ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at Croydon - 27th May

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thunderera

Success at Croydon - 27th May

Post by thunderera » Tue May 31, 2011 8:40 pm

Hi Guys,
This forum helped me so much to organise my documents so thought of posting my experiance today.

I applied for ILR under T1 and it was a combination of WP+T1. Changed to T1 in 2007. My wife applied with me after being on T1 dependandant for two years.

Inside our application was checked to see if its correct version. Asked if we have all necessary documentation. Next went to payment counter and only asked if we have correct documents. Nothing was checked except payment page of the application.

Had to wait some time before we were called to a counter. Case officer took my passport and application and entered some dates. Then asked my wife's passport and checked some dates. Next asked for any supporting documents. I gave the following.

1. 1yr payslips.
2. 1 yr bank statements with the salary highlighted. (Same bank account was used for proving maintenance funds.)
3.Life in UK
4. Letter from employer. (This did not mention when I started my job in current company. I worked for another under WP. So I had to give the current employment contract to prove the start date)
5. Last 3 yr P60. (Was not asked for but I provided with the documentation.)

To prove cohabitation I gave two utility bills with my wifes name. Also her Life in the UK results.

Asked if I have photo copies and I gave what I had. Case officer copied missing ones. Took about 20 min and then told it looks good and to collect our PPs from counter in about one hr.

Just to add to this my salary was higher than last time when i applied for T1 and I have been away from UK on personal visits for 175 days including travel dates.

Everything was very professional and friendly. So good luck to anyone who will be applying in the future....

abhayk
Newly Registered

Post by abhayk » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:07 am

Congratulations!

I had a query - you mentioned that you applied under T1 ( I am assuming you ticked section 10L) and that you provided letter from your employer. However, the list of documents does not mention letter from the employer. Did the officer specifically ask for the employer letter and what do they look for in the letter?

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:33 am

No he said "give me any supporting document you have". Also while checking pay slips and bank statements he asked if they refered to current employer. So I'd say better to provide employers letter.

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:41 am

thunderera wrote:No he said "give me any supporting document you have". Also while checking pay slips and bank statements he asked if they refered to current employer. So I'd say better to provide employers letter.
Hi thunderera,

Is it OK to use highlighter on the original bank statements to highlight the earnings. As I would like to use two highlighters as my earnings are made up from two sources.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:14 am

rentmeda wrote:
thunderera wrote:No he said "give me any supporting document you have". Also while checking pay slips and bank statements he asked if they refered to current employer. So I'd say better to provide employers letter.
Hi thunderera,

Is it OK to use highlighter on the original bank statements to highlight the earnings. As I would like to use two highlighters as my earnings are made up from two sources.
to be on the safe side i used pencil to underline the transactions. You never know using highlighter might deemed as tampering with statements which is not your intention at all.

rentmeda

Post by rentmeda » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:19 am

Thank you Manyaonisland I will go with it and use a pencil instead.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:00 am

Or add coloured post-it notes. You can write on the post-it (e.g. "salary") and stick it next to the transaction on your bank statement. Makes it very easy for the case-worker and means the original document isn't marked.

paulmu

Post by paulmu » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:39 am

Or use an arrow like so -->

I agree that using a high-lighter can be construed as tampering.
PM

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:31 pm

I used highlighter for my WP change, T1 and also on this once. Did same on the photocopies. No eyebrows raised...

sreblog

Re: Success at Croydon - 27th May

Post by sreblog » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:03 am

thunderera wrote:Hi Guys,
This forum helped me so much to organise my documents so thought of posting my experiance today.

I applied for ILR under T1 and it was a combination of WP+T1. Changed to T1 in 2007. My wife applied with me after being on T1 dependandant for two years.

Inside our application was checked to see if its correct version. Asked if we have all necessary documentation. Next went to payment counter and only asked if we have correct documents. Nothing was checked except payment page of the application.

Had to wait some time before we were called to a counter. Case officer took my passport and application and entered some dates. Then asked my wife's passport and checked some dates. Next asked for any supporting documents. I gave the following.

1. 1yr payslips.
2. 1 yr bank statements with the salary highlighted. (Same bank account was used for proving maintenance funds.)
3.Life in UK
4. Letter from employer. (This did not mention when I started my job in current company. I worked for another under WP. So I had to give the current employment contract to prove the start date)
5. Last 3 yr P60. (Was not asked for but I provided with the documentation.)

To prove cohabitation I gave two utility bills with my wifes name. Also her Life in the UK results.

Asked if I have photo copies and I gave what I had. Case officer copied missing ones. Took about 20 min and then told it looks good and to collect our PPs from counter in about one hr.

Just to add to this my salary was higher than last time when i applied for T1 and I have been away from UK on personal visits for 175 days including travel dates.

Everything was very professional and friendly. So good luck to anyone who will be applying in the future....

Can you please confirm if you had taken photo copies of personal bank statements