ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application mess

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stanny359
Newly Registered

ILR Application mess

Post by stanny359 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:50 am

Hi All,

Ok here it goes.

We submitted our ILR application late due to me not having our original marriage certificate. Anyway the application went and i assumed everything was ok as i called UKBA a couple of times and they didn't indicate anything was wrong. However yesterday our application has been returned stating invalid application as the fee hasn't been paid. Even though the money has been in our account all along and the bank have not been able to find any decline record from UKBA. Therefore at the moment my wifes visa has expired and we are late.

It seems to state in the letter we can apply as it's invalid and not declined. Therefore this time i would like to do it on the fast track process. Therefore i am asking are the UKBA going to allow us to apply via this method or do we have to send in the application again and wait?

WE have always been on time with our previous applications and my wife works and we don't claim any benefits so our application is very straight forward.

Any advice most welcome

Neil

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:42 am

If her leave has expired, you can't do a PEO application in such circumstances. Or, rather, you can but it will not be granted and you will have to wait for a decision by post. Simpler to apply by post in the first place.

stanny359
Newly Registered

Post by stanny359 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:49 am

but if they let me do it via PEO surely it will be quicker even if late??

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:52 am

That's not the point. The PEO will only deal with straightforward applications that have no obvious issues. You have issues. What was the reason for the invalid application; was it the lack of marriage cert or some other reason?

stanny359
Newly Registered

Post by stanny359 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:55 am

All our paperwork is in order. The reason it was sent back is that they said they couldn't take payment from my account even though money was present.

Our application is straight forward other than been late. All our other visa applications have been on time and straight forward. If we do it via PEO and they say it will be decided at a later date surely it will still processed quicker than doing it via post?? On the letter it doesn't say we can't apply via PEO it just say reapply with valid fee

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:59 am

stanny359 wrote: Our application is straight forward other than been late.
And therefore not straightforward! Why don't you try and the worse that can happen is that they turn you away, or take your money and send you a decision much later in the post, or approve your application.

stanny359
Newly Registered

Post by stanny359 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:00 pm

i am trying online to get an appointment but it is not showing any dates available at all.......

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:02 pm

So fate has made a decision for you. Post it.

stanny359
Newly Registered

Post by stanny359 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:04 pm

i will call them on monday

rneeta

Post by rneeta » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:13 pm

I do not think they will accept late application in PEO. I was also in similar situation during extension in 2010. After they return, with the assumption that solicator can get quick PEo appointment I went to a lawyer and solicitor also said it will be quicker. But it was postal and took the usual time. There is no point going though solicitor also only for making it quicker.

Thanks
Neeta

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:47 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kaushik.nanduri
Newly Registered

Post by kaushik.nanduri » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:38 am

Call this number for appointments at PEO. They will ask you details like visa expiry, name etc. If they give you an appointment then fine, otherwise post it. The number would be 08706067766. all the best