ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Barclays bank

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adnanub

Barclays bank

Post by adnanub » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:36 am

Barclay bank ststemrnt receive on plain paper but bank refused to sign this. is this statement will be accepted by the HO? Thanks

t-bag

Re

Post by t-bag » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:02 am

Had the EXACT same problem!!

Go to the branch directly and ask for a statement. Then tell them they need to stamp it cos it's for a Home Office Visa Application.

Take no chances -

asim72
BANNED

Re: Barclays bank

Post by asim72 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:24 am

adnanub wrote:Barclay bank ststemrnt receive on plain paper but bank refused to sign this. is this statement will be accepted by the HO? Thanks
Will never be accepted by UKBA.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:11 am

Kindly read the extract from Immigration Directorate Instructions;

Personal bank statements showing the payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

So you don't need to get the statement signed and stamped if you have the bank's official cover letter with it.
The question is... to be or not to be....

kaushik.nanduri
Newly Registered

Post by kaushik.nanduri » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:12 pm

I had the same issue, but got the letter signed and stamped by Bank. I dont where in UK you are, but I have got them attested from Tottenham Court Road, London, Branch. all the best

sreemtech
Newly Registered

Barclays bank

Post by sreemtech » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi All

I Had the same problem too...Upon calling C. Care Received copy statement from Barclay's which was just Plain on A4 sheet with A/C No,A/c holder Name and sort code and not having Bank LOGO.

But they attached with a covering letter( on letterhead ).I Have got the stamped stamped and Signed from the nearest Branch

Going for extension Next month .....

Regards