ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP details in application form - confusing and urgent!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aravindb4u

BRP details in application form - confusing and urgent!!

Post by aravindb4u » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for the forum for providing info and answering our doubts so far.

Let me provide as much info as I can.

I will be applying for Tier 1 Gen extension along with my dependant next month.

My dependant (wife) joined me in the UK by getting an Entry clearance last October (2011).

While applying for Entry clearance in India, She remembered that they took her thumb impression and photo at VFS. But they have not provided with any Biometric number or anything. Her visa has been stamped in the passport. I am confused, and we are not sure whether BRP is issued or not.

So while filling the Tier 1 Extension form, what should we choose for question D1,

D. Biometric residence permit (BRP)
It is mandatory to complete Section D. Please note that this application will not be valid if this is not completed

D1. Have you been issued with a BRP for your most recent grant of leave?
Yes Go to question D2 no Go to question D5.

We had a debate, and my theory is - "BRP is a card which replaces visa sticker on passport. So, although her biometric details have been captured at VFS, a BRP is not issued." So we should choose NO.

Am I right?
All answers/opinions welcome.

Thanks

tier1Reading

Re: BRP details in application form - confusing and urgent!!

Post by tier1Reading » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:15 pm

aravindb4u wrote:D1. Have you been issued with a BRP for your most recent grant of leave?
NO

vinnydpu

Post by vinnydpu » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:17 pm

I have the same query but my history is as below:

I came in to London on TIER 2 in Jan 2010. My Biometrics were taken by VFS Pune.
Then applied for TIER 1 General on 16th July 2010, received T1 from 23Aug2010 to 23Aug2012. Did not go for any Biometrics ... :twisted:

So my answer is also NO here in my form ?

vinnydpu

Post by vinnydpu » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 pm

D2. Where did the applicant obtain entry clearance or a visa before travelling to the United Kingdom?

I was on Tier 2 when I entered in UK... I presume the details asked are for Tier 1 ? Please help !