ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited Company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

papu.sarkari
Newly Registered

Limited Company

Post by papu.sarkari » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi All,

I have been a silent reader of this forum. I am going to be applying for my Tier 1 extension in September.
Basically I am Employed (A) + Self Employed (B).

I am Employed at Firm A from where I receive my monthly salary.

I have Limited Company where I am the director (100%) share holder of the company. I DO NOT draw any salary out of the company as my employment salary from firm A is enough to keep me going. However, I take quarterly dividends out of my own Limited Company.

After reading the Tier 1 Guidance document, it seems it is necessary to show proof of Class 2 National Insurance being paid by self employed individauls. However, as I am director and only drawing dividends, my accountant advised that this is not necessary.

Does anybody have experience about this?

I intend to show my
1. Employment Salary
2. Private Limited Company Dividends as income source.

As a proof I will be getting a letter from my accountant + Incorporation letter from company house + proof of CIMA register accountant + bank statements of Business account + personal bank accounts + profit/ Loss accounts + accountant letter confirming my Net income.

Do you think anything is missing? As this company was incorporated in September 2011, my tax is not due untill 30 th Septmeber 2012. In this case, the accountant will confirm my total earning. Is this enough? or Class 2 National Insurance registration/payment is necessary.

From reading through the forum, it seems Glasgow/Liverpool PEO office does not take decisions immediately. In this scenario, it is better to apply via post?

jeno
Newly Registered

Post by jeno » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi Papu,

As far as Tax point of view, You don't need to pay class 2 NI for Limited company. but, Since you get dividend as your other source of income, You should register and file your self Assessment return.

HSK Accountancy Services

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:54 am

jeno wrote:Hi Papu,

As far as Tax point of view, You don't need to pay class 2 NI for Limited company. but, Since you get dividend as your other source of income, You should register and file your self Assessment return.
Thats correct.

kannit

Post by kannit » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:07 pm

I think you should consider your self as Employed with "B" rather than as self-employed to keep matter simple.

Read:
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/employment-status/index.htm

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Wish you all the very best Papu.Sarkari, Hope your visa gets approved.

If possible ,once you get your visa, please do share your experience.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

anishmathw
Newly Registered

Re: Limited Company

Post by anishmathw » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:45 pm

papu.sarkari wrote:Hi All,

I have been a silent reader of this forum. I am going to be applying for my Tier 1 extension in September.
Basically I am Employed (A) + Self Employed (B).

I am Employed at Firm A from where I receive my monthly salary.

I have Limited Company where I am the director (100%) share holder of the company. I DO NOT draw any salary out of the company as my employment salary from firm A is enough to keep me going. However, I take quarterly dividends out of my own Limited Company.

After reading the Tier 1 Guidance document, it seems it is necessary to show proof of Class 2 National Insurance being paid by self employed individauls. However, as I am director and only drawing dividends, my accountant advised that this is not necessary.

Does anybody have experience about this?

I intend to show my
1. Employment Salary
2. Private Limited Company Dividends as income source.

As a proof I will be getting a letter from my accountant + Incorporation letter from company house + proof of CIMA register accountant + bank statements of Business account + personal bank accounts + profit/ Loss accounts + accountant letter confirming my Net income.

Do you think anything is missing? As this company was incorporated in September 2011, my tax is not due untill 30 th Septmeber 2012. In this case, the accountant will confirm my total earning. Is this enough? or Class 2 National Insurance registration/payment is necessary.

From reading through the forum, it seems Glasgow/Liverpool PEO office does not take decisions immediately. In this scenario, it is better to apply via post?
Could you please share your TIER 1 EXTN experience ?