ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Croydon-Strange Output-Any Help please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nsuk
- thin ice -

PEO Croydon-Strange Output-Any Help please

Post by nsuk » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:39 pm

I had an appointment in Croydon on 27/06/12 but was told that there need to be further checks as your entry clearance file was not closed properly in New Delhi. They say they will send the docs and passport to me once decision is taken.

any help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:19 am

Nothing to worry about!

Though extremely rare but has happened before, so you are not the first / only one.

From what little I understand, every case must be given a closed / complete status once a decision has been taken on it and no further enquiries are pending. Sometimes, this doesn't happen and the caseworker here will need to contact the office / team (in UK or overseas) that dealt with the "still open" case to double-check - this takes time and hence decision on an in-person application is deferred.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:18 am

Many thanks for a quick reply.

The only reason to worry for me is that my wife's and kid's visa is expiring on 07/07/12 and I don't understand what to do about that.

Any suggestion will be extremely helpful

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:33 am

Apply as you had intended to do earlier, before their leave expires.

I believe the dependant application form asks for the date and reference number of the main migrant's most recent application - which, in this case, is the application you made at the PEO (yesterday). Fill those details in and you are good to go.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:43 am

Thanks again.
I will do the same in the name of the God.
Also the letter they have given to me with the £1800 receipt says prominently that my application is valid but further enquiries need to be made. On asking whether my application is OK apart from the case open problem in Delhi he said I can't comment anything now. May be it is their policy not to comment anything till final decision.

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:15 am

nsuk wrote:Thanks again.
I will do the same in the name of the God.
Also the letter they have given to me with the £1800 receipt says prominently that my application is valid but further enquiries need to be made. On asking whether my application is OK apart from the case open problem in Delhi he said I can't comment anything now. May be it is their policy not to comment anything till final decision.
Thats true. They wont say anything regarding your file. Don't worry, it seems like they only have 1 concern which is regarding your entry clearance and once that is being cleared you will get your docs back. In the meanwhile just do as Sushdmehta said. Apply your dependants application with your recent applications details. You should all get your visa extended soon. Good Luck.

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Thanks for motivation dear longshift. I'll definitely look forward positively.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:35 am

I saw this post and it seems strange for me as well.

Why could be a case status is still open after issuing the entry clearance? Is it a technical problem or mistake or anything else?

Thank you

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:08 pm

samira_uk wrote:I saw this post and it seems strange for me as well.

Why could be a case status is still open after issuing the entry clearance? Is it a technical problem or mistake or anything else?

Thank you
I really don't understand what's the problem technical or otherwise. But yes it is taking too much of time now and my patience is running out. I'm planning to write to my local MP.
Thanks

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:58 pm

I can share you my experience. When i first came to UK in 2009 on Tier 2 dependent visa, I had issue with my pay slips. Because I had worked in US for last 9 months before applying and didnt had original payslips. My company spoke to VFA and they arranged for submission of xerox without any attestation or signature. I was granted Tier-2 successfully. Then I shifted to Tier 1 later in 2010.

Cases like these often result in file not closed properly.

nsuk
- thin ice -

Post by nsuk » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Finally by the grace of God and prayers of wellwishers I received all my docs and brp today.
Thanks everyone for help.