ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for naturalization on basis of marriage

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zee313

Application for naturalization on basis of marriage

Post by zee313 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:55 am

Dear all,

I am set my appointment with the NCS for the 8th august,
i need some clarification, i am applying on the basis of marriage to a BC. but i am a student so do i need to send in any educational documents and if so what do i need?
also for section 3 do i just say occupation student and leave the rest blank about employer etc?
I just want to confirm that the HO accepts marriage certificates from other countries as long as it is in english?
Lastly after submission of my papers with the NCS i believe i can travel after 5 days, is that working days or weekends included and would there be any restriction as to how many days i can be out of the country for?

Thank you very much to this forum for your help.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Application for naturalization on basis of marriage

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:33 pm

zee313 wrote:i am a student so do i need to send in any educational documents and if so what do i need?
No.
also for section 3 do i just say occupation student and leave the rest blank about employer etc?
Yes.
I just want to confirm that the HO accepts marriage certificates from other countries as long as it is in english?

Yes. As long as this is an official & original certificate (didn't you had to use it for your previous visa applications?)
Lastly after submission of my papers with the NCS i believe i can travel after 5 days, is that working days or weekends included and would there be any restriction as to how many days i can be out of the country for?
It's 5 days. You can be away as long as you want just make sure someone monitors the post (at least in a few months time) so you don't miss the approval letter as you have 90 days to attend the ceremony.

zee313

Post by zee313 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Thank you for your help, may god bless you.
I need some clarification on my situation please just to be sure.
i obtained my indefinite leave to enter in 2007 through my mother who is british citizen whilst i was living abroad. In 2008 i entered uk to live and study. have been studying since completed my undergrad and now in the processs of completing my masters. I met my wife whilst studying she is a born british citizen, we just very recently got married and now i am seeking to apply for my naturalization as iv been here for 3 years and married to a britsh citizen.
Am i correct in saying that i am now eligible to apply or am i wrong?
Please confirm.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:45 pm

zee313 wrote:Thank you for your help, may god bless you.
I need some clarification on my situation please just to be sure.
i obtained my indefinite leave to enter in 2007 through my mother who is british citizen whilst i was living abroad. In 2008 i entered uk to live and study. have been studying since completed my undergrad and now in the processs of completing my masters. I met my wife whilst studying she is a born british citizen, we just very recently got married and now i am seeking to apply for my naturalization as iv been here for 3 years and married to a britsh citizen.
Am i correct in saying that i am now eligible to apply or am i wrong?
Please confirm.
You are correct. Please note that you will need to pass the Life in the UK test (I presume you didn't take it in the past).

zee313

Post by zee313 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:06 pm

i didnt need to take it at the time when i received my indefinite to enter but i have now passed the test. thank you. will my wife be required to sign any documents at the NCS? its just her birth cerificate and our marriage certificate that i need to provide from her side?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:37 pm

zee313 wrote: just her birth cerificate and our marriage certificate that i need to provide from her side?