ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got 3 yr HSMP extension!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Londonite
Newly Registered

Got 3 yr HSMP extension!

Post by Londonite » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:03 am

Just got the green light for another three years in the UK! Wasn't terribly nervous as I was able to find work after only two months, but it was still a huge relief to see that letter of acceptance. Stayed here the whole year with the exception of one short trip to France.

Processing took just three weeks from the day we shipped our package.

Included with the application:

Cover letter
FLR / IED application
Passports
Passport photos
Postal Money Orders
All pay stubs for myself and my wife
Letters of employment
Business card
NI letters
All UK bank statement
Current US Bank statement
Rental agreement
Copy of provisional drivers license
Driving theory test certificate

Now if I could just pass the british practical driving test. Failed it once already :evil:

Londonite

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:07 am

Congratsssssss :lol:

bouncingboy
Newly Registered

Congrats

Post by bouncingboy » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:30 am

Congrats Londonite, Please can i know how many days before your 1 visa expiry did u apply for the extension

Thanks

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:55 am

Congs Londonite,

In addition to bouncing boy's Q..did they extend for three years from the LAST validity date of your initial 12months...or did they extend three years from the date they stamped/recieved your passport?
Where there is a will there is a way.

Londonite
Newly Registered

Post by Londonite » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:50 pm

Congrats Londonite, Please can i know how many days before your 1 visa expiry did u apply for the extension
bb - I applied one month and three days before visa expiry. It takes a day or two to ship, so I figured no one would consider it early.
In addition to bouncing boy's Q..did they extend for three years from the LAST validity date of your initial 12months...or did they extend three years from the date they stamped/recieved your passport?
Thanks Chess, they took the exact same date as EC Visa expiry (sticker on the passport), and extended three years.

Londonite

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:15 pm

many thanx Londonite -

seeing that the Visa was extended upto 3 years after the date of the initial 12months EC - then IMHO the issue of HSMP applications being accepted 2 months prior to end of the 1st year makes a bit of sense :roll:

If the extensions were stamped for 3 years after the date of reciept of the ppt - then there was a risk of candidates falling short of the 4 years
Where there is a will there is a way.

bouncingboy
Newly Registered

Post by bouncingboy » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:23 pm

many thanks Londonite