ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence - staying together & being in touch - UK settle

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sreeja
Newly Registered

Evidence - staying together & being in touch - UK settle

Post by Sreeja » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi All,

I applied for dependent visa for UK on 5/7/2012 from Hyderabad, India. I got married to a UK citizen on May 4 2012 in India. We stayed together for 2 weeks at my husbands family house in India. We were not able to go for any trip as my sister in law was getting married just a week after ours and our customs did not give us enough time to have a honeymoon trip. My husband went back to UK to resume his work on May 19 2012.

As evidence of our relationship, I have submitted

Marraige certificate
Photos of Marraige
Photos of me and my husband attending the family function of my Sister In Laws marraige
A few chat histories (gtalk chat histories -around 5 days covering 1.5 months since my husband left to UK and application date)

We are usually is in touch through skype calls for which no evidence could be produced :(

Is this enough to prove that we are in touch? I am scared this wont be enough? Can anyone please give an insight?

Thanks in Advance

laiba85
Newly Registered

Post by laiba85 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi

You could have given screen shots of skype calls along with other evidence because you can clearly see communication on their which is hard to make up. As far as I'm aware u can use that as a part of your evidence amongst other forms of communication

Sreeja
Newly Registered

Post by Sreeja » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Is it that print out of chat histories cannot be a valid evidence? Or is it that 5 days communication will not be considered enough?

Please guide.

Thank You.

laiba85 wrote:Hi

You could have given screen shots of skype calls along with other evidence because you can clearly see communication on their which is hard to make up. As far as I'm aware u can use that as a part of your evidence amongst other forms of communication

laiba85
Newly Registered

Post by laiba85 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:06 pm

As long as u give evidence for the duration of when your husband to when u submitted the documents as they look for consistency. I'm sure your chat history will be enough as long as it covers the period of your husband going back to submitting papers. But I was just saying u could have submitted screen shots of your chat history and calls with your husband as well

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Re: Evidence - staying together & being in touch - UK se

Post by tamilmaran » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:55 am

Hi Shreeja,
I think the documents you have given is enough, any sensible case worker should be able to understand and more over you got recently married. I have got my Dependant Visa in two days time from Chennai

By the the way you have done a very good thing on applying before 9 th July, so that you could apply for ILR after two years .

Dont worry..!! Stay cool !! Looking forward to join your hubby soon...!!!

Sreeja
Newly Registered

Re: Evidence - staying together & being in touch - UK se

Post by Sreeja » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:00 am

Thank you for all the replies...It gives a lot of relief :)

You mentioned you have got dependent visa in 2 days time? Was it settlement? I came to know that it takes around 4 months time for a reply for applications from India?

Thank You..

tamilmaran wrote:Hi Shreeja,
I think the documents you have given is enough, any sensible case worker should be able to understand and more over you got recently married. I have got my Dependant Visa in two days time from Chennai

By the the way you have done a very good thing on applying before 9 th July, so that you could apply for ILR after two years .

Dont worry..!! Stay cool !! Looking forward to join your hubby soon...!!!

janata
BANNED

Post by janata » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:29 pm

I will applied for settlement visa for UK to join my husband
I got married to a UK citizen since 5 months ago
We stayed together for 1 month at my house family then My husband went to UK
I will submit as evidence of relationship :
Marriage certificate
weeding photos
yahoo conversation for 1 years
5 western union receipt
Is that enough to prove that we are in touch?

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Reply to Shreeja

Post by tamilmaran » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:49 am

It was Dependant visa , normally they say 4 to 6 weeks., but I got in two day time. , but it was in 2010. Now there is a huge messup in UKBA.
Manpower cut, less morale, more work due to Olympics...they are going to go on strike.... Things are worst now.

Regards

Tamilmaran

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Reply for Janata

Post by tamilmaran » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:56 am

[u]Reply for Janata [/u]

When did you got married.

1) I guess, you can join your husband as dependant only
2) you have to be in UK for 5 years with your Hubby to get settlement visa
3) these documents mentioned seems to be OK.
4) Hope you are aware of taking English test .
5) Ensure your English exam certificate has a lfe time validity.
( some insttution gives validity for two years only )

janata
BANNED

Re: Reply for Janata

Post by janata » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:54 am

[quote="tamilmaran"][u]Reply for Janata [/u]

When did you got married.

1) I guess, you can join your husband as dependant only
2) you have to be in UK for 5 years with your Hubby to get settlement visa
3) these documents mentioned seems to be OK.
4) Hope you are aware of taking English test .
5) Ensure your English exam certificate has a lfe time validity.
( some insttution gives validity for two years only )[/quote]

thanks for reply
I got married in January
i passed THE KEY ENGLISH TEST in 19/11/2011 I have achieved a level A1
score 59 This type of test expire or not ?

send2archan

Post by send2archan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:33 am

Dont worry, its very normal to be worried, even I was worried but my wife got visa within 2 weeks time. U are bang on with ur documents. One more thing I provided was CALL LOGS so a spreadsheet showing that u guys are frequently on phone on a regular basis. if ur hubby calls u from UK via a calling card he should be able to download it from thr website. Then u can highlight the mobile/landline number that is YOURS. Also, if u provide a support like an Airtel bill under YOUR name which shwos that ur hubby was calling YOU on a daily basis I think it shud act as a good evidence. Also emails like planning for honeymoon, facebook posts etc are also good support