ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Dependant Visa: Query regarding proof of address

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bharathsb
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Dependant Visa: Query regarding proof of address

Post by bharathsb » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:44 am

I am currently on Tier-1 General Visa valid till June-2015 and am residing in UK since 3 years. My Wife will be applying for Tier-1 General Dependant Visa from India [ This would be her first visa application]. The Documents that she would be submitting are:
1. Bank Letter stating the availability of Maintenance funds of £600 [ Indian Rupees equivalent] for consecutive 90 Days
2. Marriage Certificate.
3. Copy of my Passport Page and copy of my BRP

I am currently staying in a shared accommodation in UK which is shared by 5 persons. My queries are
1. Do we have to provide with the application any sort of evidence to prove that she can be accommodated in the place where I live?
2. Do I have to move to a single bed house for my wife's visa purposes or can my wife be granted the visa even while I am staying in a shared accommodation?
3. Do we have to provide any documents for proof of address like tenancy agreement / council letters?

Answers to the above queries will be much appreciated!
Thanks!

sherjan

Re: Tier-1 Dependant Visa: Query regarding proof of address

Post by sherjan » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:18 am

bharathsb wrote:I am currently on Tier-1 General Visa valid till June-2015 and am residing in UK since 3 years. My Wife will be applying for Tier-1 General Dependant Visa from India [ This would be her first visa application]. The Documents that she would be submitting are:
1. Bank Letter stating the availability of Maintenance funds of £600 [ Indian Rupees equivalent] for consecutive 90 Days
2. Marriage Certificate.
3. Copy of my Passport Page and copy of my BRP

I am currently staying in a shared accommodation in UK which is shared by 5 persons. My queries are
1. Do we have to provide with the application any sort of evidence to prove that she can be accommodated in the place where I live?
2. Do I have to move to a single bed house for my wife's visa purposes or can my wife be granted the visa even while I am staying in a shared accommodation?
3. Do we have to provide any documents for proof of address like tenancy agreement / council letters?

Thanks!
Hi
Proof of address or tenancy of house shared/fully occupied are not the requirements for dependent visa. 600pounds and relationship are compulsory requirements. I have applied my wife's visa without proof of address and any tenancy agreement. There are many others also applied without these two things. So don't worry and apply with confidence.

Tier1G09
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier-1 Dependant Visa: Query regarding proof of address

Post by Tier1G09 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:58 am

bharathsb wrote:I am currently on Tier-1 General Visa valid till June-2015 and am residing in UK since 3 years. My Wife will be applying for Tier-1 General Dependant Visa from India [ This would be her first visa application]. The Documents that she would be submitting are:

Thanks!
Also provide your marriage card as well and also few pics of your wedding.

bharathsb
Newly Registered

Post by bharathsb » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Thanks sherjan and Tier1G09!! Your answers have been very helpful!!