can collect my passport tomorrow and I will receive the BRP card within 7 days. I am still amazed how quick and effective the MPs response was, I am really thankful to him.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone in this forum, you guys are amazing and a great source of help. Good luck to all of you who have applied and waiting, don't loose hope. I would recommend you contact your local MP, explain your situation and ask for help.

Best Regards,

Roxy1983

Post by Roxy1983 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:38 pm

congrats sapeyuk... all patience and stress paid off finally...

sapeyuk

Post by sapeyuk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Roxy1983 wrote:congrats sapeyuk... all patience and stress paid off finally...
Thanks a lot, wish you the best of luck too.

spaul
Newly Registered

Thanks everyone for your help!

Post by spaul » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:43 am

Our anxiety is finally over .. Just received a call from HO and surprisingly the same CW stating - "Our ILR have been granted. As I want to collect it myself, asked me to pop over to Croydon on Monday between 9 to 12 am and collect the documents. Our biometric cards would arrive at our home address within 5 working days"

Application Timeline -

Applied at PEO : 04/07/2012

Additional
Documentation
received at PEO : 10/07/2012

Escalated through Local MP on 16/07/2012

Home Office Call received: 21/07/2012

Passports
to be received on : 23/07/2012 at PEO Croydon

yet to receive Biometric cards

I applied as limited company director and supplied the following documents at the appointment:
1. Orgininal Personal Bank statements
2. Pay slips showing salary. ( I withdraw very less salary)
3. Original dividend vouchers and certified by FCCA accountant
4. Original FCCA accountant letter stating I am doing day to day management of my company and break down of my gross (i.e salary, dividend and tax credit etc)
5. Original Self Assessment tax statement (Form SA302 from HMRC) of current tax year

CW did not agree with me that "I am employee of my own company" and asked for more documents so I provided few additional documents on the same day:
1. Photocopies of last one year VAT statement

CW deferred my case asking for additional documents and asked to post following documents:
1. Original Business bank account statements
2. Original profit and loss account statements

I sent these Original business bank account statements and last 3 years profit and loss account statements on 10th July. In parallel escalated to local MP stressing the impact on my businesses (i.e non payment of VAt or corp taxes etc) and family if I dont get ILR etc. Received call this morning.

I must thank everyone in this forum. People here kept motivating us and helping us with information. It has been sleepless nights for last two weeks

Thanks you all.

Party time for us...

jollyjames
Newly Registered

Post by jollyjames » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:10 am

Congrats spaul.

Would you mind to share the letter template you have sent to the local MP..

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:12 am

jollyjames wrote:Congrats spaul.

Would you mind to share the letter template you have sent to the local MP..
ya please i@m also looking for the template. plzzz

Bash1oo

Post by Bash1oo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:16 am

Hi ryan2020, I don't mind having a copy of the template as well. I am now thinking more towards the MP line after waiting for three months.

Bash

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:35 am

Bash1oo wrote:Hi ryan2020, I don't mind having a copy of the template as well. I am now thinking more towards the MP line after waiting for three months.

Bash
ya bash... we r waiting if spaul can reply us....

spaul
Newly Registered

Post by spaul » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:46 am

Few tips while emailing MPs:
1. Write a brief summary and always use bullet points
2. Try to portrait your personal issues. However try to show how your personal issues impact (if any) British culture or economy etc. There may not direct impact but you need to point out how your issue can impact elsewhere
3. Bullet point the plan of action and politely say if he/she agrees on the same? and if yes, can you expect your MP to do something about it?

You can google for "How to write letter to MP" and get many tips.
I used the following links to understand what should be the content of my letter to the MP. You may find better links in google.
http://www.letterexpert.co.uk/writingtoyourmp.html
http://www.cpj.ca/en/content/how-write-letter-mp

Please ensure you read and understand the roles and responsibilites of your MP: (google for details):

UK Members of Parliament (MPs) have three main roles:
- To discuss and vote on legislation that may become laws;
- To hold the Government to account for its actions;
- To represent and help their constituents. This means that you have a right to contact your MP.

There is no standard template to be honest. You need to ensure your letter directly point MP to one of the above 3 roles. Also ensure o give a meaningful subject line and show your issue area i.e immigration or Home Office etc. They get 1000s of email , try something distinguishable.

===========My format========================

C/O Rt Hon (MP's full name)

Dear sir

<Write your problem in one line. >

<Brief summary of your details or business details if you are applying as limited company director:>

- name
- application no in HO
- date of birth
- address
- contact no
- Business name / VAT/ Company House registration /Pre tax profit since trading - if you are applying as director. I provided this to show the importance

<Background history>
In two of three lines say the entire story, what has been done in the past and whats the current state of your issue

<Impact analysis>
Personal impact or impact of family or businesses anything you believe has impact. Bullet point your voices

<Action items>
Say in your view what are the actions need to be taken and by who. e.g I told HO needs to expedite my premium service application as I was about to lose my business contract due to visa issues. My MP can contact and ask HO about the progress as that's MP's role but MP can not force HO in UK to do something. MP's role is to listen to his constituent with immigration issues but MP will trypically give this job to HO. So you need to be tricky here. The more you read about MP's roles and responsibilites , it would be better for you to phrase it proper way.

====================================
Finally do not blame anything for anything. One CW or some policy makers in HO cause 100s of issues. Raising those as overall does not solve individual cases. Bring more emotions than blame or arogance. That would help.

Hope this helps

spaul
Newly Registered

Post by spaul » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:49 am

Good luck everyone.. Have patience and faith.. all would be good.

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:54 am

spaul wrote:Good luck everyone.. Have patience and faith.. all would be good.
@Spaul

what is this "application no in HO " ? is it PEO Ref number ?

Regards
Krishna

spaul
Newly Registered

Post by spaul » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:56 am

Krishnalvr wrote:
@Spaul

Regards
Krishna
Yes. PEO reference no is the one

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:59 am

spaul wrote:
Krishnalvr wrote:
@Spaul

Regards
Krishna

U mean the PEO Reference number of online appointment ?

Regards
Krishna

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:05 am

spaul wrote:
Krishnalvr wrote:
@Spaul

Regards
Krishna
I didn't mentioned the PEO Reference number in the covering letter while sending the documents But i have elnclosed the copy of the letter given by case worker. Will this cause an issue ?

spaul
Newly Registered

Post by spaul » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:07 am

Krishnalvr wrote:
spaul wrote:
Krishnalvr wrote:
@Spaul

Regards
Krishna

Regards
Krishna
The online reference is just for the PEO appointment and that number has not been used anywhere as I understand. I had a differenet reference number given by CW when my case was deferred. Even if you do not have any reference number like my one, your passport no or DOB can be used to track your case.

Krishnalvr

Post by Krishnalvr » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:10 am

spaul wrote:
Krishnalvr wrote:
spaul wrote:
Krishnalvr wrote:
@Spaul

Regards
Krishna

Regards
Krishna
The online reference is just for the PEO appointment and that number has not been used anywhere as I understand. I had a differenet reference number given by CW when my case was deferred. Even if you do not have any reference number like my one, your passport no or DOB can be used to track your case.
In my case , she mentioned Name , Place And MY DOB as Ref:

I quoted the same while sending the docs to UK BA and also enclosed the case worker letter along with the documents

Will this be ok ?